tip for people who get motion sickness - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-19-2017, 07:59 AM   #1
jozeff

Reputation power: 0
jozeff will become famous soon enoughjozeff will become famous soon enough
Default tip for people who get motion sickness

Hello vr friends,

Love the Huey in vr! Unfortunately I get sick real quick and therefore I never visit theme parks/rollercoaster etc.
At first there wasn't a problem but suddenly while playing half life 2 with vorpx in vr I got really sick and since then my stomach started spinning as soon as I managed to hover the Huey in Dcs!

But..........now I eat about 3 to 4 grams of ginger before attaching the rift to my head and voila! No more problems. Make sure to chew the ginger so that the juice enters your stomach.

Will not work for everyone, as most thing don't but it's worth a try.
jozeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:00 AM   #2
awjudge

Reputation power: 7
awjudge will become famous soon enoughawjudge will become famous soon enough

I second this. Ginger is the go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
awjudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:30 AM   #3
jozeff

Reputation power: 0
jozeff will become famous soon enoughjozeff will become famous soon enough

But guys,

Dont eat too much ginger because it can cause diarrhea, heartburn, stomach pain, and it dilutes your blood which isnt necessarily bad but be aware of that.

Wanted to add that
jozeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:19 AM   #4
TheKrayTwin

Reputation power: 2
TheKrayTwin is on a distinguished road

Beer helps ;p My motion sickness lasted about 3 weeks, took a break whenever I got the feeling. Eventually you will need less breaks and then the motion sickness will disappear.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:03 PM   #5
PreussLee

Reputation power: 1
PreussLee is on a distinguished road

Chewing gum works good for me
Old 05-19-2017, 05:53 PM   #6
Magnanimous

Magnanimous will become famous soon enoughMagnanimous will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozeff View Post
But guys,

Dont eat too much ginger because it can cause diarrhea, heartburn, stomach pain, and it dilutes your blood which isnt necessarily bad but be aware of that.

Wanted to add that

Dilutes blood? What dost thou mean by this? Increases plasma volume? Decreases hemoglobin?
Magnanimous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 01:22 AM   #7
Rangi

Reputation power: 15
Rangi is just really niceRangi is just really niceRangi is just really niceRangi is just really niceRangi is just really niceRangi is just really niceRangi is just really niceRangi is just really niceRangi is just really niceRangi is just really niceRangi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnanimous View Post
Dilutes blood? What dost thou mean by this? Increases plasma volume? Decreases hemoglobin?
Good question, I assume he means it works as a blood thinner ie. a drug used to prevent the formation of blood clots by hindering coagulation of the blood. I have not heard if the mechanism of action (or even effectivity) has been proved yet but some studies suggest it may be an antiplatelet rather than an anticoagulant.
Rangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:27 PM   #8
Mango

Reputation power: 7
Mango has a spectacular aura aboutMango has a spectacular aura aboutMango has a spectacular aura about

Buttkicker Gamer, actually. I find VR gets uncomfortable and unsettling very quickly without tactile feedback. However, with the Buttkicker engaged I can play for hours without any problem at all.

I'm sure it's a more expensive solution than you're looking for but it really completes the VR experience!
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:14 PM   #9
Magnanimous

Magnanimous will become famous soon enoughMagnanimous will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango View Post
Buttkicker Gamer, actually. I find VR gets uncomfortable and unsettling very quickly without tactile feedback. However, with the Buttkicker engaged I can play for hours without any problem at all.

I'm sure it's a more expensive solution than you're looking for but it really completes the VR experience!

This or the Jetseat. https://www.gametrix.eu/products/gam...seat-livesense. This thing adds huge immersion to VR and helps your brain reconcile the experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Magnanimous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:23 AM   #10
Cavemanhead

Reputation power: 9
Cavemanhead is on a distinguished road

So, I'd think the BK + a Jetseat is the way to go... Use the BK for the supper low freq vibrations and the JS to catch everything else... Or can both not be used at once?

What does the JS offer that the BK doesn't already offer?
Cavemanhead is offline   Reply With Quote