No Tanker engine or prop noise when A2A refuelling

Mezsh

I was doing a spot of air-to-air refuelling the other day in my trusted harrier, and as I approached the KC-130, it suddenly occured to me that there was zero noise from the tanker's engines or props, despite doing 260KTS just a few metres back and below its engines. Surely, as you'd approach in real life, you'd hear/feel the low frequency hum from the props/engines through the cockpit window?! That would be a good addition to make refuelling even more immersive (especially in VR!)

With the greatest of respect, that's a lame response. Just because it's normal, doesn't mean it's right or better in any way. I'm just trying to offer suggestions for improvements to realism and immersion, it shouldn't be that hard to implement and you can't deny that it'd make refuelling far more realistic, the sound is half the vibe!

With the greatest of respect, that's a lame response. Just because it's normal, doesn't mean it's right or better in any way. I'm just trying to offer suggestions for improvements to realism and immersion, it shouldn't be that hard to implement and you can't deny that it'd make refuelling far more realistic, the sound is half the vibe!

Don't be angry! :smilewink:

I have no idea how long you are using DCS World but your question looks like lame.

I am not the ED team member. And my words are not the official response for you.

Just FYI there are a lot of other problems which can't realiaze your "offer suggestions for improvements to realism and immersion".

So this engine's sound can't be a problem for you to get the time for A2A refueling trainings.

So, just live with it. :pilotfly:

Edited by kievbsm

260 knots is an enormous amount of force impacting the nose of your aircraft, external sounds are likely not getting through that. Exceptions possibly for another aircraft's engine in afterburner, as that's an enormous amount of noise.

Turbofan/turboprop engines at cruise power? Probably not.

I've seen raw video of air to air photography sessions at speeds around 100 knots.. you can't hear anything of the other aircraft.

Edited by randomTOTEN

• 2 weeks later...