How to set up snap views in VR?

fargo007

Not usable in VR.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

This works with the CV1 I tested it with.

You need to redo the views to make them work for some reason.

Make your own as shown here with using a 2D monitor

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4113647#post4113647

Then bind a button to said snap view, I use a modifier + button.

Examples

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Snap views are usable in VR albeit not in the same planes as 2D. You can set snapviews defined by cockpit camera move commands for up / down / left / left / right / back for example which will set where your viewpoint is.

AN example would be set up a snapview for full down and full forward for best view of the ka50 TV screen or full right and a bit forward for the ABRIS or up and forward for the HUD etc....

You cannot set angles though as they are dictated by VR...

May help in some circumstances.

PM in discord if necessary Fargo...

SIGBLOCK.png

I made this post a while back.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=237179

- Just remember that in the screenshots, the orientation is me looking there, its not saved - only location is saved as mentioned above.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Thanks guys, this gave me a good idea of what's available to come up with a solution. What I'm doing in VR to reset the angle is looking up, resetting center, and then when I look straight ahead, I'm actually looking down.

I combined this with two simple raise/lower commands (Rctrl-Rshift-2, 8) and between those I can get focused in on anything I want without a sore neck.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/