DCS: F-15C Eagle

streakeagle

We have the F-14B, F-16C, and F/A-18C. The MiG-29 and Su-27 opposition are not an option. So, the F-15C should be the next modern fighter, which would complete the US "teen" series.

The existing Flaming Cliffs 3 F-15C is a joy to fly, but I don't fly it often because I much prefer aircraft with fully modeled systems/clickable cockpits.

The aircraft I really want is the F-4 Phantom, and it is planned but indefinitely suspended pending other priorities. I would like the F-4 before anything else. But the F-15C might be fairly easy to bring up to full blown DCS module standards since the flight model and engine dynamics are already done and the cockpit appears to have been designed to allow full animation and be fully clickable.

I know Eagle Dynamics already has a full schedule, but the title of this subforum is "DCS Wishlist", after all!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Only thing is that if Razbam is planning to do F-15E, doing C would be similar to a third party making Mi-24D. I guess that from the sales point it would depend on who delivers first., on the other hand, I prefer a multirole fighter.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Despite the outward similarity, the C and E are very different aircraft. The extra weight and the CFT's drag limits the F-15E's performance even with the -229 engines. The F-15C already exists, it would be better, especially for multiplayer, if its radar and other systems were modeled more realistically.

Bonus wish: pilot body showing in cockpit whether or not the F-15C is ever upgraded to a high fidelity module.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The aircraft I really want is the F-4 Phantom, and it is planned but indefinitely suspended pending other priorities. I would like the F-4 before anything else. But the F-15C might be fairly easy to bring up to full blown DCS module standards since the flight model and engine dynamics are already done and the cockpit appears to have been designed to allow full animation and be fully clickable.

+1 :thumbup:

Digital Storm Lynx: i9-10850k (5.2 GHz): 64GB RAM (3200 MHz): 2TB SSD M.2 Samsung 970 EVO: 2TB Samsung HD: GEFORCE 2080 TI: Thrust Master WartHog (modified): TM F-18C joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals: HP Reverb PRO: Volair Sim Cockpit: Current Stable Version of DCS :thumbup:

IRL Retired Maintainer of the AT-38B: F-4E/G: F-15A/B/C/D: and McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Technical Advisor for the F-15C/D. I drive trains now. :yawn:

Only thing is that if Razbam is planning to do F-15E, doing C would be similar to a third party making Mi-24D. I guess that from the sales point it would depend on who delivers first., on the other hand, I prefer a multirole fighter.

Maybe Razbam could consider a combo module "The DCS Eagle" Both a C and E variants and add to the price...say a $99 Module?

Despite the outward similarity, the C and E are very different aircraft. The extra weight and the CFT's drag limits the F-15E's performance even with the -229 engines. The F-15C already exists, it would be better, especially for multiplayer, if its radar and other systems were modeled more realistically.

Bonus wish: pilot body showing in cockpit whether or not the F-15C is ever upgraded to a high fidelity module.

AMEN!

@Kdrum60, were you at Kadena in 83-84?

Edited by =JUICE=

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe Razbam could consider a combo module "The DCS Eagle" Both a C and E variants and add to the price...say a $99 Module?

Ooh!!! I'd buy that!!

Sure, they don't really fly the same... but it may be not insurmountable, as some of the data needed would actually have some duplication. Not a lot, but some. But whatever their source for data, the source may have data for both variants. That and I think C and E as a package would sell very well indeed!

@juice Aug 90 to Aug 92.

Digital Storm Lynx: i9-10850k (5.2 GHz): 64GB RAM (3200 MHz): 2TB SSD M.2 Samsung 970 EVO: 2TB Samsung HD: GEFORCE 2080 TI: Thrust Master WartHog (modified): TM F-18C joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals: HP Reverb PRO: Volair Sim Cockpit: Current Stable Version of DCS :thumbup:

IRL Retired Maintainer of the AT-38B: F-4E/G: F-15A/B/C/D: and McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Technical Advisor for the F-15C/D. I drive trains now. :yawn:

IIRC BST was looking at possibly doing DCS:F-15C after the PFM was done.

But this was a long time ago, before they re integrated back into Eagle Dynamics

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Considering ED already has F-15C flight model, external model and F/A-18C AA avionics which is very similar to F-15 and considering F-15C popularity I thing they will model fighter Eagle sooner or later.

It's less complicated due to being AA exclusively so it would take whole lot less time to model F-15C than Hornet.

It's less complicated due to being AA exclusively so it would take whole lot less time to model F-15C than Hornet.

AFAIK the F-15A/C is A-G capable, including CCIP and maybe even CCRP bomb release modes. The USAF is just not making any those functions, the Israelis on the other hand did.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yea would be nice if we got a full fidelity f15c of the fc3 aircraft. Even better if such a module could potentially be expanded further as a proper 2000s eagle with aim9x , jhmcs and link 16.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

While it would seem like a no brainier and easier to just upgrade the F-15, I feel like if it has not been done yet its probably for a good reason that is holding up ED from doing it. For now I have plenty to keep me busy for a long time mastering the F-14 and Viggen. But when ever the F-4 Phantom does eventually get released It will be a day one buy for me.

AFAIK the F-15A/C is A-G capable, including CCIP and maybe even CCRP bomb release modes. The USAF is just not making any those functions, the Israelis on the other hand did.

I've heard that the 1st Fighter Wing trained for strike with their F-15Cs in the 80s and 90s, but they were the only unit to do so.

it would make a lot ofsense, even tho I dont buy pure fighters, it makes perfect sense, only cockpit and systems needed.

But, it is still a first line fighter in many NATO countries, I doubt the systems would be available to simulate in full detail...I cant imagine israel and japan very happy with the info disclosed.. never the less it is a 70s aircraft.

it would make a lot ofsense, even tho I dont buy pure fighters, it makes perfect sense, only cockpit and systems needed.

But, it is still a first line fighter in many NATO countries, I doubt the systems would be available to simulate in full detail...I cant imagine israel and japan very happy with the info disclosed.. never the less it is a 70s aircraft.

USA uses it as a "pure" fighter, but some limited secondary attack capabilities have always been present for the F15A/C but simply left dormant in US service purely due to the AS Eagle pilot community's stubborn insistence for "not a pound for air to ground". CCIP and CCRP modes exist for use with Mk80 series bombs, as well as integration for EO based GBu8 ( although latter EO bomb was never used on eagle AFAIK, but operation described within -34) for which the radar screen is alternatively switched over to view its TV imagery. Israel made use of these already present capabilities IRL on their Eagles.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Yes they gave the Eagle capability to drop dumb bombs in CCIP like the Viper had when released in early access. Never use that in combat.

I have been flying the F-15C exclusively for the past couple of days, and it just makes me wish it was fully modeled that much more. I love the flight model. It just kills me not to be able to operate it properly. It is ironic that a much more complex aircraft like the AJS-37 is fully modeled while the much simpler F-15C is stuck in Flaming Cliffs simple avionics mode. I am a pure air-to-air fan, but I fly the AJS-37 to enjoy its systems/flight modeling. If the JA-37 was available, I would almost never fly the AJS-37 again :P

Until the F-4 is released, the F-15C would get a lot more of my time if it was fully modeled.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes they gave the Eagle capability to drop dumb bombs in CCIP like the Viper had when released in early access. Never use that in combat.
I recall from the old day of Lomac one of ED devs said the F-15C (no idea which block or version) actually much more capable in AG compared to Su-27. The USAF just didnt use it and dedicated only on AA superiority.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze