Deltrola?

Hazzerboraco

Yes, I know it has been asked before. :music_whistling:

Does the Deltrola unit (or the IFF, for that matter...) function in the P-51D or the TF-51D?

When I was looking around the cockpit, I was able to click on the switches on both these units.

Thanks!:smilewink:

:matrix: :joystick: ....... BOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM ....... :megalol:

Detrola, like IFF and AN/ARA8 radio homing unit, is not implemented in DCS World.

unfortunately

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Would it be possible to implement these functions using a mod?

Actual IFF is not implemented in DCS in general, regardless of aircraft type. IFF in DCS works on an entirely game based level, where the game checks the coalition of the aircraft to return an IFF response. It doesn't matter if the aircraft has it's IFF unit activated or not, or if it even has a IFF unit.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It would be nice to have these simulated, but...

Detrola,

for its proper function you need beacons and they were only placed in the USA in 30-40. There is not that map in DCS W or plan fot it.

IFF

needs radars, alied WWII radars, and they are not on the actual list...

AN/ARA 8

needs ground VHF transmiters (beacons), or B-29 with these. It was used only in Pacific during spring - summer 45. No plans for that area for DCS W, or that equipnent.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

SimpleRadio Standalone.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Detrola,

for its proper function you need beacons and they were only placed in the USA in 30-40. There is not that map in DCS W or plan fot it.

AN/ARA 8

needs ground VHF transmiters (beacons), or B-29 with these. It was used only in Pacific during spring - summer 45. No plans for that area for DCS W, or that equipnent.

Are the systems simulated and just not finding anything than, as they are clickable?

Could a mod that simulated a vhf transmitter work, or detrola beacons?

:matrix: :joystick: ....... BOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM ....... :megalol:

DCS P-51D Flight Manual is saying:

The AN/ARA-8 ... is not operational in DCS P-51D.

The same is for Detrola (and IFF device).

You can "click" on controls of these control boxes, but with no any effect.

I have no idea about modding.

F-15E | F-14A/B