2.5.0.15365 Update is really good !

2.5.0.15365 Update is really good ! Thus far, at least. The FPS performance in Georgia with Deffered Shading and Medium vis range and trees , have really risen. Slight improvement in NTTR.

There is one tiny bit. Songalung runway direction markings are inverted. Runway 14 marking at threshhold of runway 32, and vice versa.

So thank ED team, great job! Keep it coming.

Tried to buy, online, through Nvidia Shop , TigerDirect, PCMall, and Newegg GTX 1060 (Turbo single fan) 6GB base version. Could not do it. Out of stock! Now my new wkstation is also delayed on account of , thats right. You guessed it. GPU shortage. Everybody and their pet cat are cryptomining, and it appears that game boards from Nvidia and AMD have optimized designs for cryptomining. Even the Quadro stockpile got raided. There's a cashcow that neither Nvidia nor AMD saw.

So if you have a good GPU, don't sell it, don't ebay it. Hold on to it as you would your newborn. Don't OC. If it dies, you may spend much more then MSRP getting a replacement.

I'm beginning to believe that the video card cost will never recover and Video games on PC in general will die because nobody can afford $1,200+ for a video card. Multiplayer games will consist of nothing but enthusiasts and early adopters. There will no longer be casual gamers. If this doesn't clear up, why bother, it's a freaking rip off to buy a video card these days.

Yeah! I really like the last Update:thumbup:

And what can I say about GPUs....

I upgraded two years ago and before that I had to wait, I think, 8 years to afford a new PC with the specs I wanted to have.

So I know its frustrating but there will be the time when you can afford a new GPU.

I wanted to have an SSD with 500gb two years ago and hell yeah the price was phenomenal:music_whistling:

kind regards

Bender_39

Being stuck with an aging AMD R9 380 4gb card I know all too well the struggle of the cost of upgrading, I'd be happy with just an nvidia 1070 but no way right now.

lol, quite modest you are :lol: what am I to say with my GTX 560Ti

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Hopefully, proof-of-work based crypto-currencies like Bitcoin will fade in to the ether in favor of superior option such as Stellar, which does not have negative impacts of the mining process. My understanding is that Bitcoin mining alone has already surpassed consumption of 1/500th of the world's electricity.

Such a bad idea, this electricity should be used for important things like lights, heat, transportation, and DCS World.

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

Media is trying to kill PC since 10 years ago.

Still here and with good health

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

... My understanding is that Bitcoin mining alone has already surpassed consumption of 1/500th of the world's electricity.

Such a bad idea, this electricity should be used for important things like lights, heat, transportation, and DCS World.

Some of those guys do use it for heat. But still meh.

Hopefully, proof-of-work based crypto-currencies like Bitcoin will fade in to the ether in favor of superior option such as Stellar, which does not have negative impacts of the mining process. My understanding is that Bitcoin mining alone has already surpassed consumption of 1/500th of the world's electricity.

You realize that Bitcoin is 99.99% mined on ASIC rigs, not GPU's !?

There are a few algorithms that you can currently mine with such ASIC chips, mainly SHA256 ( Bitcoin and others ), Scrypt, Skein ( soon or already ) and a few others.

The ones you actually talk about are anything but the above, anything but Bitcoin.

You are at war with Equihash, Ethereum, Sia, X11, X17, Nist5, Lyra2REv2 , Tribus, Timetravel, Blake2s and alikes, those are your enemies. Those algos mine over a thousand different coins

and they seem to sell, that's how miners get payed, can get payed, there are many many ways.

Again, Bitcoin has gone ASIC years ago, no GPU is used for Bitcoin, unless that guy has no clue what he does :doh:

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

If you want to get the money or just price difference back, you could...

PC Gamers Should Stop Complaining About GPU Prices And Start Mining

Or invest in some of these crypto's and get in on the craze? investing in crypto is not recommended for the faint hearted. I have the money and or Crypto;) to buy 3 1080 Ti's, I'm waiting to see what's around the GPU corner before upgrading the good old 1070.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

If you want to get the money or just price difference back, you could...

PC Gamers Should Stop Complaining About GPU Prices And Start Mining

Or invest in some of these crypto's and get in on the craze? investing in crypto is not recommended for the faint hearted. I have the money and or Crypto;) to buy 3 1080 Ti's, I'm waiting to see what's around the GPU corner before upgrading the good old 1070.

Nice for people with low energy prices, but not for me. I´d be losing money that way.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Crypto miners are looking at setting up shop in Iceland because of the cheap and abundant geothermal electricity.

The government of Iceland is concerned about impacts to their environment and society.

Asus ROG Maximus Hero Z690-E, i9-13900KF, RTX 4090, Trident Z Neo 64Gb (4x16) DDR5 6600 C32, EVO 980 Pro 2Tb M.2 Nvme SSD, HP Reverb G2, VKB Gunfighter Modern Combat Pro, MFG Crosswind pedals, Virpil MongoosT-50 throttle, Corsair 7000D Airflow Case, 1200W Asus Platinum G+ PSU, Win10 Pro 64 bit

Did I imply otherwise?

Indeed, I misunderstood your post..ahhh...

regardless, it would be interesting to know if BTC/ASIC or AltCoin/GPU use more power, globaly.

My bet would be on GPU and AltCoins meanwhile

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

back on topic... :-) any further reports about the update performance?

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I'm beginning to believe that the video card cost will never recover and Video games on PC in general will die because nobody can afford $1,200+ for a video card. Multiplayer games will consist of nothing but enthusiasts and early adopters. There will no longer be casual gamers. If this doesn't clear up, why bother, it's a freaking rip off to buy a video card these days.

I don't think this is true, mining on a GPU that you bought for the specific purpose of mining on will never reach ROI at current rates.

Edit: According to Nicehash's calculator, you can make about $71 USD per month with a 1080ti if your electricity is free. So a $800 (good luck finding at that price) takes almost a year to pay for itself, assuming your share of the global hash pool doesn't decrease, which of course it will.

Edited by Gearbox

back on topic... :-) any further reports about the update performance?

I feel as if the VR head movement from the left to the right across the cockpit instruments, and looking to the outside the cockpit (left and right) feels smoother in this latest update. So kudos to ED for that! :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I feel as if the VR head movement from the left to the right across the cockpit instruments, and looking to the outside the cockpit (left and right) feels smoother in this latest update. So kudos to ED for that! :thumbup:

Thanks. I'm noticing a little bit of an improvement too.:)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

... it would be interesting to know if BTC/ASIC or AltCoin/GPU use more power, globaly.

My bet would be on GPU and AltCoins meanwhile

The important part to me is that its seems obvious that DCS World has a smaller carbon footprint than operating real Su-27, F-15. etc :thumbup:

Not really answering your question, but still, I find this fascinating:

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/12/bitcoins-insane-energy-consumption-explained/

https://digiconomist.net/bitcoin-energy-consumption

Alternatives that do not have the energy consumption issues like Stellar have emerged. Like the keybase.io blog https://keybase.io/blog/keybase-stellar points out, "It's very likely the world is at great risk right now, and as cryptocurrency scales, the share of blame it shoulders for climate change will scale, too. You should fear a backlash. There may be social and legal opposition to any cryptocurrencies which haven't switched away from proof-of-work."

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

Very good read :book: :thumbup:

I was away for three weeks, and went through a rather large update yesterday, and oh boy things have improved! Am I wrong, or the feeling of speed is back? I was flying a mission on Normandy, and all seemed to happen a lot faster, particularly when flying low or diving for bombing.

Funny enough, I was one of the few without any multiplayer loading issues. Now I am experiencing (not always) very long loading times when joining a server..

Nunc est bibendum, nunc pede libero pulsanda tellus