Syrian and Afghan theatre of operations confirmed! - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-12-2018, 06:16 PM   #31
Jester986

Reputation power: 3
Jester986 is a jewel in the roughJester986 is a jewel in the roughJester986 is a jewel in the roughJester986 is a jewel in the roughJester986 is a jewel in the roughJester986 is a jewel in the roughJester986 is a jewel in the rough

I really hope Afghanistan and specifically Helmand province happens. I would love to fly all the CAS mission we begged for and got denied on the ground there...
Jester986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:53 PM   #32
QuiGon
Veteran

Reputation power: 28
QuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of light

Guys, please don't make it political here as it is against forum rules. Maps can be used for various scenarios, defined by the respective mission maker.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 11:53 PM   #33
Bad_Karma-701

Reputation power: 0
Bad_Karma-701 is on a distinguished road

"New theaters in development: Syria, Crimea, and Afghanistan"

The current theaters included in TBS are the Caucasus region, the Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR), and the Strait of Hormuz region.

As we develop additional theaters such as Afghanistan and the Ukraine/Crimea, we continue to update and add to these current theaters (such as the National Training Center).

Other aircraft are in development such as the F-16, F/A-18, and AH-64.
- Quotes from TBS page

Hells yea.. TBS/DCS in 2018-2019 is going to be alot of fun.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:50 AM   #34
ddhenda

Reputation power: 4
ddhenda is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by waow View Post
caucasus, syria, persian gulf and afghanistan
AFAIK, ED has made at least Azerbaijan, Ethiopia and Afghanistan map. There are plenty of videos on tube.
ddhenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 02:21 PM   #35
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 107
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Please keep the discussion on DCS World products, if you are offended or against a certain map for whatever reason, you are allowed not to purchase it. ED strives to give us different environments and areas that will offer more gameplay options for its products, it is not intended to downplay the horrors of war, past or present. So please keep the discussion focused and on topic.

SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 02:34 PM   #36
Holton181

Reputation power: 4
Holton181 is a jewel in the roughHolton181 is a jewel in the roughHolton181 is a jewel in the roughHolton181 is a jewel in the roughHolton181 is a jewel in the roughHolton181 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Please keep the discussion on DCS World products, if you are offended or against a certain map for whatever reason, you are allowed not to purchase it. ED strives to give us different environments and areas that will offer more gameplay options for its products, it is not intended to downplay the horrors of war, past or present. So please keep the discussion focused and on topic.
Fair enough. Sorry.
i7-3820 3.60GHz (OC4.75)
P9X79 Pro
32GB
2xGTX 670 2GB
VG278H + a Dell
PFT Lynx
TrackIR 5
Holton181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 03:16 PM   #37
Fri13

Reputation power: 12
Fri13 is just really niceFri13 is just really niceFri13 is just really niceFri13 is just really niceFri13 is just really niceFri13 is just really niceFri13 is just really niceFri13 is just really niceFri13 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitormouraa View Post
I hope so! Apache was listed on TBS website too, one can dream, right?!
Yes, dream can... But when the TBS is for military / government customers, they have own NDA allowance for classified data. What it means to us, mere mortal customers, we can only dream x-) So what comes to TBS, is not what comes to DCS.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:19 PM   #38
Fri13

Reputation power: 12
Fri13 is just really niceFri13 is just really niceFri13 is just really niceFri13 is just really niceFri13 is just really niceFri13 is just really niceFri13 is just really niceFri13 is just really niceFri13 is just really nice

Afghanistan nice.... But I feel Syria is little "off-limits" for me as it is still going on etc.
Instead Syria I would like to see something in spirit of the Normandy, a Fulda Cap map. Hills, wide open ranges, the NATO's cold war nightmare of incapability to invade CPPP from that route or getting counter-attack from there if attacking somewhere else to CPPP.

After that I would possibly pass every other map ever come... (Damn, bad news for ED).
Old 02-13-2018, 03:23 PM   #39
Vitormouraa

Reputation power: 54
Vitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fri13 View Post
Yes, dream can... But when the TBS is for military / government customers, they have own NDA allowance for classified data. What it means to us, mere mortal customers, we can only dream x-) So what comes to TBS, is not what comes to DCS.
Not entirely true... there were projects that were developed for the TBS and they ended up going to DCS as well afterward. Syria and Afghanistan are two examples. They were on TBS website for a LOOONG time.

SplashOneGaming is a community of viewers, players, and content creators built on combat flight simulation. Flowing through our veins is years of flight simulation experience in a multitude of different platforms. We welcome and encourage all of you to join us, whether you are seasoned or green, looking to learn, teach, or just trying to find someone to fly with.
Discord
Website
Vitormouraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 03:26 PM   #40
jcbak

Reputation power: 9
jcbak is a jewel in the roughjcbak is a jewel in the roughjcbak is a jewel in the roughjcbak is a jewel in the roughjcbak is a jewel in the roughjcbak is a jewel in the roughjcbak is a jewel in the roughjcbak is a jewel in the rough

This news is great but what year should we expect release? 2020?

WIN 10, i7 4790K 4ghz, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Z97 MB, GTX 980ti, Antec 850w PSU, Samsung EVO 850 250GB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, Samsung 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB
jcbak is offline   Reply With Quote