Dear ED! No love for KA-50? - Page 10 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2018, 08:50 PM   #91
msalama
Veteran
 
msalama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,110
Default

Quote:
but in fact.... do they??
Probably not, but I was wrong anyway:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...6&postcount=78
__________________
...aaaand yes, the Huey is still getting some luuurve http://www.belsimtek.com/upload/docs/development-tasks.pdf
msalama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 07:11 AM   #92
soundslikerust
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Poland
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lixma 06 View Post
all those chickens I sacrificed did not die in vain!
ED news has stopped me from doing it
I'm afraid to ask w h e n it will be enchanced
__________________

My shallow comments come from looking through HTC VIVE
intel i5 6600k @4,7Ghz
Geforce 1080Ti Asus Poseidon @2126 mem@12650 @43°C
32GB DDR4 @3200GHz
PSU XFX XTR 650W
ASUS ROG Swift UQHD PG348Q G-sync
Asus z170 pro gaming
Samsung 960 m.2
Samsung EVO SSD
Windows 10 64bit
soundslikerust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 06:12 PM   #93
M1Combat
Member
 
M1Combat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Prescott AZ, US
Posts: 309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundslikerust View Post
ED news has stopped me from doing it
I'm afraid to ask w h e n it will be enchanced
Well... they did say it was submitted as "high priority". So... I'd assume soon.
__________________
Win-10 x64

Nvidia GTX970
MSI Z77 MPower
Core i5-3570K
24GB G-Skill Trident-X

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals
(UCR - mapping throttle and clutch pedals together to form a rudder Axis)
GamesCom/Plantronics 780 USB Headset
M1Combat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:11 PM   #94
mangaroca
Member
 
mangaroca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 333
Default

Two weeks, right?!

Thank you ED for this news!
__________________
"Heatblur: F-14A/B" + "DCS: Persian Gulf Map" = Carrier launched Tomcats roaming over the desert yet again!

Never say never, Baby! 8]
mangaroca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:36 PM   #95
Devrim
Veteran
 
Devrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Turkey
Posts: 3,986
Default

I say two months or more if we're waiting for complete new textures.

If it will be just adding specular and roughmet textures... even two weeks are too much for this, but of course they have other priorities.
__________________
Intel Core i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair Veng. 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI nVidia GTX970 4GB | Samsung 850EVO 256GB SSD (Win7HPx64)
Samsung 27" LS27D590P & Samsung 20" SyncMaster206BW | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | Trustmaster MFD Cougars | Logitech G13 & G230 & G510 & C270 | OpenTrack User

MY MODS | MY CONTROLLER PROFILE
Devrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 02:11 PM   #96
Sh4rk
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 5
Default

The Ka-50 cockpit reflections are bugged and this has to be fixed. The sooner, the better.

I don't expect ED to do anything else other than fixing the textures (maybe not even improving/changing them).

I wouldn't pay for them to improve the textures or model, the ones already in game are enough (as long as they're fixed to work with the new engine).

The Ka50 also has a couple unfinished features, stuff like IFF, sling loading, etc - the non functional cockpit switches. And some stuff the Kas have IRL, but not in DCS.

While I'd like those to be made into functional features, and it being updated would probably help renew interest in the heli and boost sales, I'd still not want to pay for just a "revamped Ka50". Or for add-ons like the Garmin GPS, for that matter.

I would however pay for a Black Shark 3 if it was the Ka-52.

Crossing fingers that the Ka50's textures be fixed soon. In the meantime, I just edited the textures to make the autopilot buttons a bit more visible, that and the K-401 targeting buttons not lighting are the most annoying.
Sh4rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 04:10 PM   #97
Isegrim
Senior Member
 
Isegrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: EDDC
Posts: 2,397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh4rk View Post
The Ka-50 cockpit reflections are bugged and this has to be fixed. The sooner, the better.

I don't expect ED to do anything else other than fixing the textures (maybe not even improving/changing them).

I wouldn't pay for them to improve the textures or model, the ones already in game are enough (as long as they're fixed to work with the new engine).

The Ka50 also has a couple unfinished features, stuff like IFF, sling loading, etc - the non functional cockpit switches. And some stuff the Kas have IRL, but not in DCS.

While I'd like those to be made into functional features, and it being updated would probably help renew interest in the heli and boost sales, I'd still not want to pay for just a "revamped Ka50". Or for add-ons like the Garmin GPS, for that matter.

I would however pay for a Black Shark 3 if it was the Ka-52.

Crossing fingers that the Ka50's textures be fixed soon. In the meantime, I just edited the textures to make the autopilot buttons a bit more visible, that and the K-401 targeting buttons not lighting are the most annoying.

Sorry but there are no features missing in this module. The DCS KA-50 gets 10 years old in October of this Year.

To set you in Picture.. The KA-50 we here fly in DCS World never had those features... because its an specific Airframe which did not have those features.

Like
- A/A Ir Guided missiles
- IFF
- RWR
- MWS

and so on.

The Cockpit textures need an update and some fixing..thats it.

ISE
__________________

New DCS World KA-50 Blackshark and SU-25 Sound?

Bitte immer neue Wattestäbchen benutzen. Nicht nachschieben!
Isegrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:17 PM   #98
annoluce
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 23
Default

As others have pointed out, the problem is the deferred shading.
Once disabled everything is back to the norm, aside that all the shadings for trees and world look terrible. Trees in particular seem plastic maiden, everything just looks Battlezone 80 if you now what I mean.
Hopefully ed will fix this and give us back both the lighting and the deferred shading!
annoluce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:19 PM   #99
NineLine
Community Manager
 
NineLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 21,263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by annoluce View Post
As others have pointed out, the problem is the deferred shading.
Once disabled everything is back to the norm, aside that all the shadings for trees and world look terrible. Trees in particular seem plastic maiden, everything just looks Battlezone 80 if you now what I mean.
Hopefully ed will fix this and give us back both the lighting and the deferred shading!
That is the plan, it just takes time to get everything updated for the new lighting and deferred shading.
__________________
Nick Grey - "I have had the privilege of flying most marks of Spit, the I, V, IX, XIV, XIX and enjoyed working with Eagle to make this simulation of the IX the 'mutt's nuts'."
Artist formerly known as SiThSpAwN
Forum RulesForum Rules Guidelines
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:57 PM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.