Quote:
but in fact.... do they??
Probably not, but I was wrong anyway:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...6&postcount=78
Old 02-10-2018, 07:11 AM   #92
soundslikerust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lixma 06 View Post
all those chickens I sacrificed did not die in vain!
ED news has stopped me from doing it
I'm afraid to ask w h e n it will be enchanced

My shallow comments come from looking through HTC VIVE
intel i5 6600k @4,7Ghz
Geforce 1080Ti Asus Poseidon @2126 mem@12650 @43°C
32GB DDR4 @3200GHz
PSU XFX XTR 650W
ASUS ROG Swift UQHD PG348Q G-sync
Asus z170 pro gaming
Samsung 960 m.2
Samsung EVO SSD
Windows 10 64bit
soundslikerust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 06:12 PM   #93
M1Combat

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundslikerust View Post
ED news has stopped me from doing it
I'm afraid to ask w h e n it will be enchanced
Well... they did say it was submitted as "high priority". So... I'd assume soon.

Nvidia GTX970
MSI Z77 MPower
Core i5-3570K
24GB G-Skill Trident-X

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals
(UCR - mapping throttle and clutch pedals together to form a rudder Axis)
GamesCom/Plantronics 780 USB Headset
M1Combat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:11 PM   #94
mangaroca

Two weeks, right?!

Thank you ED for this news!

Never say never, Baby! 8]
mangaroca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:36 PM   #95
Devrim
Veteran

I say two months or more if we're waiting for complete new textures.

If it will be just adding specular and roughmet textures... even two weeks are too much for this, but of course they have other priorities.

MY MODS | MY CONTROLLER PROFILE
Devrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 02:11 PM   #96
Sh4rk

The Ka-50 cockpit reflections are bugged and this has to be fixed. The sooner, the better.

I don't expect ED to do anything else other than fixing the textures (maybe not even improving/changing them).

I wouldn't pay for them to improve the textures or model, the ones already in game are enough (as long as they're fixed to work with the new engine).

The Ka50 also has a couple unfinished features, stuff like IFF, sling loading, etc - the non functional cockpit switches. And some stuff the Kas have IRL, but not in DCS.

While I'd like those to be made into functional features, and it being updated would probably help renew interest in the heli and boost sales, I'd still not want to pay for just a "revamped Ka50". Or for add-ons like the Garmin GPS, for that matter.

I would however pay for a Black Shark 3 if it was the Ka-52.

Crossing fingers that the Ka50's textures be fixed soon. In the meantime, I just edited the textures to make the autopilot buttons a bit more visible, that and the K-401 targeting buttons not lighting are the most annoying.
Sh4rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 04:10 PM   #97
Isegrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh4rk View Post
The Ka-50 cockpit reflections are bugged and this has to be fixed. The sooner, the better.

I don't expect ED to do anything else other than fixing the textures (maybe not even improving/changing them).

I wouldn't pay for them to improve the textures or model, the ones already in game are enough (as long as they're fixed to work with the new engine).

The Ka50 also has a couple unfinished features, stuff like IFF, sling loading, etc - the non functional cockpit switches. And some stuff the Kas have IRL, but not in DCS.

While I'd like those to be made into functional features, and it being updated would probably help renew interest in the heli and boost sales, I'd still not want to pay for just a "revamped Ka50". Or for add-ons like the Garmin GPS, for that matter.

I would however pay for a Black Shark 3 if it was the Ka-52.

Crossing fingers that the Ka50's textures be fixed soon. In the meantime, I just edited the textures to make the autopilot buttons a bit more visible, that and the K-401 targeting buttons not lighting are the most annoying.

Sorry but there are no features missing in this module. The DCS KA-50 gets 10 years old in October of this Year.

To set you in Picture.. The KA-50 we here fly in DCS World never had those features... because its an specific Airframe which did not have those features.

- A/A Ir Guided missiles
- IFF
- RWR
- MWS

and so on.

The Cockpit textures need an update and some fixing..thats it.

ISE

New DCS World KA-50 Blackshark and SU-25 Sound?

Bitte immer neue Wattestäbchen benutzen. Nicht nachschieben!
Isegrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:17 PM   #98
annoluce

As others have pointed out, the problem is the deferred shading.
Once disabled everything is back to the norm, aside that all the shadings for trees and world look terrible. Trees in particular seem plastic maiden, everything just looks Battlezone 80 if you now what I mean.
Hopefully ed will fix this and give us back both the lighting and the deferred shading!
annoluce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:19 PM   #99
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by annoluce View Post
As others have pointed out, the problem is the deferred shading.
Once disabled everything is back to the norm, aside that all the shadings for trees and world look terrible. Trees in particular seem plastic maiden, everything just looks Battlezone 80 if you now what I mean.
Hopefully ed will fix this and give us back both the lighting and the deferred shading!
That is the plan, it just takes time to get everything updated for the new lighting and deferred shading.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote