[REPORTED] Issues with MW50 usage. - Page 6 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-07-2018, 12:49 PM   #51
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD-MM View Post
From my understanding the Problem with Dora Engine is not only related to MW-50, buried little bit deeper in the complex Engine Cooling from the Jumo.
You can kill your Engine still after short period of MW-50 Flying, when you start to reduce Power...
There was some time (still there not sure) when 109 Oil Temperature goes over the Red Line it will never come Back even when you shut down the Engine.
But what ever is the cause for this, WW2 is currently really Frustration with the unsolved Dora and Spit Problems.
Yeah, engine cooling is getting some refinements done to it that should resolve most issues.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 07:20 AM   #52
Falcoblu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Yeah, engine cooling is getting some refinements done to it that should resolve most issues.
Thanks for the information, we hope to fix the Dora in a short time because as it is currently practically unusable because in addition to the speech of 'MW50 continues to be present also that of the single blow on the left wing that damages the engine...

Falcoblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 09:31 PM   #53
coopes

No offense but how long does this take?? It never used to be like this, but for ages now has been broke.
Again tonight RTB low on fuel have 51 chasing me but cant catch me on MW50. Low and behold engine goes.

Its frustrating when i can jump in a 109 and come on and of MW50 the whole time im in the sortie with no issues!!
Old 03-24-2018, 12:21 AM   #54
NineLine
Community Manager

Cooling system and how it works is being re-written, atleast that is how I understood it. I dont know the timeline.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 03-24-2018, 08:07 AM   #55
Kappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopes View Post
No offense but how long does this take?? It never used to be like this, but for ages now has been broke.
Again tonight RTB low on fuel have 51 chasing me but cant catch me on MW50. Low and behold engine goes.

Its frustrating when i can jump in a 109 and come on and of MW50 the whole time im in the sortie with no issues!!

I don't know, but I'm not having any issues with MW50. Just did a quick check flight: 20° C outside temperature, standard loadout, radiator flaps fully open and off we go. 5:30min at max power and MW50 on in 1000 - 1500m and the engine still working fine. Turned off MW50 flew 3 min without it and engaged it again. No problems so far.

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!

Last edited by Kappi; 03-24-2018 at 08:11 AM.
Kappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 10:16 AM   #56
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon

Try the Max continuous operation times the manual says.

Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6 - GTX 1060 EXOC KFA2 - 16 Gigas RAM 1.600 - 1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55 - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - Track IR 4
Esac_mirmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 05:57 PM   #57
coopes

I ran the tests on MW50 regarding length of time it can be ran for with cooldown period and then repeated.
Fails within a few minutes into the second run.
I have been in dogfights where i have come on and off throttle with MW50 on-off. Been flying home and engine pops at eco 2 all in the green......
Old 03-24-2018, 06:31 PM   #58
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopes View Post
I ran the tests on MW50 regarding length of time it can be ran for with cooldown period and then repeated.
Fails within a few minutes into the second run.
Yup, that is what my testing found as well, and what I reported with sometime ago.
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 04-03-2018, 04:43 PM   #59
NineLine
Community Manager

I am currently testing a fix for this internally, I am hoping we can see this dealt with soon... finally.
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 04-03-2018, 06:10 PM   #60
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon

Nice to hear that.

Thanks.

Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6 - GTX 1060 EXOC KFA2 - 16 Gigas RAM 1.600 - 1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55 - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - Track IR 4
Esac_mirmidon is offline   Reply With Quote