No trim

specialksl

Same behaviour here, but I don't know the systems well enough yet to tell it's a problem or not.

All duplicate mappings removed from joystick trim hat. In cruise flight, moving the hat in any direction does not seem to have any effect, the trim is not moving (visually) on the stick in the cockpit. Using the default assigned keyboard keys does not have any visible effect either.

That was tested in training missions 2 and 3, today's update (DCS 2.5.2.17978.385)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

I'm also having this issue. Running the Warthog stick. Trim isn't working.

Additionally, I'm having some other strange behavior with the aircraft. Elevons getting stuck at high angles of deflection, and performance issues with engines, brakes, and airbrake.

Everything just seems sluggish. Touched down earlier and holding W the aircraft didn't stop. She slowed down, but she never stopped. Airbrake doesn't seem to have much impact either; approx. 1kt/sec deceleration flying straight and level, engines at idle.

Thinking I may have a corrupt install.

I thought it wasn't working but it is. As others have commented, it's subtle and very easily adjustable in small increments. MUCH easier and nicer to use than the trim on Russian FC3 aircraft.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Yep, I'm seeing that it takes a bit of holding it down. But in singeplayer, it wasn't working at all. As well as those other issues I mentioned. I'll have to look, maybe I had Game mode enabled?

Anyways, multiplayer vs singleplayer is night and day difference in performance and handling of the aircraft.

Yea I notice the same thing in the basic controls training. Either it takes forever to trim or I'm not noticing it since it's so slow to have an effect. I have not tried multiplayer yet.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I'm also having this issue. Running the Warthog stick. Trim isn't working.

Additionally, I'm having some other strange behavior with the aircraft. Elevons getting stuck at high angles of deflection, and performance issues with engines, brakes, and airbrake.

Everything just seems sluggish. Touched down earlier and holding W the aircraft didn't stop. She slowed down, but she never stopped. Airbrake doesn't seem to have much impact either; approx. 1kt/sec deceleration flying straight and level, engines at idle.

Thinking I may have a corrupt install.

I'm having the exact same problems. Elevators are stuck in a high position and I can't get any decent power.

I usually run in game flight mode and sim avionics. I tried it both ways and I don't play multiplayer. I leave the carrier at about 140 knots, I see videos of others exiting the carrier at about 190 knots. I also noticed that I don't go into afterburner on launch, is that normal?

I checked my axis for my pitch and everything looks fine.

Edited by Vandal71

I tried to land on the carrier but due to the super slow trim response I wasn't able to maintain any AoA and smacked tight into the back like 2 feet below the deck.

Need to check all my bindings but they all seem clear and set correctly. I'm just surprised that the trim seems to barely move unless you hold the trim button but even then it takes long and can't correct quickly enough.

I remember the mirage acted like this after the flight model update but that's a whole different jet and it wasn't as slow at trimming.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Yes, this will confuse some at first. This provides much finer trim control.

This is how every module should be.

But I had one instance of non-working trim as well, after landing, re-TO-trimming and taking off again, I couldn't push the stab to neg values anymore and trim was stuck. But I also "played" around with the wing fold, so it may have been triggered by that. If I can reproduce it, I'll come back with a track.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I actually played the module for the first time after I read this thread. So I was expecting a slow trim.. And it was monster slow trim.. It is so slow that it cannot be really like that. I think there is a real issue here and people are experiencing different trim speeds based on their system configuration, specifically their FPS. I am guessing that the trim system does not have a linear behavior w.r.t. FPS and getting slower as FPS dips down (in cities etc).

I just noticed the trim speed varies depending on the airspeed. Must be a FCS feature.

Also, I reckoned that trim does not work on the ground when flaps are set to auto. I tried to do that after FCS BIT, but before setting flaps back down. No trim. As soon as I lowered the flaps to either half or full, it worked again.

As I took off in my last test with auto flaps, but wings folded (I love to try such things), I guess it's due to auto flaps. Next time I'll try that with normal wings and also folded wings with flaps at half or auto dealwithit.png

So much fun just trying out everything twilightsmile.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I have gotten LWD/RWD trim to work. It is really slow, but works.

BUT last restart I did, I held trim LWD or RWD down for up to a minute and NOTHING happened.

What’s the prequisites for trim hat to be active? Are we missing something?

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

Trim is very slow (as it should to be). Make sure you hold trim hat long enough.

Yep, that got me as well initially. Thanks for confirming that it is not an issue on our end. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I was noticing that trim was fully functional, and slow like everyone including Wags has mentioned here.

However, I've noticed that in the controls indicator (rCtrl+Enter), the FCS Page and the actual stick itself, do not present a visual indication as to where your trim is set currently.

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

I´ve mapped the trim in the hat swicht hotas warthog. When I´m in the cockpit and show the controls window (Ctrl+Enter) I don´t see working the trim. My joy is ok and other planes work perfect. Do you know any solution? Am I doing some wrong?.

Thanks. I like this plane.

Same here...I have the trim correctly binded to my warthog but I cant see any stick movement when using it nor the trim button in the stick. However, at low speed, it seems to have some effect, though VERY LITTLE, that little theat its pretty much useless imho...its hard to believe for me that trim behaves in such a "slight" way in a plane with such an strong changes in flight dynamics where you would need a lot of fast and snapy trim so not sure this is working properly. At high speed it doesnt seem to have any effect at all. I guess at high speed the effect of the trim must be more subtle due to the dangerous situation it could potentially create but in my few hours of flight I havent been able to make it work at anything over 300knt aprox...As we are pretty much all newy with the hornet, maybe we are missing some systems that prevents us from using the trim??

Take a look at my MODS here

• ED Team
Same here...I have the trim correctly binded to my warthog but I cant see any stick movement when using it nor the trim button in the stick. ... As we are pretty much all newy with the hornet, maybe we are missing some systems that prevents us from using the trim??

The first thing is that stick normally do not move when triming. The second, why do you need a lot of trim? The plane will fly straight if stick is neutral. Primarily, trim is needed at landing when it is rather fast. Such slow changes in flight make it possible to adjust trimmed G precisely.

Edited by cofcorpse