DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Wow, thanks dude! After trying everything to get my overlay back I read your post and went on to delete all SRS registry files. Uninstalled and installed again and... ... ... it works again :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Reinstalled a dozen times, no help. see post above.

In some cases it seems to need the reg entries to be deleted all the way !?

I have 3 versions of DCS installed and SRS installed on 2 ( stable and beta, but not alpha ) but only deinstalled on stable, so I had to manually delte the scripts from beta folder...still that did not fix the overlay.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Weird, only UHF is working for me (A10C, SR 1.1.4.0) - is this a known problem?

(I admit, I haven't read the previous 43 pages music_whistling.gif)

Only UHF shows a frequency (like 251MHz) and changes to gray when transmitting, the other two show 0MHz and don't go grey, only green...?

Only UHF shows a frequency (like 251MHz) and changes to gray when transmitting, the other two show 0MHz and don't go grey, only green...?

In which aircraft?

A-10C UHF is powered by DC power, while the two VHFs require AC power. That would be me first thing to check.

Hello, I have a problem, impossible to update the radio frequencies when I change them in cockpit :cry:

I verified files .lua, to launch in admin but nothing works. It always stay at 1.000 AM G or VHF ...

Thx in advance

Edited by terence44

Hi ciribob,

maybe I'm doing something wrong or there are some settings not right but I can't get it to work that I hear people without transmitting on my own once in a while. When I'm done setting everything up (aircraft, radios, sr) I don't hear any transmission even though I'm on the right frequency. I then have to transmit myself (just press ptt once) to receive transmission e.g. hear other players speaking. If this would occur only once it wouldn't be a problem. But sometimes during a flight on blueflag I notice that I haven't heard GCI or any other player for a while. After pressing PTT I receive transmissions again, most of the time even almost immediately because someone is transmitting at that moment.

I don't know whats wrong here but I happened so often to me that I'm sure to say that it is not my imagination (could be just radio silence). I can't be a coincidence that the moment I press PTT I hear transmissions again.

Could there be some wrong settings? Closed ports anything? I love SR but this drives me mad.

*edit: Sorry, I saw this was reported before :(

The same happened to me on Blue flag yesterday. Didn't hear anything in sr so I switched to ts to get gci guidance which can be quite frustrating when the servers are full. After transmitting something on sr I could hear the radio again

Hello, I have a problem, impossible to update the radio frequencies when I change them in cockpit :cry:

I verified files .lua, to launch in admin but nothing works. He leave me of native on 1,000 AM G or VHF ...

Thx in advance

In which plane is this?

The same happened to me on Blue flag yesterday. Didn't hear anything in sr so I switched to ts to get gci guidance which can be quite frustrating when the servers are full. After transmitting something on sr I could hear the radio again

Already reported, will post a fix tonight. For now, just tap the PTT every now and then.... :)

I'll also have a fix for the crazy sized or lost Overlay windows. There will also be a reset window button in the settings section as well incase you make the opacity too low and lose it! :D

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

lost Overlay windows

Had that, too, 5 Minutes ago, thought it was my Oculus :(

Fixed it by clicking its Tab button to activate it, then with Right Mouse Button while holding SHIFT to bring up the menu, then "Move", then pressed an arrow key on the keyboard and voila, it was back. :thumbup:

New Release - Version v1.1.5.0

LUA files have changed again so make sure to manually update them or use the installer to install / update.

Change Log:

• Fixed Maximise Overlay
  • Fixed Overlay Aspect Ratio
  • Fixed Ping function to keep open audio channel
  • Added Overlay Window Reset button under Settings
  • Added Logging for other plugins Export.lua's Errors
  • Clears keys on Uninstall
  • Fixed Hawk VHF Radio
  • Added Guard to Hawk VHF Radio
  • Added Guard to Hawk UHF Radio

If you ever lose the overlay and can't see if after pressing toggle a few times, go into Settings in the Client and then press the Radio Overlay Reset button. That'll put it to a default position and size.

The bug where the radio also stops receiving if you don't transmit in a while should be fixed but please let me know if its not!

For the server host, you need to open UDP and TCP ports 5010 and 5002.

Banned IPs are added to a file created where ever the server is run called banned.txt. To unban, just delete the IP from the file and restart the server.

Make sure if you install manually to copy the DCS-SRSGameGUI.lua file as well as the DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua to the scripts folder or it wont work.

Please let me know if you have any issues! :)

DOWNLOAD HERE - Unzip all files and Run the Installer: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

Manual Install Procedure

Copy DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua from the zip to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts - Create the folder if it doesnt exist

Copy DCS-SRSGameGUI from the zip to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

Add to the END of the Export.lua file in C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts:

local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

If Export.lua doesn't exist, just create the file and add the single line to it.

Copy the rest of the zip files where ever you like and then run, don't forget to keep opus.dll with the rest of the .exes

Server Hosting Instructions

Run SR-Server.exe (no need to run installer or add scripts!) and make sure UDP and TCP ports 5010 and 5002 are open. It does NOT need to be on a PC running DCS.

As always - Please let me know if you have issues so I can help solve them! :)

Finally - I need your help!

If you'd like to help with this project, please help me fill in this sheet of radio info! It'll also help correct any mistakes I've made with the Radios.

LINK: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tzd996zJ1t0heZ-t1PpL7vNUIZbXl7pI6De0GThN1Qw/edit#gid=1869108790

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Already reported, will post a fix tonight. For now, just tap the PTT every now and then.... :)

I'll also have a fix for the crazy sized or lost Overlay windows. There will also be a reset window button in the settings section as well incase you make the opacity too low and lose it! :D

Wow nice, good job :) Thanks ciribob!

Feature Request:

* Something like server bookmarks, so that I don't have to change(/enter) the IP manually when playing on several DCS servers (and therefore different SR servers) but could choose from a managed set (e.g. "Name" -> "IP").

* Or (even better, if programmatically possible) maybe something like a managed set "DCS servers" -> "SR servers" and auto-connect to a specific SR-server when DCS joins a game server?

What do you think?

Great job, btw!

Or just program the limit to 99% opacity... ;)

Also could we get an "attach to border" feature so the overlay will "snap" to the screen border please? :)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Something i noticed. At the lowest volume level of the volume knobs/sliders, the volume is still clearly audible. My expectation would be that 0 is inaudible, 100 is at the max volume of Windows audio mixer setting. The effect of this is that I cannot turn down one of the channels to a quiet level. As to which aircraft this effects I didn't test them all. Is this known about or explained, please? :)

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

+1 for bookmarks, I use my own server and Blue Flags and switch between and BF's is currently a an immemorable IP address. Will help world domination later.

Feature Request:

* Something like server bookmarks, so that I don't have to change(/enter) the IP manually when playing on several DCS servers (and therefore different SR servers) but could choose from a managed set (e.g. "Name" -> "IP").

* Or (even better, if programmatically possible) maybe something like a managed set "DCS servers" -> "SR servers" and auto-connect to a specific SR-server when DCS joins a game server?

What do you think?

Great job, btw!

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

The way I'd like to see the server bookmark feature implemented is a button that says 'servers' that opens a list window with an 'add new server' button that just asks for a server name and IP and has a 'save' button.

On the list each server should have the ability to edit that entry, an option to delete one or multiple servers in the list, and an option for auto connecting to a server, and an indicator to show if the server is up (by pinging it, and color coding the response, red being offline, yellow being high ping, and green being low ping.)

by the way, does DCS export what server you are connecting to?

If so, there should be an option to auto connect to a simple radio server on the same IP as the DCS mutliplayer server. that would sure make things simpler and more universally adopted!

Can you send me your client logs? If i can find out what your device identifies as I can possibly add it again but it will require careful testing so I don't break the X52/X55s

Here you go... The device which is not recognized (or rather recognized and not added) by SRS would be this one:

88888888-0000-0000-0000-504944564944 Instance: fdc7b200-e21d-11e5-8003-444553540000 Frogfoot

clientlog.txt

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Something i noticed. At the lowest volume level of the volume knobs/sliders, the volume is still clearly audible. My expectation would be that 0 is inaudible, 100 is at the max volume of Windows audio mixer setting. The effect of this is that I cannot turn down one of the channels to a quiet level. As to which aircraft this effects I didn't test them all. Is this known about or explained, please? :)

Not what the general experience is but I certainly find the comm volume in SRS too low when compared to windows/TS. Someone who sounds perfectly clear in TS becomes quite ain't and sometimes hard to hear in SRS. So it does mean turning down volumes to separate different radios is undesirable. It does also appear that the radio volume adjustment is quite limited as you say.

Perhaps a general boost in voume across the board would help? I'd expect max volume in cockpit to be very loud and not be necessary in most cases.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL