Why Christen Eagle II?

Dolphin887

But they have plenty of place in Wags' DCS ... so you can live in your non-civ world as many of us will; that side will develop anyway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Don't like it?

Then guess what? Don't buy it!

I personally had no interest in this a/c before announcement - and if I'm honest it's not a day one buy. I'd only buy this a/c if it was in a sale or I suddenly developed a penchant for simulating aerobatic display flying.

Doesn't mean I get my undies in a knot.

What some fail to grasp is this is probably being used by magnitude as a stepping stone development to test systems and phsyics they are unfamiliar with (being a prop a/c).

As a modern day, high performance aircraft it likely has a comprehsively documented flight envelope, allowing them to benchmark the perfomance of their flight model calculations against solid data and thusly understand the intepretation of the core physics engine required to make the plane react as it should.

Therefore this can be considered as a developmental process to further refinement of the Corsair - which I WILL buy, day one - and any further piston propellor a/c.

And if people want to buy it, then why should Magnitude shoot themslves in the foot and deny it to customers? Since when does any intelligent business person not try to offset some cost of their development? "Oh we can't make money from that because someone might not want it..."

Riiiight.

As for the argument this is Digital Combat Simulator?

Please.

It's a goddamn name. If the market you're invested in branches out and you don't adapt then prepare to stagnate as a business. The name is inconsequential.

Edited by DD_Fenrir
  • Like 3

Everything that is Aoeronauticaly and Technically Challenging is interessting. Even Aerotowing with a Pzl 137 Wilga and two sailplanes or as an other example Amphibian Planes like the PBY Catalina.

There is no reason to not integrate such things into DCS.

• Like 1

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

Everything that is Aoeronauticaly and Technically Challenging is interessting. Even Aerotowing with a Pzl 137 Wilga and two sailplanes or as an other example Amphibian Planes like the PBY Catalina.

There is no reason to not integrate such things into DCS.

Catalina would be awesome. :D

"Wait and see" is usually a good strategy. Saves a lot of time, energy and aggravation.

Literally this. This is the best approach. I did this with the Harrier and I adore it. It never hurts to wait.

I'm still on the fence with the Eagle II. I'd like it, but frankly? Hornet and Tomcat take priority. Phantom will take priority. It'd be something I get as a curiosity later on day the road,

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

• 3 weeks later...
Literally this. This is the best approach. I did this with the Harrier and I adore it. It never hurts to wait.

I'm still on the fence with the Eagle II. I'd like it, but frankly? Hornet and Tomcat take priority. Phantom will take priority. It'd be something I get as a curiosity later on day the road,

Me too. It might be good, it might be crap. But hey when it’s on sale or it’s cheap enough to buy off the bat, I’ll prob have have.

I just hope that all the current 3rd parties don’t make this genre a priority over military aircraft that they’re so well known for. I hope with these new projects DCS actually bring in more 3rd parties that maybe are more inclined towards those kind of projects as well as mil. It’ll make DCS a fuller, well rounded and more exceptional sim for more people to enjoy.

ED just needs to sort out that ATC! Amongst other things. Lol

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Me too. It might be good, it might be crap. But hey when it’s on sale or it’s cheap enough to buy off the bat, I’ll prob have have.

I just hope that all the current 3rd parties don’t make this genre a priority over military aircraft that they’re so well known for. I hope with these new projects DCS actually bring in more 3rd parties that maybe are more inclined towards those kind of projects as well as mil. It’ll make DCS a fuller, well rounded and more exceptional sim for more people to enjoy.

ED just needs to sort out that ATC! Amongst other things. Lol

It really shouldn't. DCS' scope is simply too small to make for an effective civilian sim as is the case with X-Plane and FSX. One civvie release that's obviously aimed at recouping a little funding back from the effort they put into what's literally a testbed probably won't herald an influx of 737s and A330s.

That said, it'd be nice if someone were to make a pack of civvie aircraft to serve as NPCs and traffic.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I like the CE2. Having flown Pitts IRL, I think DCS is the best simulator to simulate gyroscopic maneuvers, tumble rolls etc (provided the FM is up to par).

So I will definitely buy it, as long as the MiG-21 starts to get some proper progress.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

• 2 months later...

Not happy with this choice. Especially given developers came from something like the Mig21. This choice is a complete surprise. Why they chose such a Niche within an already Niche community coming from a Big iconic seller like the Mig21 is beyond me. If this is a mere by product of an official contract ( Like the Yak 52) thats a different story, but im sure this would have been clarfied if it was the actual case,

IF any Piston aircraft I would have expected a Zeke or a Corsair ( which they had wanted to go for)

Just not into in pure civilian aircraft, but there are plenty other sims that are dedicated for civilian aircraft.

Sure as a user Im in not in not in an actual position to tell developers what choose to develop but I can still protest with my wallet, as they won't be seeing a purchase on this module from me.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

From Mig-21 down to this...

IKR?

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 2 weeks later...

The global flight simulators market is expected to reach USD 5.62 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc.

Further key findings from the report suggest:

- The FFS product segment accounted for over 90% of the overall revenue in 2015 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 4% from 2016 to 2024. This growth is owing to features that provide motion, sound, visuals, and all other aircraft operations that create a realistic flight training environment.

- The demand in civil application segment is primarily due to the rising air traffic coupled with the growing emphasis on the passenger as well as pilot safety. Governments in several countries have enforced strict regulations regarding the use and significance of simulation training.

- The services segment is anticipated to grow at a CAGR exceeding 3.0% over the forecast period. This is primarily attributed to the rise in number of simulator installation by international airways.

- Europe accounted for more than 30% of the overall market share in 2015 and is expected to exhibit a modest growth over the next eight years on account of the elevating enforcement of regulations pertaining to pilot training and passenger safety.

- The Asia Pacific flight simulators market is estimated to exhibit a substantial growth over the forecast period in light of the growing aviation industry, resulting in the increasing demand for flight simulators. The Middle East & Africa is also projected to showcase a substantial demand of over 4%, which is primarily be attributed to the presence of carriers including Emirates, Etihad Airways, and Qatar that are investing heavily in this industry.

- Prominent industry players include CAE, Boeing, L-3 Link Simulation & Training, Lockheed Martin, Rockwell Collins, Thales and SaaB. Industry participants emphasize on joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions in order to acquire greater financial, technical, marketing, manufacturing and distribution expertise.

I think it's a beautiful plane, but I'd like it, something like that.

dreaming is free...:D:pilotfly:

scan0003.jpg.w560h384.jpg

avtweet1.jpg

6460.jpg

Grupo Aeronaval Embarcado Virtual

http://www.gaev.com.ar

Mis compras.

-A-10C Warthog -UH-1H Huey -P-51D Mustang -Combined Arms -Black Shark 2-Mi-8MTV2-Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3-F-86F Sabre-MiG-15bis-Spitfire LF Mk. IX-MiG-21bis by Magnitude 3 LLC-Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst-Fw 190 D–9-Black Shark (1ºv) -LockOn: Modern Air Combat -LockOn: Flaming Cliffs 2. DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Pre-Pruchase

But if you had to choose between the Christen Eagle II and the Westland Wyvern, would you really pick the 2nd option? Think about it...

Are you kidding? If the Westland Wyvern was modeled as well or better than other DCS World aircraft, I would take it in a heartbeat over a Christen Eagle II. I have FSX, FSX:SE, FSW, P3D, XP8, XP11, and Aerofly FS2 for civil flying. But I don't really fly any of those very much, because I prefer flying combat aircraft in a combat environment. I specifically fly DCS World to get the most realistic experience possible in combat aircraft on combat missions. If I preferred to fly unarmed aerobatic biplanes, I wouldn't be playing DCS World very much.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Christen Eagle II !!!

Yesss! This is gonna be a huge leap forward in simulated aerobatics!

Really looking forward to this cute little agile bird! :thumbup:

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

I honestly am glad the Eagle is so far along and this close to release. Not because I will be buying it-- I won't be-- but because once it's released, those resources will be free to develop an aircraft that, IMHO, actually matters in DCS.

I'm certain I'm not the first, nor will I be the last to say that there is a massive list of aircraft that could be/have been developed in the Eagle's place; UH/SH-60 Blackhawk/Seahawk, F-111 Aardvark, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-100 Super Sabre, Tornado, a whole list of WWII aircraft (I'm not interested in the WWII birds, but they at least still have a place in DCS)...

Or even military trainers; Beechcraft T-6 Texan II, T-38 Talon, T-45 Goshawk, T-34 Mentor, or Magnitude may have picked up Razbam's old T-2 Buckeye. And this list goes on and on and on and on...

I wasn't happy they went with the Eagle as a choice of aircraft, and I'm still not. But since there's no longer any hope of it not being developed at all, the best I can hope for is that its development is finished asap, so more deserving aircraft can be brought in.

I honestly am glad the Eagle is so far along and this close to release. Not because I will be buying it-- I won't be-- but because once it's released, those resources will be free to develop an aircraft that, IMHO, actually matters in DCS.

I'm certain I'm not the first, nor will I be the last to say that there is a massive list of aircraft that could be/have been developed in the Eagle's place; UH/SH-60 Blackhawk/Seahawk, F-111 Aardvark, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-100 Super Sabre, Tornado, a whole list of WWII aircraft (I'm not interested in the WWII birds, but they at least still have a place in DCS)...

Or even military trainers; Beechcraft T-6 Texan II, T-38 Talon, T-45 Goshawk, T-34 Mentor, or Magnitude may have picked up Razbam's old T-2 Buckeye. And this list goes on and on and on and on...

I wasn't happy they went with the Eagle as a choice of aircraft, and I'm still not. But since there's no longer any hope of it not being developed at all, the best I can hope for is that its development is finished asap, so more deserving aircraft can be brought in.

Except of course the Christen Eagle II was developed not only with DCS World in mind, but is probably bringing in much needed resources to allow the other airframes to be developed. Buying it will just increase the resources available to the developers which equals more development time available which equals more modules available sooner.

Do try to keep up, and while you're at it, try to see the bigger picture here.