Fuel Enrichment Button

Rudel_chw

Hello,

I've made a Mission set in winter on a very cold day, and was updating my Procedures to include those for a cold start, when I realized that the Enrichment Button (Pulsador de Enriquecimiento) is included on the 3D model of the Throttle, but isn't mentioned on the User's Manual and doesn't work:

68aq8em.jpg

If it isnt simulated yet, could you add it as a keyboard shortcut? (and of course, get its input taken into account on the system's modeling) ... or, is it coming with the AFM update?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks for the reply, will wait for the AFM, hopefully it's release is getting near :)

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 1 year later...
Its functionality is included in the AFM code, but doesn't have an input yet. Will probably be added.

Hello,

I was trying out the Engine Flame-out Procedures and have just realized that you added this Enrichment button that I talked about on the first post .. thank you for this addition ... I know most users will probably never use it, but I actually do appreciate it :)

On the Sim it is called "Fuel Enrichment":

npyIC11.jpg

... and so I've also realized that the Title of this Thread is wrong, as this is actually a Fuel Mixture Enrichment control ... nothing to do with ignition .. can you please edit the Title so that a proper search would find this thread?

I also loved the little touch, which by now seems to be almost an Aviodev trademark: the button is animated! :D .. didnt expect that for a seldom used button :)

dwu2XI7.jpg

So, thanks again to the whole team for the attention to detail.

Cheers,

Eduardo

I've changed the thread tittle to the real name which is Fuel Enrichment Button. In fact mixture fuel-air is a specific term used in piston engines.

:thumbup: .. Now, I will have to update my Hotas profile to include this button :)

We've just connected fuel enrichment button from Flight Model to systems. In other words, added functionality of fuel enrichment button. It will be available in a future update.

Now it will be easier to perform an air start for example, or starting the engine at very low temperatures.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

We've just connected fuel enrichment button from Flight Model to systems. In other words, added functionality of fuel enrichment button. It will be available in a future update.

:thumbup: .. the Flight Manual of the C101EB says that the Fuel Enrichment Button (FEB) only works if the Engine Computar is operative .. when implementing this, could you please add the Engine Computer to the list of Failures?

It would not only be a concern when using the FEB, but would also allow more variety when suffering engine flameouts, as the emergency procedures differ if the Computer is operable or not :)

Cheers!

Eduardo

Added engine computer failure (manual mode).

We already had engine computer total failure (back-up).

Will be available in next update.

Thanks a lot ..- today I realized that the CC version did have the engine computer failure, I hadn't noticed it because I was using the EB version on my practice flights :)

I did a trial flight and couldn’t save the situation when this failure striked, so I had to force land the plane:

dEiw1Oq.jpg

:(

What's simulated in the C-101CC is the total computer failure, that means you'll have to use the Emergency Fuel System (back-up).

What happens in this failure is that throttle is not controlling engine power anymore, or not reliable. To provide fuel to the engine to be able to continue to the nearest suitable airport, you'll have to press the emergency fuel switch to energize the system, and place the emergency fuel lever in the required fuel flow.

Before setting the emergency fuel switch to ON, place the emergency fuel lever to the nearest indicated fuel flow.

To return to manual mode from back-up mode you have to place the emergency fuel lever in 125 lb/hr

What I have added now is Engine Computer Failure (manual mode). The engine is normally controlled in AUTO mode, with computer korry ON. When pressing the computer korry the computer enters manual mode, this simulates the failure of the engine computer, which is different from back-up mode, since in back-up mode the fuel flow is controlled by the emergency fuel lever (power lever will not be used).

In manual mode, you have to be careful not to exceed engine limits since engine protections are lost, though the computer is partially operative and therefore it still provides overspeed protection.

In manual mode (after computer failure), an amber warning COMPUTER will appear in the failures panel and the computer korry will not illuminate yellow (like it happens when pressing the korry to test the system in normal operation).

It's also important to note that when starting the engine in manual mode, the starter must be disconnected manually at 50% N2, pressing the abort start switch.

A full description of the system cannot be done in a few words, but these are the main considerations to take into account.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

What's simulated in the C-101CC is the total computer failure, that means you'll have to use the Emergency Fuel System (back-up)

A full description of the system cannot be done in a few words, but these are the main considerations to take into account.

And of course, this is very important, during manual mode the engine throttle must be operated smoothly (avoid rapid power changes).

Hello,

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation, as the Flight Manual has no information on this system, tough I found in Chuck's Guide the location of the Emergency Switch and manual fuel lever, as well as a Table with flow at different lever positions that may be useful.

Up to now, I was using the emergency procedures of the Flight Manual of the real C-101EB, but on this aspect it seems the CC is quite different, so I will experiment a bit using your instructions and then try come up with a procedure draft :)

Now that the CC is out of service with Chile's Air Force, I intend to write to the FACH's Public Relations Dept. to see if there is any chance that they might sell me a photocopy of the CC Pilot's Manual, tough I dont hold my expectations too high, as they are quite closed with anything resembling tech info :D

I enjoy learning not only the normal flight procedures, but also the emergency ones .. they seem so fit for a training aircraft. I was using the EB version rather than the CC because it gave the little plane a few more exciting things to do than just learn navigation :) .. but most of the Emergency Procedure seem fit for both variants, only this Computer thingy seems more different.

Best regards,

Eduardo

... What I have added now is Engine Computer Failure (manual mode). ...

In manual mode, you have to be careful not to exceed engine limits since engine protections are lost, though the computer is partially operative and therefore it still provides overspeed protection.

In manual mode (after computer failure), an amber warning COMPUTER will appear in the failures panel and the computer korry will not illuminate yellow (like it happens when pressing the korry to test the system in normal operation).

And of course, this is very important, during manual mode the engine throttle must be operated smoothly (avoid rapid power changes).

Hi,

I've been trying to handle this emergency, but I seem unable to get the engine to produce more than 40% rpm without getting an engine Fire .. so I cant mantain altitude, and crash if too far from an airbase :(

XE9Ov02.jpg

Any advice for attaining at least 60% power when in manual mode? :)

Cheers.