[FIXED] Strange flgiht behavior

Eroxz564

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here, even clean wing. Anyone any idea why? I will say i am a little disappointed with the state of the early access F-16, the F-18 was a lot more finished on initial release. I like ED and their products but the F-16 has been released IMHO a little to early.

How much longer, Ops? The engine’s overheating and so am I. We either stand down or blow up. Which do you want?

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

The F-16 should pretty much be "in trim" all the time, for now (until X-EA goes to EA)I would use the manual trim to get her to fly straight, though I don't have this issue..

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

I have this same problem except it's a slight roll to the right. I am left handed though (fly normally though, stick in right hand, so not sure if this makes a difference). I have the warthog flight stick but I'm going to try adding a small deadzone to clear this up when I'm able to get on later. If anyone could test this in the meantime I would really appreciate it.

Completely clean jet with full fuel correct? Mine doesn't roll at all.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Anyone else got the problem, aircraft wants to turn a litle left all the time ?

Yep me too, i havent done much testing with a clean jet, but its there when im loaded with 4 aim120s, 2 sidewinders and 2 fuel bags. Always rolling to the left and trim is too sensitive to counter the roll.

I know its not my stick, since i dont have issues with other modules

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

Yep me too, i havent done much testing with a clean jet, but its there when im loaded with 4 aim120s, 2 sidewinders and 2 fuel bags. Always rolling to the left and trim is too sensitive to counter the roll.

I know its not my stick, since i dont have issues with other modules

I have the same problem!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

Any chance this could be a weird crosswind bug like we had with the Hornet a while back?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Does it still happen if you have a small deadzone on the rudder?

Proud owner of:

• ED Team

Hey everyone,

Please test with a clean aircraft or at least 100% symetrical payload (no TCTS pod o one wingtip and a CATM-9 on the other).

With a clean aircraft, we cannot reproduce this. So, it may be a particuar store drag issue.

Thanks

Edited by Wags

Same here, even clean wing. Anyone any idea why? I will say i am a little disappointed with the state of the early access F-16, the F-18 was a lot more finished on initial release. I like ED and their products but the F-16 has been released IMHO a little to early.

I noticed this happened to me when I changed the x/y axis for my rudder. It might have something to do with curves/axis.

Just a guess though.

Hey everyone,

Please test with a clean aircraft or at least 100% symetrical payload (no TCTS pod o one wingtip and a CATM-9 on the other).

With a clean aircraft, we cannot reproduce this. So, it may be a particuar store drag issue.

Thanks

Just did a quick test on the cauc map with hot start from parked jets. Had one f16 totally clean with 100% fuel and all the pylons that could be removed taken off. Took off and had no unwanted roll, all was good. Next jet I had loaded with stores but symmetrically(no TGP), 100% fuel. It did have a bit of unwanted left roll after take off, very subtle but it was there. It was 120c's on the tips, 9x's inboard, ter rack with 2 mk82's, and fuel bags. I had another jet loaded with GBUs and the tgp, so assymetrical(I was gonna try to get it trimmed but I guess that's another issue), but I didn't even test that one after the symmetrically loaded jet exhibited the left roll. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.