2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

The gin depot for British SAS field operations

Seriously, the conical structure is just the launcher unit with two missiles on each side with a center ring for missiles aiming movement and part of the search-adquisition-targeting system inside the conical house.

BsnKvYE5_WU

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

He's implying that the C.A. Price was increased higher than what it ever was, showing charts of it being $19.99.

The Price was not increased past the original Release Prices, Which is my point.

Whether we call it a reset, increase or removal of discounts doesn't matter,

When the meaning of his posts was to prove/imply that ED Doubled the price of the module higher than it ever was, which is not true.

As for the Earth Being flat, it's perspective, to a single person walking down a street, it appears flat. to a person in orbit in the ISS, it appears round.

uh, actually I never claimed the price had increased to a price it had never previously seen, only that for the last few years its max price has been $20 non-discounted, and therefore contrary to what you were saying, the price had increased.

It's a bad look for a mod to lie to save face.

Would like to see:

Panavia Tornado

Panther AS565

English Electric Lightning.

The gin depot for British SAS field operations

Seriously, the conical structure is just the launcher unit with two missiles on each side with a center ring for missiles aiming movement and part of the search-adquisition-targeting system inside the conical house.

BsnKvYE5_WU

Oh it makes sense now. Initially, it didn't seem to be a radar to me :D

The search radar is in a separated van, the missile launcher, as far as i known has the missile guide and targeting radar. But i dont known to much about the Rapier.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Here is a photo I got of an RAF Reg rapier setup at RAF Lossiemouth back in 2016, Like the rest I'm not sure what is what, which version the rapier in CA will be or what this one was..

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=8098&g2_serialNumber=1

Edit: Here's a full size

Edited by kam

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

Agree.

The Rapier looks so good and the modern versions are quite capable for short Range defense. The tracked one is very interesting

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Its not used by Iran.

The point i think is populate the Persian Gulf map with historical Assets.

It's used, actually, it did a pretty good job during the Iran-Iraq war, even it took down tu22, unlike the sea-cat. And it's probably still in service.

p-17.txt.jpeg

It's used, actually, it did a pretty good job during the Iran-Iraq war, even it took down tu22, unlike the sea-cat. And it's probably still in service.

Tiger Cat launcher

Ms3sV.jpg

7wTBF.jpg

The Sea Cat was only for naval vessels.

156.jpg

The Rapier has not the "necessary" missile envelopment to shut down a Tu-22 at high altitude, the Tu-22 claims on the iran-irak wars was maked by Tomcats and Hawks. Tiger cats and rapiers has only low altitude CLOS and radio link subsonic missile and SACLOS supersonic missile systems respectively.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Atooy, i mean the tracked Rapier versión is not usted by Iran, only the towed one, as far as i know

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Tracked Rapier was build initially to the Shah regimen, but the fell from power in 1978, tracked rapier get stuck, The British army purchase them as a the mobile SAM to the BAOR British forces on the central front, and was used on the desert storm war, before remplace by Stormed vehicles with Starstreak.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapier_(missile)

The good part of the Tracked Rapied has take only 30 second to start fire, meanwhile the towed rapied require 15 minutes to unlimber, cable-up and align, before make ready to fire.

• 4 weeks later...

It could be possible to have some hotfix update, taking the fact thas night lighting has been addressed. It is impossible to play night missions now, please ED, could you make this possible? In beta branch, of course.

It could be possible to have some hotfix update, taking the fact thas night lighting has been addressed. It is impossible to play night missions now, please ED, could you make this possible? In beta branch, of course.
What is the issue with night lighting? Haven't really played 2.5 at night. Don't have my IFR rating. :)

After reading the Weekend news today, I am left somewhat....OK, really confused. It says that load times, memory leaks, and performance issues.

OK....That all sounds good but since it's release, it has been noted that loading time is actually longer for many, myself included than before the update. Not only is it longer, but after the hotfix all 3D objects are gone in Nevada. I'm not complaining about either issue but am confused as to why it's news that these things have been addressed when it has been established that there are more problems with them. It's kind of like saying that it was successful after the flaw.

Nothing personal here ED. Just strikes me as funny.