[ASAP] Fix the flight model

Bukkwild

Seems you guys are pretty far off on the actual speed of the viper(falcon) by a lot.

From Wikipedia:

Performance

Maximum speed: 795 kn (915 mph, 1,472 km/h) (Mach 1.2) at sea level

1,147 kn (1,320 mph; 2,124 km/h) (Mach 2.0), clean configuration at altitude

they reference the source material on the website.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Dynamics_F-16_Fighting_Falcon#Specifications_(F-16C_Block_50)

I feel this is needed ASAP especially since you are releasing an update that will add more drag to an already underpowered flight model.

Intel I9-9900KF @5.1GHZ , RTX 2070, 64GB 4000 , 6 total TB SSD's. Su33,Mig29,A10A/C,F15C,F14B,AV8B,Mi8,KA50,M2000C,AJS37, F16CM :joystick:

Wikipedia is not a valid reference for any flight model.

Seems you guys are pretty far off on the actual speed of the viper(falcon) by a lot.

From Wikipedia:

Performance

Maximum speed: 795 kn (915 mph, 1,472 km/h) (Mach 1.2) at sea level

1,147 kn (1,320 mph; 2,124 km/h) (Mach 2.0), clean configuration at altitude

they reference the source material on the website.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Dynamics_F-16_Fighting_Falcon#Specifications_(F-16C_Block_50)

I feel this is needed ASAP especially since you are releasing an update that will add more drag to an already underpowered flight model.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The speed at sea level, clear no weapons or tanks is only about 625 in full burner, that is off.

The Wikipedia isn't the end of the research just the beginning, the page references its sources, which I recommend you do, before you comment.

Edited by Bukkwild
added more

Intel I9-9900KF @5.1GHZ , RTX 2070, 64GB 4000 , 6 total TB SSD's. Su33,Mig29,A10A/C,F15C,F14B,AV8B,Mi8,KA50,M2000C,AJS37, F16CM :joystick:

well, you can explain more if you like, because I have no idea what EA is supposed to mean. you may have over 2k posts but I just started posting and haven't read the entire forums.

a little less smart alec and a little more actual answers and it might feel like a community instead of a bunch of people trying to tell me I am stupid or something like it.

here for your reference

Frawley, Gerard. The International Directory of Military Aircraft. Manly NSW, Australia: Aerospace Publications Pty Ltd, 2002. ISBN 1-875671-55-2.

page 114

well, you can explain more if you like, because I have no idea what EA is supposed to mean. you may have over 2k posts but I just started posting and haven't read the entire forums.

a little less smart alec and a little more actual answers and it might feel like a community instead of a bunch of people trying to tell me I am stupid or something like it.

EA means early access....

Being new to a forum I would suggest the search option... Chances are it has been posted before.. People do get snarky because its starting to be the same questions over and over again, its common forum etiquette across the internet.

I was making a suggestion for the next patch, not complaining about it. I understand its not done, but I would like to see that part adressed.

and I am new to forums becuase the internet is snarky and wants everyone to read the entire forum. I posted in the proper place, a proper post. idc if johnny player is mad about it. I want to make sure its on top of the pile.

Well since you are new here, let me help you some... They are going to fix this module in the order they see fit. I am sure that they will take complaints/suggestions from the peanut gallery into consideration. That said, they have posted that the FM is a WIP and that it will be addressed. Asking to have it fixed in the next update that has already been built and features have been listed is not going to happen... Could be wrong, doubt it though...

Yep it is in the proper place. Its been asked about several times now and ED has addressed it. People get snarky because we see the same posts over and over. Perhaps asked slightly different, but the general question is there though.

I get having it on top of the pile but others will have different priorities. At the end of the day though ED is going to build it in a way that they see fit. I am cool with that. We have a Viper in a modern flight simulator and for the most part in its current state its pretty bad ass. EA is just that. We all know that means things are going to change over the next few years with this thing..

• ED Team

Hi all

Flight model fine tuning is being done by the team, I can not give a time frame at the moment. We may see many tweaks and adjustments during the early access

Before this thread spirals off topic I will close.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2