Export NS 430 view to secondary screen

dahlgren

Is it possible to export the NS 430 view to a secondary screen, similarly to how you do in the A-10C and KA-50 using LEFT_MFCD and RIGHT_MFCD?

yes, it would be great to have the NS430 on a second screen.

I was disappointed seeing the small size of the NS430 as it appears on the front panel (of the Mi-8MTV2).

It’s way too small to be operated safely.

Just press SHIFT-ALT-B to create a 2D screen. You can drag this around and put it on a secondary screen. If you press the top left corner you can resize the 2D panel to whatever you are comfortable with.

Maybe i am blind, but how do i move that 2D Panel, there is no frame around it. You can see them in the Videos that are already Posted. I do not get it.

Solved: when i use three screens, the Frame is NOT visible. When changed to single screen, moving and resizing is possible.

Edited by raccoon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Excellent, it helps a lot to always have it in the corner of the screen, and it's interactive and all.

I'm not able to drag it out to the second screen however. Also as mentioned earlier the frame is missing if the game is configured for several screens. There are some strange things going on with the side mirrors and lighting in the heli when active (working fine in the navigator's view though). This is still early access so no big deal with a few glitches and missing features, looking forward to see this module develop out of beta!

Ok got it working, using a tablet which fits perfect for the gps. Had it setup on the top right side

of my primary screen which was the reason I couldn't see it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 3930K @ 4.7Ghz | 980ti | 32gb Ram | Windows 10 64 bit | 840 Pro SSD

Thrustmaster Warthog | VKB Gunfighter Pro | Slaw Device RX Viper | Acer Predator X34

• 1 year later...
Ok got it working, using a tablet which fits perfect for the gps. Had it setup on the top right side

of my primary screen which was the reason I couldn't see it.

How do you export to a tablet? I was hoping to use the 340 on my Samsung Android tablet... Is that possible, you think? TYVMIA

• 5 weeks later...

@TAnker737

getting it to work on a tablet would be really cool (and useful) … waiting to learn how to do this :)

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 5820K, 32GB DDR4, 3x250GB SSD RAID0, nVidia GTX 1080, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, Virpil WarBird base with Thrustmaster Warthog grip, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals - 2484.

@cotoi. I have been flying with this for a year now. Quite easy to implement if you are somewhat familiar with dcs bios. Note that I also figured out how to directly export the NS430 display through DCS .lua config files since I made this video last year. So no need for ultramon. It works now just out of the box when I launch dcs.

How to export ns430 display here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223851

Edited by BaD CrC

• 6 months later...

Tomorrow I will publish a guide to use the DCS NS 430 on a secondary display. Especially recommended to use with a tablet or a large mobile. You can change the size of the GPS on the secondary screen to taste and obeys the clickable screen.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw this tip on another forum. I am using 4 screens and was frustrated because I couldn't see the NS430.

Use ALT-Enter. This will reduce the screen and you will see the NS430 on the lower right. Then you can drag it into your main screen. Press Alt-Enter again to go back to your regular screens then you can place it where ever you like.

• Like 1