WW2 Planes

Hey everybody, This is a question for Eagle Dynamics and the other 3rd parties building WW2 planes (and other assets).

I remember hearing from Wags, a long time ago, that WW2 modules were (relative to 4th gen fighter jets) reasonably easy and faster to make for ED and the other 3rd parties, and could be good modules for you guys and girls because they can be done quick and earn money for you faster then the long lead time of the more complicated jets. I got the impression that they could be completed in a year or so compared to the multi year projects like the Hornet or Tomcat.

If that was correct, is it still correct? priorities can change, and with bug fixes being more urgent for example, and the huge updates we've seen to the base DCS World sim, I know things can change.

I know that there are a few announced WW2 planes in the works (I'm really looking forward to the Mosquito) but they seem to be taking longer to be released then I expected, I'd hoped they were so easy and profitable so we could see more of them and you guys and girls would be keen to make more as well.

I'd also love an update on they're progress if there's anything that can be shared.

Keep up the great work, I really love flying in DCS and whether I'm being milsim like or a complete bonehead barnstormer I'm constantly appreciative of your hard work.

This is something I've been wondering for some time as well. DCS WWII needs a boost. The Hornet gets constant updates constantly, but there's only crickets on the WWII side of the line. I get the impression that the WWII team is dismally small, what with content getting worked on or bug fixes, but seemingly rarely both at once. Currently we are getting small bug fixes to the Anton (though frankly I think it released rather smoothly, compared to other past modules), but we haven't gotten any ordinance. I'm not saying they don't work hard enough, but I frequently wonder if either the WWII team doesn't have enough hands, or they're being prioritized on other not-so-WWII projects, or one massive project, both of which still sounds like not enough manpower to me.

Nine said something about it in the ED Discord, but I can't recall his answer in detail. But iirc, expanding isn't that feasible currently.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Very interesting considerations of you both.

I wonder this too, for example there are no WWII AI German bombers,

Normandy stutters, and what about the P-47, the Corsair and the me-262?

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

WW2 team size is adequate to $ income.

I assume that whole ww2 make maby only 1% of the income from f-18.

This explain pace of applying fixes etc etc.

For example spitfire sun glare bug is present for very long time, this is proof that spit makes less then 1% of f-18's income.

When fix for f-18 takes for exmple 2 weeks than fix for spit takes 100 times longer, easy

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

For third parties the difficulties in developing a decent FM for a high performance piston engine tail dragger should not be underestimated. Even without complex avionics, making a DCS level WW2 fighter seems not to be as easy as originally thought.

The F4U was sort of announced in 2015 and at this time Leatherneck believed that they could finish it within one year. They had just completed the MiG-21, thus were not without experience. Later they considered it necessary to develop the Christen Eagle, originally just as a studying project to learn how to code such planes properly in DCS.

The VEAO P-40 looked almost finished for years, at least to people who could fly it at events, but never made it to release.

Whilst I’d love to have more WW2 aircraft, I have to say that I’d rather ED finish some of their modules, resolve multicrew, Vulkan, combined arms for VR, damage model and fix the multitude of other issues.

For all that, would be great if some of the 3rd party developers stepped up their WW2 module creation.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Whilst I’d love to have more WW2 aircraft, I have to say that I’d rather ED finish some of their modules, resolve multicrew, Vulkan, combined arms for VR, damage model and fix the multitude of other issues.

For all that, would be great if some of the 3rd party developers stepped up their WW2 module creation.

So much this, especially your last point. Need to see more third parties on WWII. It's why I held VEAO high until the end, when they took their Spitfire and P-40 with them...

I'm hoping A2A will join ED

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Absolutely. I fully agree.

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

So much this, especially your last point. Need to see more third parties on WWII. It's why I held VEAO high until the end, when they took their Spitfire and P-40 with them...

I'm hoping A2A will join ED

I saw A2A short clip where some dudes were talking about A2A's p-51, one of dude called as A2A developer nicked as yo-yo, Is it the same guy as yo-yo from ED forum??

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I saw A2A short clip where some dudes were talking about A2A's p-51, one of dude called as A2A developer nicked as yo-yo, Is it the same guy as yo-yo from ED forum??
Not sure, but there's this.

https://www.facebook.com/441639040340/posts/10162010833675341/