Nellis ILS station

williehayesjr

To answer the question. If it is implemented, it should be 109.1 This assumes it's actually in the game and ED didn't use a random number. However, Tholozor is correct in that all you have is a TACAN for land based approaches in the Hornet. Attached is the ILS into KLSV.

902863006_ILSNellis.thumb.png.d34a37af3d645df373208958f980881b.png

Cheers,

Thump

It does in fact have one in game and it is 109.1, but as others mentioned the hornet can not tune to it.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

This adds ICLS to Nellis as well as a number of other fields in NTTR.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303095/

I have tried this mod but had a hard time inputting the frequency.

The ILS data entry in the Hornet would not take those frequency like 109.1

How do one put this frequencies please?

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I have tried this mod but had a hard time inputting the frequency.

The ILS data entry in the Hornet would not take those frequency like 109.1

Reading the Text Documents in such Mods often solves this kind of questions ;)

Nellis AFB

ICLS Runway 21L Channel 1

You don't, the Nevada ICLS mod adds ICLS and/or additional TACAN stations to the Airports i.e. it simulates that US Marines have setup a AN/TPN-30B or similar radar.

"Caucasus and NTTR Beacons.txt" that is included with the ICLS mod lists Nellis as using ICLS Channel 1.

Nellis AFB

ICLS Runway 21L Channel 1

The mod does not give the the Hornet ILS capabilities/frequencies, ICLS uses a coded microwave beam @ 15GHz and uses discrete channels i.e. 1-20.

Edited by Ramsay
It's the AN/TPN-30B that has TACAN azimuth (older version just had DME)

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

You don't, the Nevada ICLS mod adds ICLS and/or additional TACAN stations to the Airports i.e. it simulates that US Marines have setup a AN/TPN-30A or similar radar.

"Caucasus and NTTR Beacons.txt" that is included with the ICLS mod lists Nellis as using ICLS Channel 1.

The mod does not give the the Hornet ILS capabilities/frequencies, ICLS uses a coded microwave beam @ 15GHz and uses discrete channels i.e. 1-20.

yeah i know... i dont wrote anything like this. you don´t have to input the ILS Frequency instead just select the ICLS Channel that the 'Mod assigns to the Airfield.

And that there is a Text File within the Mod where you can see the ICLS Channels.

yeah i know...

NP, my reply was to the quoted Eaglewings post.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

MavericKRK and Ramsay, thanks a lot for the help.

I would be looking that up and trying frequencies assigned to airfiled.

Cheers

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset