Kommandogerät 40, what is it and how do you use it?

MobiSev

How do you use it in the mission editor with friendly flak? Do you just plop it near them, or do you have to link them somehow? Also, what benefit does it provide (allows tactical commander to see enemy planes on the map, makes aaa more accurate, etc.)?

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

Hi, The KdO 40 is a fire director/radar range finder. It gives accurate data to a battery of 88s, and greatly increases their effectiveness. I made a template of 4, 6, and 8 gun batteries with a KdO in the center... works very well. Also to see the range benefit, place an 88 on the map alone, and look at the detection and firing range circles in the f10 map, then add a Kdo near it, it is a substantial increase. also it is only certain 88s that are able to be used with it, I believe it is 88-36 and/ or 88-38, it will tell which ones will work with it in the encyclopedia.

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, The KdO 40 is a fire director/radar range finder. It gives accurate data to a battery of 88s, and greatly increases their effectiveness. I made a template of 4, 6, and 8 gun batteries with a KdO in the center... works very well. Also to see the range benefit, place an 88 on the map alone, and look at the detection and firing range circles in the f10 map, then add a Kdo near it, it is a substantial increase. also it is only certain 88s that are able to be used with it, I believe it is 88-36 and/ or 88-38, it will tell which ones will work with it in the encyclopedia.

Hi, could be possible to share these template? There are so few materials for WWII around....

Thx.

Hi, I will try to, I am at work ATM, I have never tried to copy a template file, so it might take a few mins to find it when I get home later.

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just a FYI, the Kommandogerät 40 uses only optics. No radar is involved.

Saying "it gives accurate data to a battery" is like saying, your hand on the steering wheel of a car informs the car of where you want to drive.

The KdoGt-40 had an aiming computer between it and the guns of an AAA battery, which controlled their aim.

I'm guessing, if ED ever fully implements the KdoGt-40 as a player-usable vehicle, all you will basically do is point at and hold on an aircraft formation and give the order to fire, maybe guess-timate altitude and course changes, because like convoys constantly changing course 10-15 degrees, bomber formations were to change altitude by 1-2 hundred feet and course 5 - 15° every 30 seconds or so.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1