DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

hi, is it possible to have the overlay and/or client on a seperate machine?

if not can you implement such a feature?

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

+1 for the show hide

Also I observed that in Gazelle the FM radio volume shows as UHF volume in overlay and VHF volume is inverted. Not sure if it wasn't reported yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

The Simple Radio Standalone is a great product but I hope Ciribob’s development priority will be the radio features and not so much on the overlay. What we really need that will make the overlay go away is for ED to add fully working radios in all manned units, including JTAC and whatever infantry team that is added. So create wish list for fully operational radios in all units other than ask for overlay features.

The google document table should be corrected, that in the A-10C and A the UHF is Radio 2 and AM is radio 1, and not vice versa.

Fixed. Will check the rest tonight or let me know if you spot any other issues

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Thank you I will install and test with the cockpit you linked. Yesterday I made all the stuff work and was very satified.. I have a small question still ? The Radio above the pilots head which from what I can see has the exact same options as the navigators radio so am I'm right to say it is the same radio that can be controlled from both seats ? Also the radio selector can be found there. I look forward to learn more tricks ;) I hope for some KA-50 lessons soon :smartass:

Thanks guys !

Tello, first you need to get the updated Mi-8 English cockpit as it has a fix for the ingame radio not displaying the correct frequency. http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2840400&postcount=435

Second, you needed to tune your radio by pressing the AGC (automatic gain control) button after selecting the channel. Simply selecting the channel doesn't change the frequency. See slide 10: http://www.slideshare.net/Strut1/229th-ahb-mi8-ka50-radio-systems-47959450

I tried to, but I think you were too tired at the time. I'm just happy you landed that troop transport at Vody. ;)

Pretty sure this rounding error is an error with the cockpit, and not your program. See my first point to Tello above.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you I will install and test with the cockpit you linked. Yesterday I made all the stuff work and was very satified.. I have a small question still ? The Radio above the pilots head which from what I can see has the exact same options as the navigators radio so am I'm right to say it is the same radio that can be controlled from both seats ? Also the radio selector can be found there. I look forward to learn more tricks ;) I hope for some KA-50 lessons soon :smartass:

Thanks guys !

Yes that one above the pilot head works the same as the one above the co-pilot in the Mi-8 :)

I would bind two hotkeys to that, one for turning it clockwise and the other for counterclockwise so you can quickly switch radios. You can use the same hotkeys as SimpleRadio, they won't interfere

• Like 1

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Ciribob simple radio is awesome, thanks a lot! I'm trying to push it to be used all the time in BF server!!

Question: you already answer this but what is the functionality of the PPT modifier Key ?

Simpleradio working with the F-5E.

Ciribob has the code for the new LUA.

Thanks Tarres!!! I'll do a release later tonight but just in the middle of testing a new protocol.

Fixes for gazelle will be included as well :)

New Release - Version v1.1.3.0

LUA files have changed again so make sure to manually update them or use the installer.

New UDP Voice protocol so all servers and clients must have the latest version to hear each other.

Change Log:

• Removed Multicast
  • Switched to Broadcast (less spammy on network)
  • Fixed Gazelle - Radio is on/off managed in lua
  • Added Gazelle Guard for UHF - Set UHF to G
  • Fixed Gazelle Volume Knobs
  • Added F5E - Thanks Tarres! :)
  • Two Opus voice packets are now sent with every UDP packet - Should help with multiple speakers
  • Added Audio Boost slider to boost Speaker Volume

For the server host, you need to open UDP and TCP ports 5010 and 5002.

Banned IPs are added to a file created where ever the server is run called banned.txt. To unban, just delete the IP from the file and restart the server.

Make sure if you install manually to copy the DCS-SRSGameGUI.lua file as well as the DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua to the scripts folder or it wont work.

Please let me know if you have any issues! :)

DOWNLOAD HERE - Unzip all files and Run the Installer: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

Manual Install Procedure

Copy DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua from the zip to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts - Create the folder if it doesnt exist

Copy DCS-SRSGameGUI from the zip to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

Add to the END of the Export.lua file in C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts:

local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

If Export.lua doesn't exist, just create the file and add the single line to it.

Copy the rest of the zip files where ever you like and then run, don't forget to keep opus.dll with the rest of the .exes

f5e.thumb.JPG.a153a939a0928d5a2fba1a8031be3f3c.JPG

Ciribob simple radio is awesome, thanks a lot! I'm trying to push it to be used all the time in BF server!!

Question: you already answer this but what is the functionality of the PPT modifier Key ?

It just means you have to press two buttons to make the PTT work, like a shift key. Same goes for the rest of the modifiers :)

Small wish: In newest version when I join slot as CA all freqs are set to 1.000.

Now I have to tune all the way 251 etc. np, but if I have a disconnect / crash for any reason, I have to redo it. Could freqs be remembered between sessions?

I know just a small thing, but for me as GCI those few secs could save virtual lives or take them :D

edit: Disregard me, SR Team is faster. This apparently works already fine as long as DCS doesn't crash. After normal DCS restart without restarting SR Radio&overlay all freqs were kept.

Edited by ApoNOOB

I am having problem connecting to the BS server, for the last 24-hours or so. It was working fine before. And yes, I upgraded to 1.1.3.0 and was using it successfully already. But now I just cannot connect. When I click on the "Connect" button, it goes gray for few seconds and then in comes back, not connected.

I thought maybe it was the firewall so tried to disable it, but the result was the same.

Attached is the client log and also Wireshark packet capture (it was captured with "host 89.163.173.82" filter). Can anyone help?

Thanks

Bolek

clientlog.txt

DCS-SRS.zip

Edited by bolek

I am having problem connecting to the BS server, for the last 24-hours or so. It was working fine before. And yes, I upgraded to 1.1.3.0 and was using it successfully already. But now I just cannot connect. When I click on the "Connect" button, it goes gray for few seconds and then in comes back, not connected.

I thought maybe it was the firewall so tried to disable it, but the result was the same.

Attached is the client log and also Wireshark packet capture (it was captured with "host 89.163.173.82" filter). Can anyone help?

Thanks

Bolek

I just updated as well and the same thing is happening to me. I can't connect on Blue Flag.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

Is there a secret to getting radios working in UH-1H? Updated everything, fired up Nevade map and selected Huey's...overlay indicated "Unknown".

Closed everything out. Fired up A-10Cs and everything worked as advertised. Puzzling.

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Is there a secret to getting radios working in UH-1H? Updated everything, fired up Nevade map and selected Huey's...overlay indicated "Unknown".

Closed everything out. Fired up A-10Cs and everything worked as advertised. Puzzling.

Sierra

Remember to change the the radio set on bottom left, it is a big round dial with some numbers 1,2,3 on it to correct radio. I always forget this.

Midnite Signature.jpg

552334314_MidniteSignature.jpg.7c1678ea5639bd6d044b092eb97c300e.jpg

Sierra

No problems here.

But I ´ve had a similar problem with an app that exports the CDU, MFDs and radios to my iPad.

Unfortunately I was unable to solve it, so when I use the app, if I change the plane from the A10C to another plane I´ve to close DCS, close the App and start DCS again to avoid problems with the data export.

"Unknown" in the GUI is a problem with the data export LUA(99%).

Great program! But it works for me only in local server 127.0.0.1.

When i try to connect with 89.163.173.82 (blueflag) or 37.59.10.136 (TAW) my "Connect" button is changing for "connecting" but then it comes back to "Connect".

Also in simpleradio clientlog there is an information "12:50:28 Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.ClientSync error connecting to server

12:50:28 Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.ClientSync Disconnecting from server"

Even when i turn off my Firewall there is nothing i can do to work it out. Any advice?

Edit: Also new blueflag address isn't working 5.189.162.17

Edited by czesiu84
P.S.

Finally managed to do some proper MP testing last night using the F-5E.

We had some weird effect with received comms which sounded like an issue with the network connection rather than radio interference/degradation. All participants heard the same thing, kind of like a juddering you'd expect with a low quality digital signal. Anyone had similar and/or know a solution.

Otherwise very impressive so far, very much looking forward to the additional features coming along.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Hi Ciribob,

could it be possible that players who connect to a radio server fly in different mission server?

E.g. Player A,B,C, and D connect to 37.59.10.136, A and B fly in mission server 1, C and D fly in server 2.

Can A and B communicate with each other ?

Can A and C communicate with each other ?

Regards,

Rgls

I7-6700K OC 4.9G, 896G SSD, 32G RAM @ 2400MHz, NH-D15 cooling system,TM Hotas Warthog,Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals,TrackIr 5, BOSE M2