Su-25T Discussion

Thats some insane piloting on the vid linked on page 2! Made me want to go kill some stuff in the frogfoot.

I dont know how he fired those vikhrs like that though. I know about ripple fire, you hold down the trigger and multiple missiles release. However, theyre to close in succession I dont have time to slew the shkval to a different target after the first impact. And a quick press of the trigger fires one and it's another 10 sec or so until I can fire another.

IMO, the SU-25T excels at battlefield air interdiction and SEAD (forward looking sensor for linear fights, fast speed, fantasmagoria, etc.

The A-10 is the king of CAS, and CSAR with its slower speed for visual spotting and nasty GAU-8 which is great for danger close, rounds-down-quick attacks. Im a fan of its fast turn and roll rate as well.

Never use the autopilot. Once you used, the plane becomes uneasy to fly even after you disable the autopilot(Alt+9) or disable all trim( left ctrl+T). It might be a bug since the day one I flight it.

It's not a bug, the Su25T autopilot works by trimming the aircraft that's why you might feel it becomes hard to control, because it doesn't reset the trim when it's disengaged.

If you disengage autopilot while it was performing any maneuver the aircraft will keep turning in whatever direction it was going, you have two options, reset trim or engage Level Flight (Alt+3) and wait before the aircraft has stabilized before disengaging autopilot.