Help a newb out with updates

GR00VYJERRY

I am currently on version 2.5.5.41371. Is this the current version? Does this game update automatically? How do i access the newest open beta? When i go to steam and click on betas I see some that are 1.5 and oen that is 2.5.5 last 2.5.5. Then i see one more that says openbeta-public beta versions. I am not sure what I should be on for most recent.

thanks

I am currently on version 2.5.5.41371. Is this the current version?

It is the current "stable/release" version.

Does this game update automatically?

Yes, though Steam updates may be a couple of hours behind Standalone.

How do i access the newest open beta? When i go to steam and click on betas I see some that are 1.5 and oen that is 2.5.5 last 2.5.5. Then i see one more that says openbeta-public beta versions. I am not sure what I should be on for most recent.

• "Open Beta" (openbeta - Public beta versions) is the most up to date (new lighting, latest updates, etc.).

Due to a number of issues, 2.5.6.x hasn't moved to the release branch.

• The last Open Beta 2.5.5 is best for playing (most) SP campaigns as 2.5.6's AI is still having issues.

OTOH Open Beta (2.5.6) has many module updates/fixes but still has some performance issues in large MP missions and for VR users.

Detail/Comment

I run Open Beta (2.5.6) and it's been ok for my smaller SP/MP missions, however it's broken many older/more complicated missions and I've broken off playing SP campaigns until the AI issues are fixed or the code base is moved to stable.

The usual sequence is for the latest modules/changes to go to Open Beta for testing and then move to "stable/release" one or two weeks later, unfortunately that hasn't happen with 2.5.6 due to a number of different issues.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080