[RESOLVED]Nighttime visibility excessive (15nm white dots no labels)

Hawkeye_UK

• ED Team

Reported, it looks like any light source reflecting on vehicles.

edit: thanks I think I have enough info now, the two track replays show it well, and the video.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Excellent @bignewy thank you for addressing - please can you keep the thread updated from the dev guys on how progress goes.

As i said the new environment looks amazing and is a credit to ED, i'm sure this is something and nothing regarding the tweak required yet the effect for gameplay is huge.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

• ED Team
Excellent @bignewy thank you for addressing - please can you keep the thread updated from the dev guys on how progress goes.

As i said the new environment looks amazing and is a credit to ED, i'm sure this is something and nothing regarding the tweak required yet the effect for gameplay is huge.

I will try and keep you updated when my report gets addressed ( I am trying to manage many threads and reports :) ), of course if it is a bug and it gets fixed it will be in the change logs.

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
This is the nastiest bug I have seen regarding night flying that takes away night time tactics because of there is no where to hide of flank unseen...!

yep

solution is to set date so that there is no moon

otherwise youll be playing with wallhack basically.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

I can see complete formations over 30nm in moonlight. I can discern what is a samsite since I see the shapes. In VR it's worse due to some sort of scaling on dots they use. A screenshot looks much worse, the dots are magnified at least 4 times because I can count the pixels in VR and against a black background I get at least 4 pixels of bright white which in VR is also quite smeary and for soem reason magnified by the technology used.

The only way to describe this is "wallhack" above, its a good desription!

Non moonlit nights are very very dark due to lack of ambient lighting and again.. the way the lighting is handled. So this does break night flying completely. Not slightly... it makes it really unfun, certainly you couldnt do any serious multiplayer. Its a shame.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

+1

I have two night missions on the server (moonlight enabled) and the second an enemy plane takes off you spot him from 100+ km away! And that white dot doesn't change in size at all. No matter how far or close the bandit is. In fact, once the bandit's within 1-1.5 km or closer, the dot disappears and you can only hope he kicks his afterburner.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • ED Team

I have asked the team this morning about the issue, I can not promise a time line yet but I am pushing it, thank you

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

its fixed with todays OB!

thanks BN

night missions are back on the menu, boys :joystick:

:) good to hear

Before the fix there used to be white dots at night and black dots in daytime. And as we know both colours were visible from afar.

After the fix it seems like the black dots are now used for nighttime (so obviously we can't see them -> problem solved) and the white dots are now used for daytime. And now we have the same problem but this time around it's in daytime showing white dots from afar.

Here's an image showing 4 contacts at a distance of 40 km, despite fog, clouds and hazy weather conditions. Note that the image's quality is not as good as the in-game footage. Zoom in to see the dots if needed. Labels are off.

rQnbEt4.png

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• ED Team
Before the fix there used to be white dots at night and black dots in daytime. And as we know both colours were visible from afar.

After the fix it seems like the black dots are now used for nighttime (so obviously we can't see them -> problem solved) and the white dots are now used for daytime. And now we have the same problem but this time around it's in daytime showing white dots from afar.

Here's an image showing 4 contacts at a distance of 40 km, despite fog, clouds and hazy weather conditions. Note that the image's quality is not as good as the in-game footage. Zoom in to see the dots if needed. Labels are off.

rQnbEt4.png

Thanks I have reported this day time white dots, it is currently under review by the team.

This really needs sorting , utterly game breaking. Both air AND ground units are white dots now during the day following the 'fix' to the night issue. Might as well have labels on!!!

This really needs an urgent hotfix and deeply concerning that this made it through into OB, disappointing that now 2 weeks later that it has not been resolved!

This is the exact opposite of the problem of the night time moonlight issue showing units as white dots which went from February to November without a fix, (except that in MP PVP we took out the moonlight on the server as a work around). Now we cannot fly daytime missions without units being spotted 30 miles away, as i said game breaking for the likes of DDCS that has player created slung units and a full ground war with Tac Commanders.

How this is making it through ED's internal testing let alone closed beta testing. It's fair to say we need more testers that have more experience or equally have the time to test as its painful and utterly obvious on loading up any mission! This issue, especially given the original post on the night issue should have been corrected prior to release as part of the internal testing, unless it was slipped in at the end without the internal closed release?

Big Newy what is the plan, 8 days on what is the dev's conclusion? Needs to be urgent fix on this rather than a 8 month period as it will affect nearly every MP PvP server.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Completely agree with Hawkeye above.

This spotting issue has ruined the WW2 scene which is where I spend most of my time.

I took part in an airfield raid on a server last night and despite being on the deck, where you would think you would be relatively safe until close to the target, we were bounced as 9 of us were glowing like Christmas trees just begging to be shot.

Please fix this ASAP as it ruins how you can approach a dogfight!

Also, you lose all send of distance of contacts and many of us have been calling out bandits, only to realise they are a gun emplacement miles and miles away...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• ED Team

Day time white dots are reported, I have tested a tweak which should hopefully be in the next open beta patch.

I will close this thread as the night time white dots have been fixed.

thanks

• Like 1