EasternBaltic Theater

DmitriKozlowsky

• 4 weeks later...

+1

Supercarrier | Flaming Cliffs 3 | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen| MIG-21Bis | L-39 Albatros | Yak-52 | Spitfire LF MK IX | Mig-15Bis | Mig-19P Farmer | P-51D Mustang | F/A-18 | F-14 | F-5E Tiger II | C-101 Aviojet | I-16 | UH-1H Huey | Mil MI-8tv2 | Sa 342M Gazelle | Combined Arms | NS-430 Navigation System | NEVADA | Persian Gulf | Normandy1944 | World war II assets pack | Black Shark 2 | F-5E Agressors ACM campaign |F-5E Agressors BFM Campaign | L-39 Albatros Kursant Campaign | DCS:Syria

• 3 weeks later...

Would love that one too.

Posted another proposal for a south west Baltic here earlier:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=239656

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

• 1 month later...

I would love a Cold War map with enough water for carrier ops. F-14, F/A-18, Viggen, plus Redfor aircraft, hells yeah!

What about the zoomies, though? Does this map have a suitable base for Vipers and Hogs?

• Like 2

+1 would love a Baltic map.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 1 month later...

I also think that would be a fantastic map from so many perspectives. However, it is also a very busy area in terms of built up areas and there are a huge amount of very unique landmarks in that area. If they can find a way to make it work - it would be great. I would buy it.

• Like 1

Even though I would love this map coming from Sweden (with a mother that was born in Estonia but fled to Sweden in 1944 when the Soviets invaded).

The problem for a cold war scenario is that there really are no Nato airfields on this map. It's almost all red. One Swedish (F16 Uppsala) and really no Finnish as it cuts below Tampere-Pirkkala.

That is why I finally proposed this in my Southern Baltic proposal - https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=239656. In that area you get bases for all. Lots of WP bases, Western Germany, the Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden and even US bases in the UK that is interesting both for cold war - but especially for WWII. And a lot of water for Carrier ops that is important in DCS. I have a hard time seeing a NATO carrier entering the baltic Sea in any Cold war scenario. But in the north east corner of the proposal in my image above it makes sense?

My initial proposal in that thread included more of the Baltics and Kaliningrad that is interesting. But that ends up with to much ground that takes time to model... Looking at the cut below it would make sense to extend it eastwards to Kaliningrad actually.

Vdy7n0a.png

Edited by mazex
  • Like 1

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

• 7 months later...
On 5/26/2020 at 9:37 AM, Stratos said:

Heatblur was working on a map for the Viggen, right? what happened to that map?

I think the last word was they are not working on any map right now and don't have the intention to do so in the foreseeable future, yet they are not ruling it out completely. I think the exact words by Cobra were "Never say never." Can't find the thread anymore though.

Too bad for the Viggen, really. It deserves some Swedish airbases and countryside. Those russian airbases and the whole appeal of the Caucasus region with its soviet buildings and super-giant trees do it no justice at all.

Edited by Pilot Ike
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Instead of a Southern Baltic map, honestly it should be an Eastern Baltic map that encompasses the Baltic countries, Kaliningrad, Poland, Sweden, and maybe a little bit of Finland. I really hope someone gets to work on it. I would much rather have Eastern Europe chosen as the next map that comes out after Marianas with the Baltic sea over Afghanistan or another desert map. Korea would be okay, so long as they do two versions. One being 1950's and another being after the war with the DMZ, but I would much rather sea Baltics over Korea to be honest.

Edited by IcedVenom
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I am glad I found this, as was thinking that the Baltic would be an excellent space to make maximum use of the existing DCS protfolio of aircraft.  My thought was to have it bounded on the west by Copenhagen, north by Stockholm, east by St Petersberg, and south by Berlin.

This whole area has a lot of potential, for all the reasons stated in both threads however:

...it would require a significant leap in terms of programming and hardware.  At that point, we may be able to map the entire world....

I did it for Falcon BMS 4.33. That area is very important and the Falcon drivers loved that terrain! That is one of the most important area of Europe. 

Please keep in mind: the falcon engine was very old and outdated. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5HKQAzICIY

Cheers

Tom

Edited by TOMCATZ
  • Like 3

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

• 1 year later...

I agree, we definitely need a Baltic Sea map.  But we need less of the Russian mainland and more of Sweden, to include some of the air bases and road stretches which double as landing strips for the Viggen.  I posted this a few days ago in this forum.  Would make an epic Cold War map, such a geopolitical hot spot...

image.png

Edited by C_W_S
Forgot photo