will there be updated carrier aircraft?

Kroll

I’m curious at some point if the S-3, and S-60 will be updated? Maybe a few other period type aircraft. COD. Super hornet,

Different era asset packs would be cool as DCS expands. 70s, 80s, 90 asset packs. Yes I’d pay for those.

Thx

Edited by Kroll

Indeed. Very good question.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

this quietness is crazy man...say something people !!!!! nothing since 4/5 ...!!!!

Edited by Peter22

My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 T Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 64-bit on SDD 500 and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals

say something people !!!!!

Uh? what? Me? Eh...

"Never just say 'banana', without a proper reason"

That ok?

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

For the super carrier release, some aircraft should be released as AI instead of redoing old models. The F-18E/F for starters as at the very least a tanker, MH-60s updated, C-2A/D Greyhounds, and possibly EA-18G Growlers. These are pretty much the only aircraft on carriers nowadays until the F-35 gets into full service with the Navy/Marine Corps. Id like to see the S-3 Vikings updated along with a few other models when Heatblur releases the rest of its F-14 package with their A-6E and Forrestal class carriers.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

100%! Been mentioned numerous times here already. Releasing such an incredible carrier model with SH60 and S3 models from the LockOn days is really a pity. Hopefully they can update them as they're essential to carrier operations/immersion. The stock UH-60 model is a decent improvement over the SH60 model we have - maybe they can quickly add some bells and whistles and paint it grey as a temporary solution?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think ED could have good potential to tap a nice profits by making good "X Assets" that include some specific era units. Now they have the WW2 that they were required to be taken in their responsible from the original authors, but I could see lots of potential to all kind civilian aircrafts, ships, boats, ground vehicles from cars to trucks etc. And then start offering possibilities for 3rd party studios to make a ground units for specific countries and eras, like German Bundeswehr that would be from 1980-1990 kind package, and then some other studio could get Spain, Great Britain, France etc etc.

And it wouldn't deny that some studio could get rights to produce a AI flight units for specific countries as assets too.

And to make it easier, I would not require high accurate flight modeling for those, as they are suppose to be for the AI only and more of a "static" show and targets to get destroyed. So high quality damage modeling (each main part etc) and then realistic kind behavior (so no arcade accelerations and stoppings etc) but nothing that really would take much from CPU to calculate.

For ground units packs, be it a vehicle on carrier deck or airfield or road, would have accurate physics modeling etc when human is operating them etc.

As Heatblur is developing the A-6, that they hope to make full module instead just AI (so makes it in mind of full version) that will add a lot to carrier operations when you see it there and how we can design missions for AI to complete them. And if Heatblur gets rights to make it complete module it will be almost ready to do so.

I can see many modules to be made by some studios etc by starting first as assets, then improving them more feature rich and even make full standalone modules from them.

Like make first SH-609 for AI with high quality 3D model and nice flight modeling, and then later on make complete module from it!

I could consider nice sales with something like 5,99-6,99€ for a high quality AI aircraft just to include it to missions (required for mission designers) or something.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

If we are talking about new/updated assets, how about the SH-3

would be best for the forrestal class carriers; hopefully heatblur is making one with theirs.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

• ED Team

Older models will be improved in the future, but no time line to share currently.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

:music_whistling:

Uh? what? Me? Eh...

"Never just say 'banana', without a proper reason"

That ok?

:music_whistling:

My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 T Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 64-bit on SDD 500 and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals

+1

Naval units look horrific except EC-2 Hawkeye

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bump an older thread but I didn't feel this warranted a whole new thread.

Given the releases of the F/A-18C, F-14A/B, and the future release of the A-7E, there are certain timelines that suit these aircraft. In order to experience realistic carrier operations in DCS with these aircraft, I believe that priority for adding or updating AI aircraft in DCS should be given to the following Type/Model/Series (in no particular order):

HH-60H Seahawk "Rescuehawk"

This is the primary CSAR and transport helicopter for American carriers from the early 90s through the mid-2000s. HS squadrons deploying aboard carriers in this timeframe typically had both HH-60Hs for CSAR and transport and SH-60Fs for ASW. Since the HH-60H is based on the SH-60F airframe and engine, AI versions for both could easily be made, however the HH-60H is the airframe more likely to be encountered by DCS players during missions, either flying alongside the ship during flight quarters or participating in MEDEVAC or transport missions between ship and shore.

SH-3H Sea King

This variant was the primary helicopter deployed aboard carrier groups from the early 80s through the early 90s. SH-3H squadrons were deployed aboard both Forrestal and Nimitz class carriers as late as the mid-90s. Given that most timelines for the current and upcoming naval aircraft fit in the late 80s through mid 90s, this is a must have, especially for anyone interested in Persian Gulf carrier ops. These would additionally fit well with RAZBAM's upcoming Falklands content.

E-2C Hawkeye

Although this may seem unnecessary given that we already have the D variant, its important to note that the E-2D did not first enter service until 2010. Even today, the bulk of the Navy's AWACS fleet is still made up of C variant Hawkeyes. The E-2C has been in service since 1973. For the vast majority of timelines involving the aircraft in or coming to DCS, the E-2C is the aircraft that fits. This is not merely a reskin, as the C model has a different radar and engines from the D model.

S-3B Viking

This one is all but confirmed to be in the works. Although carrier air wings deployed with the A variant for most of the timeline, to my knowledge the only difference between the A and the B variant is a different radar and the ability to fire harpoons. Assuming ED is okay with including A model skins on the updated S-3B, there is no reason to have both variants as they are identical visually and in terms of flight performance.

I know some people will call for the EA-6B. I would argue that this should be a low priority for ED. Most of the capabilities of the Prowler are classified, and those that are known are not currently simulated in DCS. It is not just another platform for launching HARMs. The manner in which is jams or spoofs ground radar is not known. ED would not only have to re-examine how their various ground radar simulations worked, their jamming methods would be complete guesswork. Most of the other purported capabilities of the Prowler cannot be simulated in DCS, although they might be possible in the future, depending on how sophisticated the ground AI in the upcoming dynamic campaign is. For example, how would DCS simulate a Prowler eavesdropping on enemy communications? Or jamming cell towers? Or clogging up enemy radio transmissions with Death Metal or the audio from gay adult films? None of this is possible in DCS at the moment.

Edited by KingKenny04