Refueling Probe

Legs

Hey everyone, I've noticed as of late the probe light on the Hornet is almost nonexistent now which makes spotting the basket at night difficult. I know i can switch to NVG's but if the sun is still out enough to flare my lens than it can be difficult. Was there something changed with the probe light? I have all my externals on and everything.

LEGS - JTF-13

Illuminated quite nicely for me today.. Should illuminate upon extension of fuel probe. Don’t think it’s dependent upon any light settings..

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

That's not entirely accurate.There is, of course, no switch on the probe lighting in the cab. But on HOTAS there is an external lights switch that can turn all external lights on/off. Use this switch to turn on or off probe light.

Didn't know they modeled it to follow the external lights. I use the pinky switich on the HOTAS all the time (18C and 10C), but always have the lights on when A/A refueling - which is probably why I didn't ever notice the lack of lighting for the probe.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria