New clouds-payware ?

ER*Wumme

Dear pilots,

in former official news i have read of new coming clouds like cumulonimbus and 2-4 cloudlayers and so on.

We are waiting for new Clouds since the last announcement from Matt Wagner in Dezember 2017....:pilotfly:

What do Developers and Community think about a 25-40 Dollar DLC to accelerate the development ?

to give a taste … look you tube

ER*Wumme

ED has not talk nothing about a "Payware" addon.

About clouds, has been info on 2018 and 2019 about Cluds

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4101656&postcount=223

Development Report #4

Clouds: A very anticipated improvement coming to DCS is already making progress. Just a few of the improvements we are looking to add to this are (the following is subject to change):

Different cloud types, such as:

Cumulus

Сumulonimbus

Сirrus

And variations.

Localized precipitation

Multiple cloud layers

Multi-player synchronization

Lower Performance overhead with minimal to no “pop-in”

From Mudspike Wags Interview

In the recent Ask Me Anything (AMA) with http://www.mudspike.com, we mentioned that a new cloud rendering system will be coming to DCS World later this year. While very much work-in-progess and subject to change, we wanted to give you an early look.

74891482_10162605164620341_8671618668037144576_o.png?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQm-kxcWa3jSvtBBbFyfMa2JyDoT4fohRih24tPIZmnMVMVSoFTaKBoemIOx4XMeysQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fmad3-8.fna&oh=b7bcdb7c1e97b5f2e7ff76224fb5e8e9&oe=5E5F6CB1

I heard a rumour F-16 nav lights will also be payware at $5.99 :smilewink: ;)

You have heard wrong.

Nav lights are $3.99;slammer is $5.99:smilewink:

ED is working on a clouds for some time.

Cant wait to see the final result,whenever that may be.

Edited by Void78

Clouds as payware??? :doh:

DCS World is for free. Aircraft modules have to be paid for.

What should the next payware be? Waves on the water? Raindrops on the canopy? Better vehicle explosions?

Just imagine a muliplayer session. The guys who have payed for the clouds module, can hide in a cloud. Those who haven't, can see no clouds and will shoot you out of the sky with their guns. Great! This is all I ever wanted...

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Just imagine a muliplayer session. The guys who have payed for the clouds module, can hide in a cloud. Those who haven't, can see no clouds and will shoot you out of the sky with their guns. Great! This is all I ever wanted...

:lol:

The funny part is, that's exactly how it works right now because clouds are not synced in MP, so hiding in one doesn't mean the enemy is seeing one.

:lol:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

ED has not talk nothing about a "Payware" addon.

sorry but i did not say that ! This was a Suggestion only.

Many of us payd 100 ´s of Dollars/Euros for your excellent Simulation..

My personal store contents more than 15 modules except the 4 Maps .

Your CEO complains a little bit of lacking Money for his developers… " we Need to sale modules .. half of our Budget … " if I remember correctly .

Lies erst mal nach, was "hysterisch" bedeutet. Ich glaube nicht, dass meine Aussage irgend etwas mit Hysterie zu tun hat.

Na zum Glück gibt es ja kompetente Leute wie dich, die von Programmierung bestimmt voll die Ahnung haben. :megalol:

Edited by norbot

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Payware clouds? Suggestion?

What an absurd idea is that?

How will people be in sync in multiplayer servers in the same cloudy area?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Dear pilots,

in former official news i have read of new coming clouds like cumulonimbus and 2-4 cloudlayers and so on.

We are waiting for new Clouds since the last announcement from Matt Wagner in Dezember 2017....:pilotfly:

What do Developers and Community think about a 25-40 Dollar DLC to accelerate the development ?

to give a taste … look you tube

ER*Wumme

Money doesn't make the code monkeys code faster. That's just stupid. As far as DLC, afaik they have no intention to charge for it. You should go hit up the Electronic Arts website, though. They love people like you.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Better fps with new clouds in vr ?

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

Clouds as payware??? :doh:

DCS World is for free. Aircraft modules have to be paid for.

What should the next payware be? Waves on the water? Raindrops on the canopy? Better vehicle explosions?

Hmm, how about maps? Or campaigns! Or maybe ground units? Just imagine a multiplayer session, where the guys who have payed for the ground units module can see them and getting attacked by them, while the other guys can't.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Clouds are a part of the core game,are they not?

Do not understand original post.

They are and ED has never said anything to the contrary. The OP came up with this idea entirely on his own.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hmm, how about maps? Or campaigns! Or maybe ground units? Just imagine a multiplayer session, where the guys who have payed for the ground units module can see them and getting attacked by them, while the other guys can't.

I'm getting curious here, how does this actually work with the WW2 Asset pack? You have to buy it but what if these units are used on a MP server and you don't have them? You can't connect?

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I'm getting curious here, how does this actually work with the WW2 Asset pack? You have to buy it but what if these units are used on a MP server and you don't have them? You can't connect?

If a server has something you don't have, you cannot connect.

If a server has something you don't have, you cannot connect.

That currently only applies to surface units and maps only, but for aircraft. The supercarrier module will also be an exception from this.

Tornado3 small.jpg