[KNOWN ISSUE] Replay is BROKEN

Knives

I saved a track after I competed a mission and landed on the carrier.

But, whenever I play the replay or any mission with the F-18. My plane is either fly into a mountain or dead stick and crash on the ground.

is this a problem with all modules or only the F-18?

I would like to attach the track file, but it exceed the forums limit.

I just posted about this yesterday. It has been an issue for years. I was hoping it had been fixed. I had a good mission (albeit with many other bugs) in the SU27 yesterday, the replay track was nothing like my mission.

Edited by truebrit

Planes: A-10C/II - FC3 - F/A-18C - F-16c - F-5 - F-15E - F-4E

Helicopters: UH-1H Huey - KA-50 Black Shark - AH-64D

Maps: Sinai - Normandy 2.0 - Channel - Syria - Persian Gulf - South Atlantic

Extras: Supercarrier - WWII Asset Pack

PC SPECS: CPU, Intel i5 4670K @ 4.2GHz | MOBO, ASUS/Z87-A | MEMORY, HyperX FURY Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 Memory1833Mhz |GRAPHICS CARD, GIGABYTE RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6, 1920 Core, 1755Mhz | PSU, CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 1250W 80Plus | Flight Stick, Logitech X-56 | Rudder Pedals, Logitech G | O/S, Windows 10, 64bit | Hard Drives, Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB

I noticed that AI planes/vehicles during a replay are rethinking and the track does not save AI decisions or parameters.

And my guess is that the replay is deviating from the actual mission because the AI is making different decisions.

And when the deviation hit a certain limit, the player plane goes dead stick and become uncontrolled.

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

The playback runs all the inputs from the player, so any slight error in reproduction at the beginning gets magnified the longer the track, I don't know how it records AI, other than a guess that if player inputs are faithfully reproduced then it'd follow that AI would behave as they did in the original live play-through.

Edited by ouPhrontis
typo

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

This is something that is puzzling me. I just did my first carrier landing in the Hornet and wanted to save the track, but when I played it back it had little resemblance to what I had done. The flight was about ten minutes long, and the track just had me crash the plane about half way through, never even made it back to the carrier. Does this feature just not work in DCS or is there something I should do to correct it?

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1

The default state of this feature for years has been somewhere between "not working" and "barely working". Once in a while, however, when the stars and planets align correctly, you might get a correct playback.

The best suggested way to correct it is to forget it's there and not use it :D.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

This is an evergreen. For years now, it has been working sometimes and sometimes not. I'm 73 and I'm wondering whether I will live to see it fixed.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

This is an evergreen. For years now, it has been working sometimes and sometimes not. I'm 73 and I'm wondering whether I will live to see it fixed.

Wondering the same here...

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

I blame the constant moving of Tectonic Plates, which would explain why i was flying 800 ft wing leveled, and in my replay i was about 500 and in a descent. :P ED simply modeled the plates evolution in a fast forward style. :)

I blame the constant moving of Tectonic Plates, which would explain why i was flying 800 ft wing leveled, and in my replay i was about 500 and in a descent. :P ED simply modeled the plates evolution in a fast forward style. :)

Funny but very sad at the same time.....

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

The default state of this feature for years has been somewhere between "not working" and "barely working". Once in a while, however, when the stars and planets align correctly, you might get a correct playback.

:lol:

that worked for me too

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

Sad, realy, for so many years, since 2010 i discovered DCS, was flying in FSX, and since i was dreaming about DCS having a Hornet and doing Carrier landings in a such detailed sim versus FSX, and so sad i cannot even watch my replays as i'm starting to do nice pattern and steady control of the aircraft :( I'll have to hire a monkey and teach him how to record in Multi-Player my passes, but might cost me quite a few bananas. :)

It's difficult to not want to use it, if you like making videos.

In 2016/17, I made 80 videos involving replays. Mig 21/15, Hawk, Gazelle, Huey, F-86, L-39 and Spitfire. All worked without replay fault.

In mid 2017, Mig and Gazelle went bad and so on.

It seems to get progressively worse and un-reliable.

More recently, the Harrier is playing up, so I would suggest the system has got a lot worse and is unusable and unlikely to be fixed.

I'm going to try disabling the stick while watching replays, in case it's providing an input.

Edited by Holbeach

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

Well i did a test, remembered seing in another thread and tried something in that direction, and first track i tried, worked, i took off from the carrier, hot start as usual, i did 3 passes, only difference is, i did touch and go, no hook down and no stoping on the carrier, the entire track was accurate, all 3 passes as i did, no desync altitude issues. Time to go to bed, but tomorow i'll do another test with 3 passes and we'll see, i'll post the track here and if you guys wanna see on your end if it stayed sync. All last tracks i made were all acurate mostly for the first pass, all hell broke loose once i took off from the carrier afterward, so that thread came back on me which what the guy said about not stoping ont he carrier and his track were fine more often versys stoping on the carrier.

Edited by Doum76

I bought my pedals in May 2017, so I decided to start there, by introducing a small dead spot to the pedals, calibrate stick and disable Trackir, so there would be no input

from them during replay in F2..

I used the Harrier to practice bomb and rocket runs in my 210 ai and static vehicle target range. So far so good. Subsequent replays looked good. Full 4 pod rockets on a convoy, provided a slight kill points discrepancy, but apart from that all was OK.

Moved on to try VTOL. Replays were faultless, every crash was recorded perfectly.

Looking good so far.

Edited by Holbeach

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

I bought my pedals in May 2017, so I decided to start there, by introducing a small dead spot to the pedals, calibrate stick and disable Trackir, so there would be no input

from them during replay in F2..

I used the Harrier to practice bomb and rocket runs in my 210 ai and static vehicle target range. So far so good. Subsequent replays looked good. Full 4 pod rockets on a convoy, provided a slight kill points discrepancy, but apart from that all was OK.

Moved on to try VTOL. Replays were faultless, every crash was recorded perfectly.

Looking good so far.

Yeah the issues seems more triggered when using an AI objet like a carrier or a moving carrier, which sorta alters our positionning, altitude, speed when clicked to the deck... not using Carrier i'm sure my Replays would be fine.

This feature is really important for content creators (aka. youtubers etc.). WHile I am not one of them, I'd say that it would be good business sense to fix it.

That, and think about their own trailers. They need reliable replays in order for their marketing people to put together all those trailers for DCS World and its modules.

I create my own mission and my replays are fine I can watch and change views so I see my landing from the carrier a must have for fun factor.

But after each update replays are of no use so just fly again and all good.

I can fast forward and change views e.t.c with no problems.

Edited by freehand

Wanted to pass on something I learned yesterday.... as we know, the track file isn't actually a saved track of your flight, it's a recording of user inputs (only), played back, in real time, in the simulation. I have a home cockpit with a lot of real switches and I use Helios. What I realized yesterday is that DCS doesn't record those. So if I activated the autopilot, for example, with a real switch (or in this case touch monitor), DCS doesn't register it. So the airplane, in the track, just meanders off and eventually crashed. I re-did the flight and used all "normal" in-game mouse clicking of switches and the track was fine (aside from the normal issues).

I know that tracks are still generally bugged, but I thought I'd pass this along as maybe others are having this Helios issue as well and haven't realized it.

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

I saved a track after I competed a mission and landed on the carrier.

But, whenever I play the replay or any mission with the F-18. My plane is either fly into a mountain or dead stick and crash on the ground.

is this a problem with all modules or only the F-18?

I would like to attach the track file, but it exceed the forums limit.

simple question, did you take off the Carrier or land based? Just realised yesterday, when i take off from landbased my Replays are fine, but as soon as i start up from the Carrier, it's totaly desynch, so far i did 6 tracks with one pass taking off from land, and traped on the carrier, all was fine.When i take off from the Carrier, i can'T even get one pass synch, as soon as i turn in for the break i loose sorta 200 ft anytime i start from the Carrier's deck. I'll have to try, doign a few patterns and see how it goes, from now i only tried once cuz i was trying to record a video, so one pass was fine.

Well i did the test, did a track taking off from an airfield and lading on the carrier, launching and reland on it, first pass was ok, second totaly off ended up in the break at 1200 ft instead of 800 ft. So replays desync when you get in contact with the carrier's, as it's alter's our altitude. At least now i can get to watch one trap from my replays. :)

Took off from nellis in Spitfire did bombing and gun runs flew around vegas landed.In track I crashed into building.This was last night.

MODULES: FC3, M2000C, L-39C/ZA, UH-1H HUEY, A-10C WARTHOG, F-86F SABRE,MIG-15, MIG-21, KA-50,Hawk,P-51 and Nevada.