Group specific imperial/metric units

Northstar98

Hi Guys,

Just came across something ever so small but hey ho, this is after all a wishlist.

Put simply, at the moment in order to change between imperial and metric units you have to do it via the settings menu which is kind-of like a master selector, it affects everything. Now this for all intensive purposes is perfect, but mad men like me I ran into a small problem - on missions where you are using or have the choice to use multiple aircraft (with different units) you are forced into using only 1 and not the other when creating the mission and flying it. What would be better is if there was a tickbox on the aircraft group editor to use either metric or imperial units, so you have the correct, corresponding units for each flight for waypoints, for barometric pressures and for the information bar and map in the mission.

For things like editing the atmospheric pressure as well as the cloud base and thickness it would be good if the box with the value you've selected would give it in metric and imperial units - so everyone no matter what aircraft they're in has something to work with.

This just saves having to convert everything on the fly for each unit and also saves

It's such a simple and small request but hopefully it could be considered.

Cheers,

Ollie

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.