matbog's Mirage 2000C Pit

matbog

Would be interested in how you end up doing the pcn. If and when you start let me know I'd like to stay in the loop and work along with you.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

I don't know if you are aware of that but a french guy, Exo7, developped the Mirage 2000 library for DCS Bios: http://www.checksix-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=192389

He has done an impressive work! Apparently it is not finish yet because of the beta status of the Mirage but you can try it.

Oh I meant how you plant to build the panel. For my mix pit I'll be making an a10cdu and adjacent to it was going to put the PCN.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Love this pit already and really refined! Can I ask what screen you're using for the MFD so I can implement the same or similar for my own pit?

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

Thanks ward8124, Glad you like it.

The screen I am using is not just a screen but a hybrid between a PC and a tablet: Pipo X9.

My pit is a modular pit on which I can attach different module: a steering wheel and a pedal box for racing simualtion, a yoke, a lever box and a rudder for General avaition simulation, my unfinished A-10C dashboard and soon my Mirage 2000 dashboard and lateral consoles.

You can see the whole construction here: http://www.checksix-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=286&t=170180

For my A-10C dashboard I attached some VGA and USB screens on it but I had to modify the display configuration on my PC when I plugged or unplugged it, which is not very handy.

So for the Mirage 2000 I have the Pipo X9 which will manage its own screens for the VTB (Radar screen) but also another screen fo the SERVAL (RWR ). The SERVAL screen will be connected via the HDMI connector. The DCS export (VTB and SERVAL) are send to the PIPO X9 via the IRIS software which is really awesome (A big thank to Gremlin77 and whartsell !!!!). The PIPO X9 will also manage DCS Bios for the others instruments.

This architecture allows the dasboard to be connected only by an Ethernet cable (or wifi) to the main PC and to make the plug/unplug operation very easy.

pipo-x9-mini-pc-dual-boot-os-android-44-windows-10-intel-ecran-9-pouces-full-hd-bluetooth-lan-rj.jpg.71c475f4ca5c02ca0c75a5f491aa709c.jpg

_DSC2866.thumb.jpg.f66f535c1cbae2fa504bbded98fce197.jpg

_DSC2856.thumb.jpg.3f3daad81fa3984c46df5a02790ab697.jpg

Edited by matbog

OMG that extrusion set up is exquisite! I'm looking to do the same for my seat too so it's level and accurate not mention steady! I've a touch screen PI3 so may look to use DCS exports or BIOS if I'm man enough! Nice job bud very nice indeed!

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank Duckling!

I designed the HUD in order to ba able to integrate a screen and a mirror inside but I am really not sure to do it.

The first reason is that my cockpit is a modular cockpit, I can play DCS but also other flight simulator or racing simulator. So the dashboard can be mounted and unmounted. A real HUD must be tuned realy pricesely to be precise when you aim at a target for exemple. So if I realise a "real" HUD I will spend lot of time to place my dashboard really precisely each time I want to play DCS and it will not be very handy.

Edited by matbog

Have to agree with Brass, really top notch. Love it Matbog.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908