Payload jettison buttons bugged

QuiGon

The two payload jettison buttons (X-TANK & NÖDF VAP) are bugged. They are protected by a cover, but can be used with the cover closed.

The NÖDF VAP button (emergency jettison) is also playing the jettison sound everytime it is pressed, even after all the stores have been dropped already.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 month later...

Any update on this? At least an acknowledgement would be nice.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Noticed this again during a testing session recently. It's on the list :)

Thanks, that's all I needed :)

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 7 months later...

Also, when actuating them via HOTAS mappings, they stay depressed and have to be pulled out with the mouse in order to function again on the next sortie. Plus, the cover mappings jsut open the covers, there's nothing to close them afterwards.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 3 months later...

A video of the issue from the current OB:

Thankfully, as Kingsnake mentioned, the buttons don't seem to do anything if you press them through their covers, but the sound is still disorienting. It would also be nice if clicking anywhere on the cover opened it, not just the hinge.

Minor thing.

It's gotten me into trouble when I got jumped by a bandit and was trying to jettison my tank as quickly as possible. Being heads-down in the cockpit, futzing with switches is a good way to get shot. :P