Win a flight in P51D! Just an Idea...

bluepilot76

Hi ED,

How about organising some sort of P51D competition, maybe pylon racing or dogfighting or creating an aerobatic display track etc. The winner gets a flight in a P51D at The Fighter Collection. Might be a good puclicity thing I know I will be itching to buy my copy!

Technical Specs: Asus G73JW gaming laptop... i7-740QM 1.73GHz ... GTX460m 1.5GB ... 8GB DDR5 RAM ... Win7 64 ... TIR5 ... Thrustmaster T16000m

Just fyi, if u live in or around Van Nuys airport, u might want to see if the P-51 is still there. The rear was modified to carry one passenger on a paid ride. That thing was massive and orange. :)

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

I saw it there some ten plus years ago. It was the first time I had seen a real warbird or a real fighter for that matter. I was walking out to a Cherokee for my second, and last, flying lesson and there it was... It wasn't a replica either. A great loss both the pilot and machine if true.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Oh, the crash of Big Beautiful Doll at Duxford somehow passed me by..Very sad, but absolutely AMAZING that the pilot was able to get out and successfully open his chute in such an extremely short time. Guy must be one cool cucumber.

Anyway there seems to be a bit of drift here, 2 seat Mustangs are not in any way rare, nearly every one I have seen nowadays has that tell tale ever so slightly extended canopy. If you had one, wouldnt you put a seat in the back so you could take up your friends? I certainly would.

The Fighter Collections P51 is a 2 seater according to their webpage. I imagine an hour in something like that is something less than £5000 so not a impossible amount of money for what would really be a marketing exercise.

Technical Specs: Asus G73JW gaming laptop... i7-740QM 1.73GHz ... GTX460m 1.5GB ... 8GB DDR5 RAM ... Win7 64 ... TIR5 ... Thrustmaster T16000m

You could also visit this website, which is where I did my flight in the Mustang. Crazy Horse (not Crazy Horse2) was the one I flew in. It was definitely an awesome flight, and the colors I will be using for my Mustang when it comes out.

http://www.stallion51.com/

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I'll be making Crazy Horse and Crazy Horse 2 repaints as well when this comes out, as I've also been down to Stallion 51. In his spare time, of the instructor pilots (John Posson) flys left wing on our real-life counterparts team, the Patriots Jet Team. :)

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "