Why do I keep buying new aircraft modules and only flying them once?

Yeti42

Am I sick? do I have an addiction? So far I've bought pretty much every module with the exception of the Christen Eagle II, C-101 Aviojet and the Fw 190 D-9 Dora. There's no way I can keep current on all of them... I only regularly fly 4 (F14B, A10C, FA18C and Huey). Why?

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4

Shame you missed the last sale, you only need 3 more to complete the full set. :D :thumbup:

So exactly where does AAA meet,.. :P

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Yes i have a same problem. I have almost everything in DCS and yes i want more too :)

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

So exactly where does AAA meet,.. :P

Well, if there isn't already a AAA-server up, someone should make one :P

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Because like many or almost all of this Eagle Dynamics forum, you are passionate about the world of aviation, and you like to try new airplanes and flight models. I started little by little years ago with other simulators, and last year I decided on DCS. Since then I have not stopped buying modules. I'm missing some helicopters and the WWII that I hope little by little can have them all. Thanks Eagle Dynamics and third developer companies !!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vista, Suerte y al TORO !!

Well, if there isn't already a AAA-server up, someone should make one :P

That's a brilliant idea, I feel a new sqn coming on... I'm just waiting on my next paycheck so I can upgrade my current system and use the old one as a dedicated server... wait... :music_whistling:

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Collecting planes is a thing of billionaires and us DSC users.

@Yeti: I know you will buy the Christen as soon as it is on half price sale, don't ya?;)

I won't! I won't!, it serves no purpose (for me) It's not a trainer, it's not a fighter or a bomber, therefore I won't buy it. I really don't see the point in it unless ED goes down the GA route. for that to happen they'de have to model the capabilities of the other 2 or 3 serious GA and airliner flight sims out there and I don't think that's the way they want to go...

Collecting planes is a thing of billionaires and us DCS users.

@Yeti: I know you will buy the Christen as soon as it is on half price sale, don't ya?;)

Thinking what kind of advanced hardware we have to use in order to enjoy the game...HOTAS, tracking devices, VR devices, graphics cards etc.. Some users have "stuff" equal to a small African country's budget i believe.

DCS users= Billionaires?:D

For a time in my life I just *had to have* all them cool games I wanted to play but never did... then I started to pay attention to how much money I spent on games monthly, and how much time I spent browsing and I rationalzed that I really don't need all that...

And now I actually just buy what I intend to fly or play, be it DCS or other games. My hardware space is limited, my money is limited, my time is limited. And I usually tend to go pretty indepth with each module... so I've lost the whole "but I must have it" though altogether.

That money is well spent in other things as well.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Sweet words of encouragement brother, you should be our first AAA speaker. :P :thumbup:

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I’m only missing the L39, but fly nearly all of them regularly.

I ended up sticking the on a rota, such that they all get flown at least once a week. With the spare time, I go learn new things or practice more complex activities. Just love it.

Initially, looks like a scary amount of money, then you remember how much you’ve spent on hardware to run it.

My saving grace is that it’s cheaper per year than hobbies like season tickets to football, motor racing or insisting on having the latest car on our drive.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

The CE ii is FUN you know you want to,...:music_whistling:

Yeah I currently have more modules than I will ever be able to take the time to truly learn.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

How much would you fork over to get an hours worth of sitting time in a real F-14, let alone play with the systems powered up, not to mention fly it? VR makes the price of admission well worth it, when you look at it that way the modules are the cheap part, and the planes are so easy to store, you can hop in any time. Got to think positive.

I've grabbed a few just to tour the pit, usually as a minimum bind the flight axis, and take a few test spins. Some have been in the hanger a long time, used to fly, like the original A-10C module and all the LockOn stuff, those already paid their dues long ago.

Haven't bought everything, but sure is much in the bucket to stay busy and genuinely interesting to me.

Not to mention maintenance cost,.. :(

For an L39 downunder from about $2300AUD gets you 35 minutes but you gotta do it at least once. :D :thumbup:

Every time I click buy, I tell myself this will be the module that will be fully functional and bug free, DOH ;)

Processor: i7-8700K CPU @ 5.1GHz (OC)

Memory: 16384MB RAM DDR 4266

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080TI FE

VR: PiMax 5K+

HDD: Samsung SSD 960 EVO

HDD: WD SSD WDS100T2B0A-00SM50

I do this...well, I fly them a little more than once. I managed to resist the urge to buy the M2000c in the last sale.

Love going back to modules I haven't flown for a while but I always find I have forgotten large parts of systems and have to redo the training missions.

My main reason for not flying most modules is that there just isn't the single player content by way of campaigns or single missions to keep me interested (I struggle with the mission editor). As a result, the A10c continues to get my attention because of the additional mission content available.

I feel your pain! I have a similar problem......:D

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=173366

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."