CTD after clicking Install

SGT Coyle

Beta 2.5.4.25729

Purchased MIG-15bis.

When I click install my game crashes. Never had this issue before.

Logs attached:

Hope it's nothing big.

Thanks,

****Resolution:

1. Remove all Mods. Made sure all mods were removed. Use what ever mod manager you use, if any, to disable/remove mods. Also if you are using the DSC.openbeata/Mods/ or DSC.openbeata/Tech/ folders in "Saved Games" dir to aply mods. Move them out as well.
  2. Do a repair on your DCS install.
  3. Start DCS as usual and try to install new mod.

The above worked for me. I don't propose to know what was wrong with my install before, but it works now.

Good luck!

dcs.zip

Edited by SGT Coyle

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

How did you sort this please as Im having the same issue trying to install my mig 29 Im very new to DCS world only installed it over the weekend. Everything else works perfectly i.e the 2 already included modules/aircraft and the caucasius bit.

Many thanks

Rob Dodge

Call sign Artful

Edited by DrRob

Sorry,

Should have done this earlier.

Be advised that I'm only running the openBeta. The instructions I give should be interpreted as good for Release as well. Make the appropriate inferences.

See OP for resolution.

Edited by SGT Coyle

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Ive tried disabling the 3 modules - TR51 & Frogfoot and JVS Avionics and mine still crashes when I try to install/download the Mig29

:)

Are you using Mods? NOT, Modules. Mods, like sound, skins, objects, ect....

You definitely shouldn't have to deactivate Modules.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Sorry I thought you ment modules No - Im hoping someone can sort out why DCS is crashing when I try to install my mig29 module

I can't guarantee that I will be able to sort it, but no one will work it out unless, they have had the issue themselves, are clarevoyent or just may be if you posted some logs to show what is happening with DCS itself.

ie:

1. Dcs.log in (\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Logs\) folder.
  2. DXdiag report in the (run dxdiag.exe to create).
  3. Autoupdate_log.txt in the (\DCS World 2 OpenBeta\) folder.
  4. Autoupdate.cfg. in the (DCS World 2 OpenBeta\) folder.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.