Dora start only in second attemp

Vino

Having trouble with this bird. It nevert fires up in the first attemp. I’m doing everything by the book. Even in training mission it does not start. Everyone else having this problem?

Edited by Vino

Crack the throttle a bit and wiggle it as you pull the starter.

I7-7700K 4.5 GHz / RTX 2080 Ti / 32Gb RAM / 1Tb 850 Evo SSD / Win10 Pro / TM Warthog / Crosswind Pedals / Odyssey+

I had this also but than I have tried to spin it up a bit longer than the suggested (25? sec) than it seems its is always starting for the first try.

I also realized that the takeoff tutorial and some of its instruction might be outdated or something becasue it did not work when I have tried everything done "by the book" (instructor suggested).

For example When I bought the module I have tried to do the takeoff according to the suggestions and I failed many times than I tried my way and realized it might be that the characteristic of the plane might have been changed a bit since these instructions were created because I feel that the ideal speed of unclocking/locking the tailwheel (releaseing the stick towards neutral position) while accelerating is not the one the instructor suggests.

So maybe they have changed something with the engine startup a bit also thats why the suggested spin up time is not enough. I can be wrong though because I am very far from a "DCS exper"t.

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home

The tutorial mission is outdated and contains some incorrect info indeed - for example the suggested stick-neutral speed of 200 kph is nonsense, as the plane lifts off already at 180.

Generally, old training mission rarely get fixed/updated in DCS (unfortunately), so it's recommended not to spend much time on them.

As for the startup, use electric power from the ground crew - seems to be spinning the flywheel to higher RPM and the engine catches on the first try easily.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

There are two throttle settings. “Start” and “Idle”. Set the first before flywheel begins spinning, wait ~25 seconds, activate the clutch. When the engine starts, switch to “Idle”. You need to advance the throttle a little, to keep the engine from quitting.

Edited by TWC_SLAG
To

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.