UltraMFCD - drag, resize and click display exports. Zero configuration.

Sgt_Baker

It'll run fullscreen too, but in that case the exported displays will be constrained to whatever screen(s) the game itself is using. There's approximately a 10% FPS drop in windowed mode at present (optimisation of this is precisely what's going on at the moment) and 0% FPS drop in fullscreen mode when compared to exporting MFCDs the old fixed/static way via modifying .lua files. Of course enabling the "turn off cockpit MFCDs" option improves things in general. Come to think of it, if you're desperate for more FPS you could simply run the mod with that option and nothing else - fly like they did in the old days!

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something I really want to avoid is over-optimising the windowed mode. As I do most of the testing for this on something that could be considered "just about a gaming machine", it could be that the FPS drop is much smaller for the majority of players, thus rendering further optimisation a game of diminishing returns.

Can you add support for FC3? (radar displays for F15C and Su27)

As yet I simply do not know. The only modules I've had any meaningful interaction with, as a user, are A-10C and KA-50 I/II. It wouldn't be prudent to provide a yes/no without using the FC3 end of the system first.

:)

• Like 1

Sgt Baker - your mod is looking great and is a "Leap ahead" in mods for DCS in a fair while, if and when you release it i would love to run it in Beta for you. Just as a thought though with a new iteration of DCS (EDGE) imminent in the future will that impact on your mod ? ( Probably not) And what we who delve in the helo side would love to see would be a no-nonsense guages pack - as an example put enlarged Huey Gauges on another screen for us old farts with diminishing vision lol. Love your work.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Sgt Baker - your mod is looking great and is a "Leap ahead" in mods for DCS in a fair while, if and when you release it i would love to run it in Beta for you. Just as a thought though with a new iteration of DCS (EDGE) imminent in the future will that impact on your mod ? ( Probably not) And what we who delve in the helo side would love to see would be a no-nonsense guages pack - as an example put enlarged Huey Gauges on another screen for us old farts with diminishing vision lol. Love your work.

As it so happens EDGE couldn't come soon enough, as there is distinct evidence dotted around the innards of the game that we'll be moving to a more modern version of DirectX. Doing so would implicitly eliminate the 10% FPS drop presently associated with windowed mode, which is why I was mumbling about diminishing returns.

Edit: It'll probably involve a fair amount of reworking the code, but the resultant code would be far less geared towards getting DirectX to do things it doesn't want to do.

:)

Edited by Sgt_Baker

Having spent a long time playing with configs for multi screen and touch screen, at first I thought ...Meh......but once it dawned on me the potential for this Mod, you hooked me. Great work Baker, very clever...happy to beta for ya

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Same here. My monitor config is a bit weird, with two 8" touch screens and one additional big screen, with DCSW in windowed mode because of Helios, I'd love to try your program and test the heck out of it.

Did I understand correctly it supports touch screen stuff? So I could actually get rid of Helios?

Yep, you read that correctly. If you scroll back to the very first post in this thread there's a video of an early version of UltraMFCD. It fully supports touch-screens, and will happily run on any monitor you have connected to your machine.

We're stupendously close to a broad-scale test, which I will announce here, via the website and on Twitter.

B

Will you have this working with an iPad through AirDisplay mate? And will it work with USB external touch screens? Looks awesome by the way

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Will you have this working with an iPad through AirDisplay mate? And will it work with USB external touch screens? Looks awesome by the way

That's the idea, yes, except the portable devices will be identical in functionality to the desktop equivalent. This takes a bit of negotiation with Apple/Google, by the way, so perhaps expect swearing on my part?

As for the external USB screens: Providing Windows recognises them as proper displays there should be no problem.

B

Sgt. Baker

I run Helios on a second screen for the A10C. Can I overlay your MFD's on the Helios screen? Will your program effect the export file that has proven to be very finicky?

Edited by sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Sgt. Baker

I run Helios on a second screen for the A10C. Can I overlay your MFD's on the Helios screen? Will your program effect the export file that has proven to be very finicky?

uMFCD is designed such that it should operate alongside other mods and custom configurations. This is not to say that there will be absolutely no conflicts whatsoever, but we will respond quickly to any such issues as soon as we become aware of them.

In the first instance, could you send me the exports file so as to put another data point on the proverbial graph in terms of what to expect from Helios?

The bottom line, however, is this: ultraMFCD never overwrites or modifies anything on disk, so at the very least it's not going to screw up other mods. :)

Yep, we've already performed quite a bit of work in this direction. It's a case of there being a 100% certainty of seeing Android/iOS functionality in the future.

do you need a tester for nexus 7 user?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Export file for Helios

As requested, attached (I hope) is my export file that I found on the forum that I use for A10C, BS2 and the SU 25T. It works with Helios and the panels for the foregoing planes. I have also attached my monitor setup file for the A10C just FYI.

I have been able to get the radar screen for the F15C on a second monitor, but to date, cannot get the RWR to appear on a second monitor.

My guess is that those of us that have a second touchscreen monitor would continue to use Helios panels and gauges other than the MFCDs and use your program for the MFCDs. Therefore, it is important that Helios, the existing Helios profiles and your program all play nice in the sandbox.

Testing available upon request.

Good luck.

Sobe

Export.lua

BMFCD.lua

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .