Trigger "switched condition broken on 2.5?

strikers_blade

I am trying to show a message every single time a player gets into a specific zone. I selected the "switched condition" trigger type. I use an helicopter for going in and out of the zone but for some reason, in never changes my condition status.

Am I missing something or what?

/www.airsoftevents.com/medias/images/gunfreezone.jpg

My systems:

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-8700k

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Asus ROG 2080ti

HP Reverb

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70Ghz

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Nvidia Quadro M4000M

TrackIR 5

I successfully use SWITCHED CONDITION, so it does function. I suspect the problem is the condition: PART OF COALITION IN ZONE. What should happen if one unit remains in the zone and others enter and exit? Not sure how the program would handle such situation.

I successfully use SWITCHED CONDITION, so it does function. I suspect the problem is the condition: PART OF COALITION IN ZONE. What should happen if one unit remains in the zone and others enter and exit? Not sure how the program would handle such situation.

The message would not show up as long as a unit is already in it. According to the manual, "part of coalition in zone" must switch from true to false or vice versa (i.e. change of state) if you want the action to occur again. So for my setup above, I tried with the helo inside the zone and exiting or outside and entering with the same bad results.

My systems:

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-8700k

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Asus ROG 2080ti

HP Reverb

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70Ghz

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Nvidia Quadro M4000M

TrackIR 5

Possibly but why making it more complicated than it should?

That being said, I tried at various locations around NELLIS and it does work as long as the trigger zone is not too big and at very specific locations. Simply said, it looks like there is/are specific spots around NELLIS or possibly around other airport where my trigger will not work. If I use a zone of 100, it works just fine where I have it on my image above. If I go 1000, it doesn't anymore.

Weird.....I will try with the flags.

My systems:

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-8700k

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Asus ROG 2080ti

HP Reverb

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70Ghz

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Nvidia Quadro M4000M

TrackIR 5

Looks like you aren't ever switching the condition, it has to equal false to get back to true again. There's a blue unit presetn in the screenshot. Also you have to set the player by your own definition, you want the player to flip the condition, not any of a coalition.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Looks like you aren't ever switching the condition, it has to equal false to get back to true again. There's a blue unit presetn in the screenshot. Also you have to set the player by your own definition, you want the player to flip the condition, not any of a coalition.

Pikey, as I mentioned above, I tried both ways (blue unit starting in or blue unit starting out) with the same results. My trigger works if my triggerzone becomes much smaller or if I move the zone and the helo away from specific zones in NELLIS. I am still testing this.

Not complicated at all.

Try this...

I assumed the flag option would require an extra step. Time to explore that option a bit more then.

My systems:

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-8700k

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Asus ROG 2080ti

HP Reverb

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70Ghz

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Nvidia Quadro M4000M

TrackIR 5

Your condition is not being switched because you have these BLUEFOR units already in the zone.

attachment.php?attachmentid=182665&stc=1&d=1523879824

Move them elsewhere and your trigger should work when a BLUEFOR airframe enters the zone.

You sir just made my day. For some stupid thinking of mind, I also assumed only vehicles could be considered "units" :doh:

With such condition now, neither "switched condition" or "flag ON" work . Time for plan B.

Thank you SUNTSAG

My systems:

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-8700k

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Asus ROG 2080ti

HP Reverb

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70Ghz

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Nvidia Quadro M4000M

TrackIR 5

Use UNIT INSIDE ZONE instead of PART OF COALITION IN ZONE. :thumbup:

No can't do . That would limit the number of units being informed.

Technically speaking, I want to create a "gun free zone" around specific airports so every single unit entering the zone shall display the message, regardless if there are units already in the zone. The flag might work if I can figure out a way to increase the flag value when a unit leave and increase when a unit comes in and then compare the result with the previous value. My coding skill is rusty so I am having fun with that idea right now :D

My systems:

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-8700k

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Asus ROG 2080ti

HP Reverb

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70Ghz

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Nvidia Quadro M4000M

TrackIR 5

You are welcome.

feefifofum and others are right and would save you a lot of hassle trying to script it. Far be it from me to spoil your scripting de-rusting fun though.....:thumbup:

Here is what I use as an example:

attachment.php?attachmentid=182671&stc=1&d=1523891476

indeed, I am quickly coming to the conclusion that scripting will be my only way.

As far as your example, it is a good way to do if you keep your mission small and with not too many units, which is not what I am planning :D

But once again, you guys gave great ideas...I am just too dumb to build something simple LOL

My systems:

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-8700k

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Asus ROG 2080ti

HP Reverb

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70Ghz

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Nvidia Quadro M4000M

TrackIR 5

I guess we have to say it a few times.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I guess we have to say it a few times.

My bad Pikey, I misunderstood your post and thought you were talking about the Helo in the zone :(

Now that I saw the light, you also get a cookie for helping me in this thread :thumbup:

My systems:

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-8700k

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Asus ROG 2080ti

HP Reverb

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70Ghz

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Nvidia Quadro M4000M