Spotting labels for VR

MrShooty

DCS in VR is awesome - but spotting things sucks. The alternative is to turn labels on but in VR they are HUGE and ruin the immersion. How about subtle spotting labels - perhaps just lighten the background when a unit is within visual range so that one knows something is there but can only notice if one is looking for it and not automatically knowing what it is.

Dots only labels works well for me. I do wish there was a way to set it to friendly dots only. That way I could use it to make sure I can see the rest of my flight without giving away the location of enemy ground units.

Yea spotting is pretty bad in VR to be fair, spotting ground units is far better in the PG map than the caucus but spotting enemy air is a nightmare, i've noticed that playing around with the pixel density and SMAA settings can improve it slightly but not much.

The only time i can see planes easily is when they are silhouetted above you in the sky, if they are co altitude or lower (especially over the sea)| then you pretty much have no hope picking them up quickly.

I wish they would address and fix this issue..

Dots only labels works well for me. I do wish there was a way to set it to friendly dots only. That way I could use it to make sure I can see the rest of my flight without giving away the location of enemy ground units.

I just discovered this option in the setup and it is indeed much better.

Where can we find this 'dots only' option?

From the main page go to Settings (the cog wheel) and then Gameplay. It's a drop-down in the bottom left corner. It puts a small tick mark over a nearby unit but no other information.

From the main page go to Settings (the cog wheel) and then Gameplay. It's a drop-down in the bottom left corner. It puts a small tick mark over a nearby unit but no other information.

Thankyou.

Win 10 64//4.5g i7 Kaby Lake//gtx Titan x pascal//16gb 3200ram//Asus Maximux Hero IX//Oculus Rift//