FARP Hollywood 001 - Troop Extraction from Outpost 27B Huey Or Mi8

I indeed was outside the LZ-trigger (checked it in the Mission Editor).

When I tried it with the Mi-8, I did not get green smoke for the first FARP. Maybe you have to check the script/trigger if it's only set to work with the Huey? (no issues with the Huey).

my bad for the delay. can you believe my 9-5 is actually expecting me to work? lol :) thank you much for the heads up on the Mi8, i'm actually going to remove it all together once DCS fixes the user file updating. after revisiting the code, looks like a little more work is needed for the mi8 to work correctly. Made the mission originally for the huey but the Mia barley fits at OP2.

if you had to chose, which is your favorite? Huey or Mi8? would you like to see missions strictly for the mi8?

Coming Soon...
The Fraternity Returns : https://thefraternitysim.com/

work? ;-) I don't even know how to update user files...

Difficult to answer. I like both and it depends on the mission. For Gunship I prefer the Huey. Also, the way you create the FARP and all that; it just feels more like "Huey" to me. On the other side, there aren't that many missions for the Mi-8. Also, the Mi-8 simply is that much faster which allows you longer distances. We flew the Mi-8 a lot online and it was a nice change to switch back to the Huey. With that said, it's really up to you to decide. I'll take whatever it is.

If the map would be Vietnam, the decision would be clear though.

• 3 months later...

I flew the first mission late last night, kinda flubbed it up on the first attempt lol, but the second attempt was fun and successful, especially the part where I flew a little too high and successfully flared and dodged a sam. Looking forward to flying the other missions today.

Thank you for creating and sharing your work, so far they are great!

I flew the first mission late last night, kinda flubbed it up on the first attempt lol, but the second attempt was fun and successful, especially the part where I flew a little too high and successfully flared and dodged a sam. Looking forward to flying the other missions today.

Thank you for creating and sharing your work, so far they are great!

Ha! Gotta love dodging those SAMS. Happy you enjoyed yourself. Defiantly check out my other missions you may enjoy those also. :pilotfly:

Coming Soon...
The Fraternity Returns : https://thefraternitysim.com/

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
happy you enjoyed the mission! On this particular mission only MOOSE was used but CTLD is awesome! I have been thinking about marking FARP Hollywood a dedicated helo multiplayer server ;-)

OMG do it!

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB