HUD size.

arturojgt

Hi to everyone.

I bought few days a go my first oculus set, im new in the VR world but not in the sim world. The experience in VR rise the whole DCS World to new non-game level.

Im having a problem with the HUD size in VR, When im moving in the cockpit all panel enlarge when I move close to them but not the HUD image, almost 1/3 is out of sight, moving up the seat is the only way to see the digital compass in the lower part of the HUD but im missing the top part info.

Is there any way to change the size of the HUD to accommodate to the sight all the info?

Im so sorry for my English, im a Argentinian guy with an english grammar of a 6 year of old child.

Thanks to all for reading and help.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

Theorically the Hud picture is collimated to infinite. So if you lean forward or backward you don't get more far or closer to infinite, and Hud picture keeps same size.

But not the Hud glass that gets bigger and become able to show all the Hud picture when you lean forward.

In DCS the worst case I see is with the A-10c's Hud. But it seems that in real life A10 pilots have to lean forward to be able to see the full Hud picture so ....

Changing the size of Hud picture seems tricky as it would mess up accuracy of Hud sights (ccip etc ....)

Try to adjust moving the seat forward with RCTL + RSHF + NUM* or backwards with RCTL + RSHF + NUM/ to see if it improves the situation a bit.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Theorically the Hud picture is collimated to infinite. So if you lean forward or backward you don't get more far or closer to infinite, and Hud picture keeps same size.

But not the Hud glass that gets bigger and become able to show all the Hud picture when you lean forward.

In DCS the worst case I see is with the A-10c's Hud. But it seems that in real life A10 pilots have to lean forward to be able to see the full Hud picture so ....

Changing the size of Hud picture seems tricky as it would mess up accuracy of Hud sights (ccip etc ....)

Thank you, that’s is what I have read but I want to be sure asking.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro

Try to adjust moving the seat forward with RCTL + RSHF + NUM* or backwards with RCTL + RSHF + NUM/ to see if it improves the situation a bit.

Thank you Rudel, I will try that.

When switching between weapon systems or, i have to adjust my head position all the time while fyling, that I am able to see all infos in the HUD.

Put the view-controls on e.g. RShift+RCtrl+JoystickPOV-Hat. Then its ez to adjust while in fights.

When switching between weapon systems or, i have to adjust my head position all the time while fyling, that I am able to see all infos in the HUD.

Put the view-controls on e.g. RShift+RCtrl+JoystickPOV-Hat. Then its ez to adjust while in fights.

That is a clever solution, thank you. Now I can see that I’m not the only one dealing with that issue.