In-Game Scratchpad Mod Available - Works Great In VR!

Fubarbrickdust

;3956068']awesome mod ... couldnt download the files however.

Just created the files and the filestructure and followed the instructions - et voila :D

Yah, great mod.

FYI, if you use VoiceAttack, you can use the ScratchPad hands free. See post #50 in this thread.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Just tried the Mod and it is not working anymore sad.gif ... I've sent a mail to the author, at GitHub, to see if he can update it.

Works fine for me on 2.5.5.:huh:

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

Silly question but can I install this mod if I have DCS installed via Steam?

Valve Index

AMD Ryzev 7 2700X | X470 AORUS Gaming 7 | Samsung SSD 970 PRO 512GB NVMe | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series DDR4 3000 32GB | MSI GeForce RTX 2080 | LIAN LI PC-O11 Dynamic | Windows 10

P1 Sim Rig | VPC T-50CM2 Grip | VPC T-50CM Base & Throttle | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals V2 w/ Damper | Behringer Amp & Bass Transducers

• 3 weeks later...

Would it be possible to import a mini-keyboard into this mod or into a cockpit with this mod to eliminate the need to use the regular keyboard? Using my regular keyboard is always kind of a pain to use and certainly destroys VR Immersion.

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

Curious: how is this useful in VR if you have to lift the headset to type into the scratchpad?

I suppose some people can type 'blind' like that with no problem; I don't have to be looking at the keyboard to type, but I DO have to at least have it in my FOV not to fat finger everything into unintelligibly.

How are you guys utilizing this?

I am going to have to revisit voiceattack I guess

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

Curious: how is this useful in VR if you have to lift the headset to type into the scratchpad?

I suppose some people can type 'blind' like that with no problem; I don't have to be looking at the keyboard to type, but I DO have to at least have it in my FOV not to fat finger everything into unintelligibly.

I use VoiceAttack myself.

See post #50

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 2 weeks later...

Having the same issue with not being able to get the mod to pop up in VR. Works in regular screen mode, but no window in VR. Not sure why it stopped working.

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

Having the same issue with not being able to get the mod to pop up in VR. Works in regular screen mode, but no window in VR. Not sure why it stopped working.

I use an Oculus Rift CV1 and have no issues in that sense.

Have you tried using the hot-key to open and close the window?

The only caveat I have with this add-on, is that if you still have the cursor focus on the scratch-pad and close the window, the focus stays on the scratch-pad and cannot be taken from it, without opening the window again and pressing <Esc>. It feels really crazy, like DCS has lost its mind :D

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone running the VoiceAttack profile, kindly provided by @Chic in post #50, alongside VAICOM Pro and, if so, how did you combine the two profiles?

Edit: Ah, never mind, i've just found post #65. Thanks @Crowebar, for answering my question before i asked it. :)

Edited by Greyman

I'm not using it, but I've created one for me and imported the profile of VAICOM. So I can add command for the avionics without changing the VAICOM profile. And it works fine.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

I've just published a new release (0.3.0): https://github.com/rkusa/dcs-scratchpad/releases/tag/0.3.0

Highlights:

- Multi-page support

- Single-player only: added a button to automatically insert F10 mark labels with their text and coords into the scrachpad

Edit: Fixed the content migration https://github.com/rkusa/dcs-scratchpad/releases/tag/0.3.1

Edited by n26

Author of Scratchpad, DATIS, and maintainer of DCS-gRPC.

My Man!!!

JUST CHOPPERS

I've just published a new release (0.3.0): https://github.com/rkusa/dcs-scratchpad/releases/tag/0.3.0

Highlights:

- Multi-page support

- Single-player only: added a button to automatically insert F10 mark labels with their text and coords into the scrachpad

Hey thanks for all your great work!

However I cant get multi-page to work. Maybe because I didnt have a Scratchpad folder in my openbeta. Anyway. I've fiddled with it for a while but cant seem to solve it.

Otherwise working perfectly. The window of focus thing can be kinda annoying but most of these VR annoyances will iron out hopefully.

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

App still does not work for me in VR. I can get it to work on my monitor. I press the hotkeys and nothing happens. Not sure why. Anyonelese having issues?

I have an index. That is the only change I've made since it stopped working.

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

App still does not work for me in VR. I can get it to work on my monitor. I press the hotkeys and nothing happens. Not sure why. Anyonelese having issues?

I have an index. That is the only change I've made since it stopped working.

Working both desktop and vr but I'm a Oculus user.

Hey thanks for all your great work!

However I cant get multi-page to work. Maybe because I didnt have a Scratchpad folder in my openbeta. Anyway. I've fiddled with it for a while but cant seem to solve it.

Otherwise working perfectly. The window of focus thing can be kinda annoying but most of these VR annoyances will iron out hopefully.

Same, unable to get pages working. Launches fine, just doesn't create any pages, and when user created files, no joy as well.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Okaaaaaaay, here's what you need to do.

1. Download the new version of Scratchpad.

2. Copy the 'Scripts' folder from the downloaded archive into your '..\Saved Games\DCS{.openbeta}' folder, overwriting previously installed Scratchpad™ files.

3. IF you have previously used Scratchpad™, navigate to '..\Saved Games\DCS{.openbeta}\Config' and delete the 'ScratchpadConfig.lua' file. You way wish to save a copy if you are interested in the previous content of the Scratchpad™ window.

4. Navigate back to '..\Saved Games\DCS{.openbeta}' and create a folder named ''Scratchpad' and enter this.

5. Create 1 or more files named 0000.txt, 0001.txt, etc., one for each page you wish to have available in-game for use with Scratchpad™. The readme says you don't have to use this name-format, but doesn't say what is allowed nor required. I assume, any set of names which will be sorted alphanumerically. Files names, without extensions, will appear at the top of the Scratchpad™ window. You may edit them and fill them with text (maybe useful between missions) or leave them as they are. They will maintain their content between missions.

6. Start DCS, load a mission and join it. Press <Ctrl><Shift><x> to open Scratchpad™. This creates the default '..\Saved Games\DCS{.openbeta}\Config\ScratchpadConfig.lua' file the first time Scratchpad™ is run.

7. Quit DCS to desktop, and edit 'ScratchpadConfig.lua' to configure Scratchpad™ to use a hotkey of your liking. Insure that DCS is not already using the hotkey you select. Scratchpad™ cannot do this for you, or don't quit if you do not wish to change the hotkey, stay in-mission and enjoy.

That's it. That's as comprehensive as I know. Have fun!

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I have Scratchpad working with my Reverb headset and Voice Attack; however, Scratchpad speech to text accuracy is poor. I am native English speaker and have no accuracy issues with VA. I have gone through the Win 10 voice recognition training (but prior to 1903 update). Do I need more advanced voice training, some other? Anyone else have this problem?

Scratchpad speech to text accuracy is poor

That's not a part of ScratchPad. It is VoiceAttack or more precise Windows voice recognition. I would test the standard dictation mode in Windows and if the result is even worse, do the training again.

I usally do the training 3 times one after the other. Then the result is good.

As far as I know in dictation mode it is far more complex for the engine to recognize what has been said.

But I'll try the mod with dictation mode in the next days.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

I want to use scratchpad in VR to aurally record coordinates, from JTAC for example, but Scratchpad produces lots of misunderstood text. "North" usually prints as "Nor". Sometimes it produces numerals, sometimes spelled numbers. Mistakes numbers for other words, etc. I will try voice training again.