Tell Carole I love her... not meg

PSYKOnz

Shouldn’t it be “tell Carole i love her” and not “tell meg I love her”?

Meg Ryan was the actor who played Carole Bradshaw a Certain now deceased RIOs (god rest him) wife

Either jester is mixed up on his top gun trivia or he’s got a thing for Meg Ryan, I’m not sure which of those I find more disturbing

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

^^This. When writing these lines I tried to avoid direct Top Gun recreations as much as I could, apart from the occasional easter egg here and there. There would be nothing original about it. What we tried and what worked so brilliantly through improvisation with Graywolf in large parts, was to tap into the cultural background that formed the ground on which Top Gun grew as well. Making him a Carole lover would break the rules of his reality, too, as he was not in the movie. He is not Michael Ironside/Jester or Goose. He is just Jester.

He is his own character, and he is rooted in the 80s, and in the 80s everyone was in love with Meg Ryan. That's why, when he says "do some of that pilot shit", he does not immitate Top Gun, but quotes it. We tried to get these nuances in (although now I am not sure we did :D). And since he lives his own Top Gun, maybe Mad Max is someone who inspires him more even, or Tina Turner, or Star Wars and Beverly Hills Cop. The question during writing/directing for me was, what did he just see in the theatres and what would he like. What music would he have listened to during his time, what was in, what was out and so on. And Grayson found the perfect tone and persona for him, he made it very clear what Jester liked and what he didnt like, where he came from and so on. He is a child of his day and age for sure, but it was important that he did not turn into a copy cat. That he has his own mind, humor and style. That's what I hope we achieved with him (and will continue to improve) :)

Edited by IronMike

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I find myself reaching a point of utter admiration and respect for you guys have done and continue to do.

I really don’t know what else to say, damn you guys are good

I agree, great job fellas.

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

I think Jester is a movie fan, not 'in the world', so to speak.

Echoing what others have said, what you guys have done with the Jester AI is totally revolutionary. As we go forward, we know he's going to get better and better.

If Graywolf ever get bored and has time... (right!)

It would be amazing to have some demonstration call outs from Jester! I am sure Graywolf would know what I mean...

I could really use speed call outs during the double Immelmann and especial the high speed passes:

"Wings moving...wings moving..."

".97... .98... .98.... .99!!!....DUDE!!!!" :D