Graphical issues since update

Bagpipe

Hi

Among other things i seem to have gained flickering clouds when viewed from above and also the sea looks blocky in the distance.

has anybody else experienced this?

think i may need a fresh install after update at this rate :cry:

Hi

Among other things i seem to have gained flickering clouds when viewed from above and also the sea looks blocky in the distance.

has anybody else experienced this?

think i may need a fresh install after update at this rate :cry:

If you haven't resolved it yet, before uninstalling and reinstalling DCS - check your graphics card driver. I had this, then updated it to the most current version and removed that issue completely. Actually able to crank many more settings up, especially considering the graphics card I am running and using virtual reality (then updated again today to the newest one 20190820 release with no negative impact).

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

If you haven't resolved it yet, before uninstalling and reinstalling DCS - check your graphics card driver. I had this, then updated it to the most current version and removed that issue completely. Actually able to crank many more settings up, especially considering the graphics card I am running and using virtual reality (then updated again today to the newest one 20190820 release with no negative impact).

Cheers,

Don

Just updated drivers before commenting. Cheers for reply though

Hey i will give this a go and report back. So just delete the folders and run a repair yeah?

Try repair, then delete folders and start dcs to make new folders. Am wondering if these are settings issues. I recall fixing flickering clouds with a setting change. Not sure but it might have been view distance. Water looks horrible on low setting too.

Have you tried a repair and/or deleting fxo and metashaders 2 folders in Saved Games/ DCS folder?

Hey that's done it by the way! Thanks! Remembered reading about doing this after updates a while back too so feeling not so clever now! :(:music_whistling:

Deleted the wrong fxo and metashaders (the ones in main folder not saved games0 but repaired it and all good again

EDIT: That hasn't done it as it happens. It appears to be when density of clouds is higher that they begin to flicker, now seeing it from below also. WIll toy with GPU settings and see if i can stop it that way

Edited by Bagpipe

Hey that's done it by the way! Thanks! Remembered reading about doing this after updates a while back too so feeling not so clever now! :(:music_whistling:

Deleted the wrong fxo and metashaders (the ones in main folder not saved games0 but repaired it and all good again

Nice, glad you got it fixed! I do that every time before booting DCS (BigNewey recommendation) and it has worked a treat for me. No idea why, as computers code/programming/script stuff really isn't something I've every dug into - but glad that trick has worked for others as well!

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Nice, glad you got it fixed! I do that every time before booting DCS (BigNewey recommendation) and it has worked a treat for me. No idea why, as computers code/programming/script stuff really isn't something I've every dug into - but glad that trick has worked for others as well!

Cheers,

Don

They're back! Seems to be at a certain cloud density now appearing from below and above. Its like a rave up there!

Very noticeable on BD's Mig19 campaign due to very atmospheric levels of cloud.

Getting pretty frustrating and any google search only shows up posts from 2015 etc with no fixes reported apart from updates

Hey, so just ran another few tests and this seems to be a specific campaign bug. I have reported to developer and asked for their input.

:thumbup:

They're back! Seems to be at a certain cloud density now appearing from below and above. Its like a rave up there!

Very noticeable on BD's Mig19 campaign due to very atmospheric levels of cloud.

Getting pretty frustrating and any google search only shows up posts from 2015 etc with no fixes reported apart from updates

That's what it was! Cloud density. I knew I had issue with settings. I think its just density 9 when youre above clouds you get it. That has been around for a while but maybe there are other issues going on now too.