Eastern Friendship - An F/A-18 Campaign on the Caucasus Map By Sedlo

I screwed up, hit the wrong button, and had to start over. The good thing is that flying right over the runway fixed my problem. No longer getting told I did something wrong in the pattern. And it's not like I got through the 2 missions w/o cheating anyway, so I am learning as I do my redo. Thank you. 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 7:14 AM, CBStu said:

I screwed up, hit the wrong button, and had to start over. The good thing is that flying right over the runway fixed my problem. No longer getting told I did something wrong in the pattern. And it's not like I got through the 2 missions w/o cheating anyway, so I am learning as I do my redo. Thank you. 

Awesome, hope you enjoy the last few missions!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

I really enjoy this campaign. I had no problems with missions 1 and 2. Huge problem with 29's in mission 3, but finally defeated them after 20 times 😄

Now I am working on mission 4 and have some troubles:

1. I have a feeling, there's somethong wrong with Mk-83's and a bunker (primary target). I am dropping one pair, they visually hit the target and explode, but I have no confirmation about success hit. It comes 1-3 mins later, probably as the effect of my Wingman proper attack.

2. Mission timing: a have a feeling, that I come there too early. I start as instructed, wait for push-time at WP3 (4:40), then wait for attack command (4:42)> I am travelling about few miles behing Colts 61, 62. I am able to attack the primary, MiG's are up, but I am not able to get even closer to the airfield, every time attacked by deadly SA-8s from about 4-5 mile distance.

Is it normal? Should SAMs be taken earlier by other allied group? Or should I just live with them and try to get to the secondary target?

Edited by Padre Pio

Hi @Padre Pio!  I'm glad you're enjoying the campaign so far.

The primary target is the warehouse, you only need to hit the secondary if you can't get to the primary.

As far as the weapons go, double check that the weapons you are dropping are MK-84 and not MK-83.  The target requires the larger bomb to be effective, the MK-83 won't reliably destroy it.

The SA-8 on the airfield is targeted by an allied flight, but they will not reliably kill them.  There are additional threats that pop up if you fly too high on the approach to the target.

Thank you very much @Sedlo! In fact, they really are Mk-84, I don't know how I could see a different digits 😊

This time I've thrown all the load 2x2 with 50ft interval and had a comment that "........destroyed" but I haven't got a personal score for that (I think it's because of some bugs in actual stable version).

After that I ran away like a wild into the open see, defeated one Mig with a gun and directed to WP7. The mission and total campaign is finished.

Really nice and immersive, I hope to see more of your products!

Edited by Padre Pio
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Padre Pio said:

Thank you very much @Sedlo! In fact, they really are Mk-84, I don't know how I could see a different digits 😊

This time I've thrown all the load 2x2 with 50ft interval and had a comment that "........destroyed" but I haven't got a personal score for that (I think it's because of some bugs in actual stable version).

After that I ran away like a wild into the open see, defeated one Mig with a gun and directed to WP7. The mission and total campaign is finished.

Really nice and immersive, I hope to see more of your products!

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Padre!  I've got some more missions on the User Files section that you may be interested in.

• 1 month later...

Absolutely incredible campaign.

Just finished it. Super Immersive all the way through. Love the voice overs, the radio switching, and the variety of scenarios.

Thank you Sedlo, please make more, to accompany the newer hornet features 😉
:clap:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

19 hours ago, luza said:

Absolutely incredible campaign.

Just finished it. Super Immersive all the way through. Love the voice overs, the radio switching, and the variety of scenarios.

Thank you Sedlo, please make more, to accompany the newer hornet features 😉
:clap:

Hey @luza!  Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you enjoyed the campaign.  I do have a 13 mission Hornet campaign in the works for the Persian Gulf map and the Supercarrier.  I also have a couple of other Hornet missions in the user files section if you're interested.

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, nikoel said:

Hey @Sedlo

Just wanted to thank you for the work. As soon as you release your new one it will be an instant purchase from me

Your four missions are a benchmark for every paid campaign that is seldom equaled 

Kind words, indeed!  Thank you very much, @nikoel!  I hope you enjoy what I have been working on.

Hi Sedlo,

I just finished the campaign. I got mission 4 on the first attempt. I think i put 2 x 2 Mk84's into that bunker. I probably only needed the first 2. I want to thank you for mission 3. That took about 5 attempts. I think I can AAR confidently now because of it (despite the turbulence). I liked the format you used with voice overs. Immersive and enjoyable. I am getting better at this new hobby thanks to you.

Who knows i I get confident enough I might play on a server. I still struggle to spot bandits though.

Cheers from Australia.

• Like 1

PC Hardware: i9-12900k, RTX 3080 10GB, 32GB DDR5 4400MHz, NVME.2 Drives, Alienware 38" 3840x1600 144MHz Monitor, TrackIR Pro Clip, HP Reverb G2 V2 

Flight Controls: Winwing Orion 1 FA-18 Stick and Throttle HOTAS / Logitech Rudder Pedals

DCS Modules: Too many to list after the 15 year sale

3 hours ago, Chief_Biv said:

Hi Sedlo,

I just finished the campaign. I got mission 4 on the first attempt. I think i put 2 x 2 Mk84's into that bunker. I probably only needed the first 2. I want to thank you for mission 3. That took about 5 attempts. I think I can AAR confidently now because of it (despite the turbulence). I liked the format you used with voice overs. Immersive and enjoyable. I am getting better at this new hobby thanks to you.

Who knows i I get confident enough I might play on a server. I still struggle to spot bandits though.

Cheers from Australia.

Thanks for the nice words, Chief!

Spotting is super hard in DCS, I’m hoping it is improved soon 😉

see you online sometime!