Eastern Friendship - An F/A-18 Campaign on the Caucasus Map By Sedlo

Eastern Friendship - An F/A-18 Campaign on the Caucasus Map By Sedlo

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301137/

Eastern Friendship is a 4 mission mini campaign for the DCS F/A-18 module on the Caucasus map. Each mission features in depth briefing guides, a ton of custom scripts and voice overs which will present you with a very realistic taste of modern air combat.

This campaign will test your skills in all aspects of CF-18 Hornet operations, fr om air to air to air to ground to aerial refuelling and almost everything in between.

This is a fictional, “what if”, scenario where Georgia had hurriedly joined NATO prior to the full scale Russian invasions of South Ossetia and Abkhazia.

USAF, USMC, Canadian and French air power has begun basing at airbases around Georgia proper, and have commenced defensive air operations. Currently, NATO air forces are cleared to operate within the territorial boundaries of Georgia, and are cleared to conduct strikes to support NATO ground forces within Georgian Airspace.

Unzip this file into: C:\Users\*yourname*\Saved Games\DCS\Missions\Campaigns\en

Notes about the campaign:

1. Each mission briefing has a link a dropbox folder where you will find the mission documents. Familiarize yourself with the mission briefs, target photos and intelligence reports prior to jumping into the cockpit!

2. This mission is trigger based, which means that in order for the mission to work, certain things must be done. This may include using the Radio Menu / F10 option to initiate taxi, or to terminate air refueling.

3. You must fly to your assigned route or way point, unless otherwise directed by ATC or MAGIC. Of course, if you get jumped by the bad guys, HONOUR THE THREAT!

4. DO NOT CHANGE THE WEAPONS LOADOUTS! You quite possibly will break the mission. Fly with the weapons your operations officers give you! (having said that, I will take any suggestions you might have and possibly incorporate them into future missions).

5. Have fun with it! I've worked an incredible about of time on these four missions. I really do hope you like them! If you do, let me know here, or in the forums

6. https://forums.eagle.ru/member.php?u=129258 is my DCS profile, if you want to discuss anything non publicly, you can shoot me a PM through that link. If you found the campaign to be fun, donations are always welcome, too.

Special thanks to my voice over folks!

HoneyBadger

T-Money

Spudknocker

Shack

billybezeau

512_ef_logo.jpg

Played the first 2. Enjoyed them thus far. Wingie saved the second mission for me... I decided the best kill is over kill and let loose all 4 the 83's on the bunker. Something blew, I dunno what. Then the next contact occurred and and luckily the wingie took care of it.

Excellent campaign! More of the same please, its challenging! The only issue I have found is that the easy engine start does not like the freezing temps and cuts out after the Starboard engine has started. Looks to be a bug with the Aircraft as I have found it in my own mini missions.

what a nice CP, fantastic! would be nice to fly a MP with 4 Hornets!

CU you in the * AIR *  ^AirWolf

PC > BE QUIIET Power 1000 W ATX 3.0 * ROG STRIX Z690-F * i7-12700 KF * DDR5-6000 64 GB * M.2 980 EVO PRO 2 TB * RX 7900 XTX 24 MB XFX MERC 310 BLACK EDITION  *

Finished it last night. Enjoyed all the missions, good balance between travel and action, and difficulty of targets. VO's were great and the extra flavour audio (laughing track) did a great job with immersion.

Press "F" to pay respects for my wingie on the CAP mission though. I sent him in as a meat shield while I was rippling AIM-7's. Unfortunately for the Wingie, Operation Human Shield worked as intended.

Some advice to other folks on the last mission. Make sure you hit your numbers. Don't be like me and be 60 secs ahead of the SEAD flight.

Awesome mini campaign..thanks a lot for your work. Is wingman on radio one? When I tell him to engage he doesn't seem to do anything, pretty sure he did at one point change formation when I asked him to.

Made it to mission 2, used my guns on the troops but ran out of ammo and was hoping the wingman would take care of it but I don't think he was listening.

Either way I really am enjoying it!

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Awesome mini campaign..thanks a lot for your work. Is wingman on radio one? When I tell him to engage he doesn't seem to do anything, pretty sure he did at one point change formation when I asked him to.

Made it to mission 2, used my guns on the troops but ran out of ammo and was hoping the wingman would take care of it but I don't think he was listening.

Either way I really am enjoying it!

The missions use easy communications, so I found commanding the Wingie from '/' Auto menu worked getting him to be useful.

The missions use easy communications, so I found commanding the Wingie from '/' Auto menu worked getting him to be useful.
Ah ok I think I have easy comms unchecked in the settings. I do have my hotas bound to comms menu in the controls options which should be the '/'.

I'll have to double check later.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Very good campaign !!!

Done first and second missions, no problem commanding wingman to attack tgts.

Just found out auto-startup in mission 2 seems to be broken... solved opening mission in me and setting plane as "start from parking hot".

I know i have to learn how to fire up the bird ^_^

L.C.

Just wondering if I missed a trigger somewhere in misison 3. I took out the large Russian aircraft as instructed with guns. I quickly noticed there were migs off to my right so I locked one up and told wingman to engage. I ended up shooting the two migs down but then I didn't hear anything else in terms of voice overs. The wingman also ended up splashing a mig too.

So I flew back to waypoint 3 through 5 and then proceeded back to base. Was told to break right hand pattern for landing and after I landed it said misison failure and that some drunken crew accidentally shot town an airliner.

Score was 100 but results showed 0. I think I missed a trigger somewhere?

Granted I just got done right after I saw your post about updating the misison versions.

If you bagged the

two MiGs you should have gotten the RTB message and get deemed successful.. The only thing I can thing of is perhaps you crossed the Russian/Abkhazia border, which would trigger a failure. But that should still make the RTB trigger work.

I'll dig into it and try and see what happened?

Do you happen to have a .trk file you can send me?

Just wondering if I missed a trigger somewhere in misison 3. I took out the large Russian aircraft as instructed with guns. I quickly noticed there were migs off to my right so I locked one up and told wingman to engage. I ended up shooting the two migs down but then I didn't hear anything else in terms of voice overs. The wingman also ended up splashing a mig too.

So I flew back to waypoint 3 through 5 and then proceeded back to base. Was told to break right hand pattern for landing and after I landed it said misison failure and that some drunken crew accidentally shot town an airliner.

Score was 100 but results showed 0. I think I missed a trigger somewhere?

Granted I just got done right after I saw your post about updating the misison versions.

Edited by Sedlo

If you bagged the two MiGs you should have gotten the RTB message and get deemed successful.. The only thing I can thing of is perhaps you crossed the Russian/Abkhazia border, which would trigger a failure. But that should still make the RTB trigger work. I'll dig into it and try and see what happened?

Do you happen to have a .trk file you can send me?

Damn I should have saved that track and you would have laughed your butt off at me grabbing fuel prior to that.

Yup I did cross the border because after the wingman got one mig and I got the other I didn't hear any voice overs other than splash mig from my character. I thought there was another mig somewhere and I called out to magic and he gave me some bogey at 35k feet which I felt was not where I wanted to go, this is when I heard that I had gone past the border and I was asked to return.

I'll do it again and try to skip the refueling part next time to see what happens. No worries, these missions are great!

You should collaborate with Baltic dragon later down the road and make a full f18 campaign..I would totally pay for it as I can tell you put quality of time in these.