[ALL MODULES][SP/CO-OP] Liberation Dynamic Campaign

I love this! it really adds a LOT to DCS! I did nothing a problem though. Using RC9 several times even setting the mission generator to have my flight start cold it starts off in flight. This has happened even with deleting the flight and changing from a CAS to CAP with the same results. It doesn't always happen, so can't pinpoint how to recreate the issue.

Program doesn't start

Hi guys,

just downloaded the campaign. When i open the liberation_main.exe I see the black text box and loading screen. I had to assign the user saved games folder and DCS main folder. Then the program quited.

After i started the program again, I only see the black text box, the loading screen and that's it. Menu will not show up... How can I fix this?

Grtz

Came across this from Samurai 1-1's channel on Youtube by pure chance.

Looked like fun.

However this is all I ever get after flying.

unknown.png

As far as I can say mission setup wise; doing a cold war 1965 on Caucasus Western Georgia [recommended], start date of Fall 1970

I've tried it twice now rebuilding the mission... twice; and this same error has popped up both times.

edit- just tried modern timeline and same thing happened.

Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by XCNuse

Looked like fun.

unknown.png

As far as I can say mission setup wise; doing a cold war 1965 on Caucasus Western Georgia [recommended], start date of Fall 1970

I've tried it twice now rebuilding the mission... twice; and this same error has popped up both times.

Anyone have any ideas?

I think you forgot to attach the error??

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Looked like fun.

unknown.png

Anyone have any ideas?

After giving a try I had same error

just noticed v2.0 is out, and it looks very promising. thanks a lot guys !!

is there any official thread where v2 topics are discussed? -couldn't find anything here...

thanks

hilok

Please update the initial post. Everyone new to this topic starts with 1.5 instead of the more sophisticated 2.0 version.

Thx

Looked like fun.

Anyone have any ideas?

Try this: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4404828&postcount=587

Hi guys,

just downloaded the campaign. When i open the liberation_main.exe I see the black text box and loading screen. I had to assign the user saved games folder and DCS main folder. Then the program quited.

After i started the program again, I only see the black text box, the loading screen and that's it. Menu will not show up... How can I fix this?

Grtz

had this myself when i first started the gui would flash for a sec than quit all i had to do was to delete the saved lib game in your saved games under dcs folder

Got in touch with Khopa for anyone else having this issue it came down to this:

- Check the content of the file <dcs_installation_directory>/Scripts/MissionScripting.lua

- Check if it match the file provided in <dcs_liberation_directory>/resources/scripts/MissionScripting.lua

If it doesn't match replace the file in DCS scripts folder.

In theory Liberation SHOULD be replacing that file when you launch it; it was not happening for me.

Please update the initial post. Everyone new to this topic starts with 1.5 instead of the more sophisticated 2.0 version.

Thx

You do realize his version is a different one built off the one posted here right? It's not the same OP

I am pretty sure Khopa (actual campaign developer) said he would be on trip without internet access. Maybe when he comes back we can ask for a proper Topic as both versions deserves own discussion. Guess this would help a lot of people with proper info and some ppl don't even know there is a new version out there.

A-10C / AJS-37 / AV-8B / BF-109 / KA-50 / F-14 / F-16C / F-5E / F/A-18C / FC3 / JF-17 / F-86 / M-2000C / MiG-21bis / P-51D / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / UH-1H Huey

What a shame. Unbelievable actually.

It is a project that someone does in his free time just for fun and it is open source. So if you think something is so badly done that it is "a shame" just do it better by yourself and contribute. Like Khopa did, as he is not the one who invented this thing but thought some things could be done better, so he did it better.

It looks like Khopa is pleased by constructive criticism, as he responds often to it and integrates suggested features in new versions of Liberation 2.0. But "shame" and "unbelievable" is not constructive and neither it is motivating for someone who is programming this app just for fun.

very cool mod. quick question. didn't see an answer in the wiki...

Can I only buy new aircraft/assets at the start of the campaign. in my current campaign on turn 3, i don't have a way to buy more stuff.

also, if i start a new campaign, does it just overwrite the old one? do i need to delete the old one? wouldn't mind starting over now that i am getting the hang of it.

thanks!

It is a project that someone does in his free time just for fun and it is open source. So if you think something is so badly done that it is "a shame" just do it better by yourself and contribute. Like Khopa did, as he is not the one who invented this thing but thought some things could be done better, so he did it better.

It looks like Khopa is pleased by constructive criticism, as he responds often to it and integrates suggested features in new versions of Liberation 2.0. But "shame" and "unbelievable" is not constructive and neither it is motivating for someone who is programming this app just for fun.

I endorse the statements made by you, Khopa is very polite with everybody here, and we must help him to improve the DCS Liberation with good ideas and good critical comentaries