Persian Gulf Missions

BIGNEWY

• 1 month later...

F/A-18C Strike Fighter (Full mission version)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303178/

This is a remix of Wags' "Hornet Mission of the Week" - fleshed out to include a carrier start, additional briefing docs, additional ambient radio messages for the ingress, and a few small revisions. The "core" mission remains the same - fight your way into the AO, bomb the target, and get home in one piece.

This mission requires the Persian Gulf map (and the F/A-18C).

STRIKE.jpg

Strike%20Fighter%20mapV2.jpg

-------------------------

Ingress to target as briefed - push from WP2 at 1745L, maintain formation with your flight lead to the AO.

Destroy the SOC at waypoint 4, ref briefing images.

Multiple SA-6 SAM sites are situated in the Shiraz area. These will be targeted by the SEAD flight. Short-range air defenses in the target area include 23m AAA and SA-13 SAMs.

Return safely to the Stennis - ref briefing images for comms/beacon information.

--------------------------

Do let me know of any comments here or via private message - thanks for playing!

Edited by kaba
Updated URL
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

IADC, would it be possible to re record the audio tracks so they are louder or include a text block to read? It was kind of hard to hear them. Also sometimes the F-5 CAP/CAS flight goes after the C-130. Also for some reason the AH-1 bee lines for the SA-2 and gets hit at the enemy FARP by AAA. Is that intended?

Otherwise the Sand Fly mission has been plenty of fun.

Thanks!

The Two-week War

Mediafire link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1ppuoodzq8z1z8p/The+Two-week+War.7z

(Will also be available on DCS World after moderator review)

The Two-week War README

-by JMarso

This is a pack of 14 single player missions for the F-14B Tomcat, set in the Persian Gulf in February of 2005, depicting a fictional conflict with Iran. Given the available units in DCS, the makeup of the various naval groups and the air wing are also entirely fictional, with no correlation to ships and squadrons actively deployed to the Gulf during that real-life timeframe.

The missions commence as the CSG is preparing to transit the Strait of Hormuz and begin a regular deployment. The first five missions are relatively uneventful, and useful as training scenarios. Starting around Mission 6 is where the shooting really begins. The player will experience A/A and A/G combat, along with day and night CV operations, along with a couple of opportunities to relish the scenery on the PG map. The action starts off light, then builds in intensity. The final mission is a large-scale battle that may tax your system, depending on specs.

All missions are noob friendly. You almost always start on the catapult; in a few missions you start hot on the ramp / deck and must taxi into position to go. No cold starts in this mission pack.

NOTE:

Originally, these missions were built with the Alerax LSO mod incorporated into them. Given the fact that LSO functionality is starting to show up in the latest updates, the LSO mod was removed. In the briefings, there are certain frequencies designated for Marshall and LSO. These can be ignored now.

Right now, the mission pack requires the U.S. Navy Deck Equipment mod. Later, when the animated deck crews are implemented, this mod will be revised.

In a similar vein, all A/G missions were built using ‘dumb’ weapons due to LANTIRN capability for Jester not existing yet. If you play with the LANTIRN mod, you can conceivably change loadouts in the mission planner and fly some of these missions a little differently than they are designed. In the future, when full LANTIRN capability is available via Jester, at least a couple of the missions will undergo revision.

A few of the missions contain custom voice files. (I’m a mediocre voice actor at best) Most extraneous communications happen via message.

The last mission (14 The Big Event) had some crashing issues in initial testing; I pretty much narrowed this down to trying to pack too much ancillary stuff into the mission to make it epic. I’ve pared it down for stability, but you will see units listed in the brief that don’t show up on the F10 map during play. They are still there in spirit! ????

Installation

Module Requirements:

DCS Open Beta

F-14 Tomcat module by Heatblur

Persian Gulf Map

Required Mods:

U.S. Navy Deck Equipment https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301580/

Naval MOD collection https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3304473/

Civ Boats V1 https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302670/?sphrase_id=18393017

Recommended Mods:

F-14 VF-41 Black Aces 1991 V2 https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3304338/

VF-86 Sidewinders Line Bird https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3300821/?sphrase_id=18393294

Tacitcal Call Sign Mod Version 1.0 https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302236/?sphrase_id=18393301

Recommended mods will make squadrons, liveries, and callsigns match the mission designs and briefs. The missions will still function without them, but portions of the briefs will no longer make sense.

Install:

Download and install the required mods, and the recommended mods if desired.

Unzip “The Two-week War” mod folder to your designated OvGME mod folder, and then activate it. The missions should show up in DCS in your F-14 Single Missions folder.

To manually install the missions in the F-14 mission folder, use the following filepath:

DCS World OpenBeta/Mods/aircraft/F14/missions/single

Alternatively, you can drop the individual mission files into your Saved Games mission folder and play them from there. If you want to alter the missions using the ME, the .miz files should be placed in your Saved Games mission folder.

Un-Installation

Either de-activate the mod in OvGME, or follow the filepath you used to manually install the missions and delete them from that folder.

Permissions

This mod is distributed as freeware. Nobody is permitted to use this content for purposes of obtaining money or any other form of compensation. Anyone wishing to modify these files, use them for a campaign, convert them to MP use, or to use them as part of another freeware mod release is free to do so- credit where due is always appreciated!

Disclaimers

As with all mods, install and use at your own risk.

Mission List / Summary

01 Deployed to the Gulf:

Fly a CAP mission designed to help the CSG staff map Iranian air defenses in the Gulf of Oman.

02 Liberty Call at Al Minhad:

Lead a division of Tomcats to Al Minhad for a ‘show the flag’ liaison visit with the UAE.

03 Bombcat Demo:

Fly a low-level bombing mission through the UAE mountains and desert to demonstrate the Tomcat’s abilities as a striker to UAE military observers.

04 Dubai by Moonlight:

Return to the strike group on a night hop. The good news is that you get a look at Dubai at night. The bad news is that you’re trapping in the dark.

05 Chosin SAG Transits the Strait:

Fly a CAP mission covering the transit of another U.S. naval group.

06 Early Morning Buzzkill:

An unexpected provocation results in a surprise ready alert launch and an international incident.

07 Maritime Rescue Operations:

Fly CAP over a rescue operation after the Iranians conduct an unprovoked attack on an Allied freighter in the Gulf.

08 Lavan Retaliatory Strike:

Take part in an Alpha Strike on Lavan Island in response to previous Iranian aggression.

09 Lavan Follow-up Strike:

Conduct a runway cratering dawn strike on the airfield at Lavan Island

10 Abu Musa Naval Interdiction:

Participate in an ASUW air-surface action against Iranian naval units and cargo vessels attempting to move forces to Abu Musa Island.

11 SAR Operations:

Fly a combined AAW/ASUW SUCAP over a SAR mission to rescue an aviator downed in Gulf waters.

12 Kill the Kilo:

What? The Tomcat can’t do ASW? Nonsense. Bomb a damaged Iranian submarine surfaced at Tunb Kochak.

13 Night Ready Launch:

Foil a rare Iranian attempt to conduct a night sneak-attack on the battle group.

14 The Big Event:

Participate in a major battle over the Strait of Hormuz as the 5th Fleet forces an Expeditionary Strike Group through the contested choke point.

For mission hints/tips, see the associated file included in the zip package.

Edited by jmarso
  • Like 1

For the above mission pack, is anyone having any problems with the Lavan Alpha Strike?

I recently realized the way it's set up, the player might get drawn off a trigger point and the remainder of the strike package would then never spawn.

The first two enemy fighters that show up WILL be shot down by the SAG and can be safely ignored as you make your way to WP1.

I'll probably revise this one a bit the next time I need to do a revision for something else. (The arrival of the carrier module, deck crew animations, and so on...)

• 3 weeks later...

These sound amazing jmarso!

Is is possible to mod them to be coop? with 2-4 F14s?

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

• 5 months later...
Mediafire link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1ppuoodzq8z1z8p/The+Two-week+War.7z

(Will also be available on DCS World after moderator review)

The Two-week War README

-by JMarso

This is a pack of 14 single player missions for the F-14B Tomcat, set in the Persian Gulf in February of 2005, depicting a fictional conflict with Iran. Given the available units in DCS, the makeup of the various naval groups and the air wing are also entirely fictional, with no correlation to ships and squadrons actively deployed to the Gulf during that real-life timeframe.

The missions commence as the CSG is preparing to transit the Strait of Hormuz and begin a regular deployment. The first five missions are relatively uneventful, and useful as training scenarios. Starting around Mission 6 is where the shooting really begins. The player will experience A/A and A/G combat, along with day and night CV operations, along with a couple of opportunities to relish the scenery on the PG map. The action starts off light, then builds in intensity. The final mission is a large-scale battle that may tax your system, depending on specs.

All missions are noob friendly. You almost always start on the catapult; in a few missions you start hot on the ramp / deck and must taxi into position to go. No cold starts in this mission pack.

NOTE:

Originally, these missions were built with the Alerax LSO mod incorporated into them. Given the fact that LSO functionality is starting to show up in the latest updates, the LSO mod was removed. In the briefings, there are certain frequencies designated for Marshall and LSO. These can be ignored now.

Right now, the mission pack requires the U.S. Navy Deck Equipment mod. Later, when the animated deck crews are implemented, this mod will be revised.

In a similar vein, all A/G missions were built using ‘dumb’ weapons due to LANTIRN capability for Jester not existing yet. If you play with the LANTIRN mod, you can conceivably change loadouts in the mission planner and fly some of these missions a little differently than they are designed. In the future, when full LANTIRN capability is available via Jester, at least a couple of the missions will undergo revision.

A few of the missions contain custom voice files. (I’m a mediocre voice actor at best) Most extraneous communications happen via message.

The last mission (14 The Big Event) had some crashing issues in initial testing; I pretty much narrowed this down to trying to pack too much ancillary stuff into the mission to make it epic. I’ve pared it down for stability, but you will see units listed in the brief that don’t show up on the F10 map during play. They are still there in spirit! ????

Installation

Module Requirements:

DCS Open Beta

F-14 Tomcat module by Heatblur

Persian Gulf Map

Required Mods:

U.S. Navy Deck Equipment https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301580/

Naval MOD collection https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3304473/

Civ Boats V1 https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302670/?sphrase_id=18393017

Recommended Mods:

F-14 VF-41 Black Aces 1991 V2 https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3304338/

VF-86 Sidewinders Line Bird https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3300821/?sphrase_id=18393294

Tacitcal Call Sign Mod Version 1.0 https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302236/?sphrase_id=18393301

Recommended mods will make squadrons, liveries, and callsigns match the mission designs and briefs. The missions will still function without them, but portions of the briefs will no longer make sense.

Install:

Download and install the required mods, and the recommended mods if desired.

Unzip “The Two-week War” mod folder to your designated OvGME mod folder, and then activate it. The missions should show up in DCS in your F-14 Single Missions folder.

To manually install the missions in the F-14 mission folder, use the following filepath:

DCS World OpenBeta/Mods/aircraft/F14/missions/single

Alternatively, you can drop the individual mission files into your Saved Games mission folder and play them from there. If you want to alter the missions using the ME, the .miz files should be placed in your Saved Games mission folder.

Un-Installation

Either de-activate the mod in OvGME, or follow the filepath you used to manually install the missions and delete them from that folder.

Permissions

This mod is distributed as freeware. Nobody is permitted to use this content for purposes of obtaining money or any other form of compensation. Anyone wishing to modify these files, use them for a campaign, convert them to MP use, or to use them as part of another freeware mod release is free to do so- credit where due is always appreciated!

Disclaimers

As with all mods, install and use at your own risk.

Mission List / Summary

01 Deployed to the Gulf:

Fly a CAP mission designed to help the CSG staff map Iranian air defenses in the Gulf of Oman.

02 Liberty Call at Al Minhad:

Lead a division of Tomcats to Al Minhad for a ‘show the flag’ liaison visit with the UAE.

03 Bombcat Demo:

Fly a low-level bombing mission through the UAE mountains and desert to demonstrate the Tomcat’s abilities as a striker to UAE military observers.

04 Dubai by Moonlight:

Return to the strike group on a night hop. The good news is that you get a look at Dubai at night. The bad news is that you’re trapping in the dark.

05 Chosin SAG Transits the Strait:

Fly a CAP mission covering the transit of another U.S. naval group.

06 Early Morning Buzzkill:

An unexpected provocation results in a surprise ready alert launch and an international incident.

07 Maritime Rescue Operations:

Fly CAP over a rescue operation after the Iranians conduct an unprovoked attack on an Allied freighter in the Gulf.

08 Lavan Retaliatory Strike:

Take part in an Alpha Strike on Lavan Island in response to previous Iranian aggression.

09 Lavan Follow-up Strike:

Conduct a runway cratering dawn strike on the airfield at Lavan Island

10 Abu Musa Naval Interdiction:

Participate in an ASUW air-surface action against Iranian naval units and cargo vessels attempting to move forces to Abu Musa Island.

11 SAR Operations:

Fly a combined AAW/ASUW SUCAP over a SAR mission to rescue an aviator downed in Gulf waters.

12 Kill the Kilo:

What? The Tomcat can’t do ASW? Nonsense. Bomb a damaged Iranian submarine surfaced at Tunb Kochak.

13 Night Ready Launch:

Foil a rare Iranian attempt to conduct a night sneak-attack on the battle group.

14 The Big Event:

Participate in a major battle over the Strait of Hormuz as the 5th Fleet forces an Expeditionary Strike Group through the contested choke point.

For mission hints/tips, see the associated file included in the zip package.

I downloaded all files including the mission and used OvGME to install. Everytime I try to load a mission it says it's missing a required module deck crew.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

• 1 month later...

A simple single mission involving the F-14. Flight path is constant, but enemies are randomized. 35-50 minute flight time

Mission:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3308427/

Discussion/Bug Reporting:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=266614

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• 1 month later...
Pretty straight forward Mirage CAS mission with an interesting aspects to it. Easy/Medium difficulty.

A group of infantry were tasked to meet a HVT at the Qeshm Island Airport and exhiltrate him. After landing on the shores they noticed a road block that is stopping them from reaching the airfield. If they are caught, they will surely be imprisoned.

Read the briefing and you'll be fine.

Easy/Medium difficulty

Some "civilian" aspects to it... Let's just put it this way, you'd be mad if a jet flew over your house at Mach 1.5 right?

Requires: Mirage M-2000C and Persian Gulf map

Disclaimer: this is my first mission that I upload, I have tested it but if you find any issues, please send me a PM and I'll do my best to fix any problems.

[ATTACH]185247[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]185249[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the feedback, will try as well

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A-10C Warthog Operation Persian Freedom

A10_Screenshot.JPG

I am pleased to be in a position to release part one of the Operation Persian Freedom campaign. Consisting of 4 missions, part one will see the player participate in the opening air war of a military campaign against Iran. Three further parts are planned and the story is written, eventually expanding to a four part, 20 mission campaign.

Fully voice acted, part one has represented a considerable effort and the first four missions alone account for over 2 months of work, with almost 700 voice overs recorded, 1200 triggers and over 50 pages of briefing documents and SPINS.

After several years of mission building in private and steadily gaining new skills, OPF represents the first content I have ever released to the community, I will therefore be greatly appreciative of any constructive feedback and I hope you enjoy!

Mission 1 has gone live today, I will be posting missions 2, 3 and 4 over the next week.

Campaign Features:

Take on the role of RAF exchange pilot Flight Lieutenant David ‘Steep’ Hill as he is assigned to the USAF 74th Fighter Squadron ahead of the imminent commencement of ‘Operation Persian Freedom’. This story driven single player campaign for the A-10C Warthog is set in the Persian Gulf in 2011 and explores a scenario where civil unrest in Iran, triggered by the Arab Spring has resulted in the violent repression of it’s citizens by the Iranian government and the use of chemical weapons on it’s own population. This chain of events has led to the formation of US led coalition with a mandate to invade Iran and remove the Iranian government from power.

Drawing inspiration from real life operations such as Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom, Operation Persian Freedom will challenge you through a variety of missions...from roaming ‘kill boxes’ in hunt of enemy armour to providing danger close CAS to troops in contact, flying airborne alert CAS patrols and supporting special forces in the hunt for WMD’s.

During the four part, 20 mission campaign the story of the invasion of Iran will unfold in compelling detail through a recurring cast of characters. The campaign will feature extensive in-flight dialogue, the ability to make choices and the chance to participate in optional in-flight conversations as well as providing detailed briefing documents, kneeboards and accompanying cinematics.

The campaign will also feature a custom ATC system and customised wingman commands.

Mission 1 available here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311099/

Any feedback or bug reporting please find the Dedicated thread here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=280141

LINK TO BRIEFING DOCUMENTS:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1b-qy_MuAYX0L7bwJeI9guWUjZfT1gHQ2?usp=sharing

I am pleased to be in a position to release part one of the Operation Persian Freedom campaign. Consisting of 4 missions, part one will see the player participate in the opening air war of a military campaign against Iran. Three further parts are planned and the story is written, eventually expanding to a four part, 20 mission campaign.

Fully voice acted, part one has represented a considerable effort and the first four missions alone account for over 2 months of work, with almost 700 voice overs recorded, 1200 triggers and over 50 pages of briefing documents and SPINS.

After several years of mission building in private and steadily gaining new skills, OPF represents the first content I have ever released to the community, I will therefore be greatly appreciative of any constructive feedback and I hope you enjoy!

Mission 1 has gone live today, I will be posting missions 2, 3 and 4 over the next week.

Campaign Features:

Take on the role of RAF exchange pilot Flight Lieutenant David ‘Steep’ Hill as he is assigned to the USAF 74th Fighter Squadron ahead of the imminent commencement of ‘Operation Persian Freedom’. This story driven single player campaign for the A-10C Warthog is set in the Persian Gulf in 2011 and explores a scenario where civil unrest in Iran, triggered by the Arab Spring has resulted in the violent repression of it’s citizens by the Iranian government and the use of chemical weapons on it’s own population. This chain of events has led to the formation of US led coalition with a mandate to invade Iran and remove the Iranian government from power.

Drawing inspiration from real life operations such as Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom, Operation Persian Freedom will challenge you through a variety of missions...from roaming ‘kill boxes’ in hunt of enemy armour to providing danger close CAS to troops in contact, flying airborne alert CAS patrols and supporting special forces in the hunt for WMD’s.

During the four part, 20 mission campaign the story of the invasion of Iran will unfold in compelling detail through a recurring cast of characters. The campaign will feature extensive in-flight dialogue, the ability to make choices and the chance to participate in optional in-flight conversations as well as providing detailed briefing documents, kneeboards and accompanying cinematics.

The campaign will also feature a custom ATC system and customised wingman commands.

Mission 1 available here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311099/

Any feedback or bug reporting please find the Dedicated thread here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=280141

LINK TO BRIEFING DOCUMENTS:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1b-qy_MuAYX0L7bwJeI9guWUjZfT1gHQ2?usp=sharing

Mission 2 now available.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311108/

Mission 3 now available

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311154/

Mission 4 now available

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311217/

Miss_2_BONE.jpg

Edited by ChillNG

• 2 weeks later...
These sound amazing jmarso!

Is is possible to mod them to be coop? with 2-4 F14s?

Sorry to be answering this a year late:

Yes, it is possible to do that in the ME. In the README are the permissions for anyone to modify the files as they wish. The only caveat is that it remains freeware. I don't play MP, so I won't be doing said adjustments myself, but anyone who wants to has my okay.

SIDE NOTE: I posted it in another thread, but I'll mention it here as well. After a long absence from the game, I've recently fired it back up and was pleased to find this mission pack still working as advertised. In the past, DCS updates have had an unfortunate tendency to break mods.

• 3 weeks later...

SEAD Practice Mission Featuring Skynet

Mission File Page

I created this for my squad, but thought others would find it useful. This training mission is for groups to develop and practice SEAD procedures and doctrine against a large scale networked SAM system. I hope to continue to improve it over time with additional features.

This mission is designed as a large scale sandbox to test and practice SEAD doctrine. It is meant to be difficult and requires significant effort to roll back the SAM network. The enemy IADS consists of four separate zones; East, Bandar Abbas, Qeshm Island, and West. See the reference picture for zone coverages. Each zone consists of a mix of early warning radars, medium- and short-range IADS integrated SAMs, along with unnetworked tactical SAMs and ADA. The network is laid out in a realistic, state of war configuration. Defenses are concentrated around areas of military importance, but defenses are also deployed to defend potential avenues of ingress to those areas.

SAMs are connected via the Skynet IADS network. Early warning radars will provide pictures to the network, and allow SAMs to activate their radars only when targets are within range. Each area is commanded by a separate command center. See the reference picture for the area of command center location. Destruction of the command center will remove the SAMs in that zone from the network, forcing the SAMs to autonomously scan and acquire targets. SAMs can also detect HARMs and may turn off their radars to prevent destruction. If able, SAMs will also attempt to intercept incoming missiles.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone playing Operation Saber Thrust. I am having an issue where I contact JTAC and everything is fine. He turns on the laser I have a lock I fire the missile and then JTAC comes back on "abort abort abort you do not have permission". Anyone else have this pronlem? Am I doing something wrong? How do I get around this. Any help would be appreciated.