VULCAN FORGE - A Realistic 10 Mission AV-8B Campaign on NTTR

Sedlo

No pressure, I thought I'd mention mainly for future projects because you should definitely do some!

I've already picked up your AV-8B Red Flag mission and I'll be keeping an eye out for anything else with your name on it.

Peace.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

• 2 weeks later...

Sedlo:

Just finished your campaign in 2.5.0 and loved it! Gave purpose to my new AV-8B obsession by providing believable missions that flow well and are really fun to play.

Synthetic NPC voiceovers and recorded player voiceovers are a solid combo, and I was surprised at how well-behaved my wingman was compared to other missions.

Only ran into two real problems (2.5.0.15365):

1. The "magic" voiceover in mission 6 was hard to understand and too fast. Had to read the text.

2. The introduction mission voiceover in mission 10 failed to start (but kicked in once airborne).

For me, campaigns of this quality are "must-haves" for DCS in general and for the AV-8B specifically. With a little more content, I'd happily pay real money for them.

Bravo for making the AV-8B (and DCS) fun.

- jaz

Thanks for the kind words, Jazbanter, glad you liked the campaign!

Thanks for the feedback, too! I'll have a look at what you said and see if I can make some fixes. I'm puzzled by the intro to mission 10, just re-flew it and found the same issue. I'll try and tackle it sometime this weekend.

Cheers!

Sedlo:

Just finished your campaign in 2.5.0 and loved it! Gave purpose to my new AV-8B obsession by providing believable missions that flow well and are really fun to play.

Synthetic NPC voiceovers and recorded player voiceovers are a solid combo, and I was surprised at how well-behaved my wingman was compared to other missions.

Only ran into two real problems (2.5.0.15365):

1. The "magic" voiceover in mission 6 was hard to understand and too fast. Had to read the text.

2. The introduction mission voiceover in mission 10 failed to start (but kicked in once airborne).

For me, campaigns of this quality are "must-haves" for DCS in general and for the AV-8B specifically. With a little more content, I'd happily pay real money for them.

Bravo for making the AV-8B (and DCS) fun.

- jaz

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished mission 3 after 3 attempts. :pilotfly:

This night mission teach me night flight in harrier.

Very good work :notworthy:

Thanks you very much :thumbup:

Current specs: Windows 10 64bit, i7-7700K @ 4.8 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, 1 To SSD, RTX2070-Super, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog, TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

laumaya and Cdn_Payne, I'm super stoked that you guys enjoyed the campaign.

As for future updates from me, I've got the AV-8B Red Flag single mission up on the users files area right now. In progress, I've almost finished a single mission (which could turn into a campaign) on Caucasus right now. Hopefully will be up by April 27th or so, if all goes well.

Mission 3 was my favorite.

Thank you so much for your hard work and effort.

I have really enjoyed this campaign so far.

Crashed on Mission 3 and did not have time to redo yet but it was FUN.

Was this made before deferred shading??. I made similar mission in NV but with deferred shading the night flight is alot rougher and kinda changed my intent.

Looking forward to finishing the campaign over the next week or so.

On a side note if I mod this for RAMP start would it affect the timing of the missions? other than 3?. first 2 had no time requirement.

Thanks

Excellent Campaign. Thank-you very much for taking the time to share your creations. Enjoying it very much.

Cheers

Rotor57

My Rig; Intel i7 3770K @ 3.5_32GB RAM_GTX 1080 _X55 Rhino Throttle_TM_Warthog Flight Stick_TM Pedals_28" 4K Eyeball Bleeding Monitor::doh:

Take off is optional, landing is not::pilotfly:

FC3; CA; NTTR; P51; Spitfire; F86F; Mig15; F5; KA-50; AJS 37 Viggen; UH-1H; F18C; A10-C;M2000;AV8B-N/A;Christen Eagle;

Thanks, Rotor! Glad you're enjoying them!

PS, stay tuned, got a new AV-8B / Caucasus mission just uploaded to the site. Should be active within a couple of days, I imagine.

say whaat. its live! downloading right meow. well there goes my saturday morning thanks a lot ;)

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Rarely post on here but just finished Vulcan Forge and a huge BZ (Bravo Zulu) of thanks to Sedlo for creating such a highly immersive, realistic and well-thought out campaign.

Perfect difficulty gradient for those 'newish' to the Harrier with a good test of skills and weaponeering - with plausible storyline and threats.

Excellent stuff - 10/10 - would Forge again!

Can't wait to try your Harrier Casacsus campaign! More please!

Flashheart602, thanks very much for your kind words. I am really glad you enjoyed the campaign.

No new campaigns in the immediate future, but I've put out two single missions since Vulcan Forge.

1. Red Flag - AV-8B Edition https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3215738/

2. Eastern Friendship - Mission 1 - https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3300426/

I'm thinking about turning Eastern Friendship into a 4 mission mini campaign, but that work is going to have to wait until the summertime.

Cheers again,

SEDLO

Rarely post on here but just finished Vulcan Forge and a huge BZ (Bravo Zulu) of thanks to Sedlo for creating such a highly immersive, realistic and well-thought out campaign.

Perfect difficulty gradient for those 'newish' to the Harrier with a good test of skills and weaponeering - with plausible storyline and threats.

Excellent stuff - 10/10 - would Forge again!

Can't wait to try your Harrier Casacsus campaign! More please!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey Sedlo, congrats on the campaign. One question about mission3: I loft bombed the barracks and when told to bomb the BTR, I had a weird GBU problem that prevented me from release in any mode. I then strafed the BTR to take it out. Then I flew a long time but nothing happened. The CH47s were just waiting on the ground I think. Did I absolutely need to bomb the BTR? Was that the problem?

Also the SA8 took out both SEADs...then you know what happened to the SA8...

Hey Spetsnaz36!

I'm away from home for a few weeks, so I can't answer your question (can't remember). Many of the triggers are weapons based, so that may be it.

I'll add your point to the list and check it out when I get back.

Hey, I tried again. This time I still couldn't drop my 2nd GBU, but after I strafed the BTR the mission continued normally and I was asked to RTB. After reviewing tacview, I think the difference is that this time I arrived on time and the SA8 dropped dead automatically before it could take out the SEAD flight... But thanks anyway