Through The Inferno (Georgian Coast) - Highly dynamic and endless task-based mission

Hi I really enjoy this in multiplayer although I do not feel skilled enough to be there .

When I download from DCS mind you new to PC gaming. My CPU unzips them as notepad files.?

IS there a how to install walkthrough?

Edited by Palmtask
Added

Thanks for replying

I was planning on running it on a dedicated machine, just at the weekends to try it out and see if she can handle the load

Would it not be possible to get the script files needed that are stored on your host machine?

I ran it on my machine and had one person connected and it ran great. But I put a password on it and didn't make it public because the author doesn't want us running a public server which I completely understand. No need to cause confusion. The real MP server is really good and has many different features and sounds like saying "Shoot" when you have a lock and you're in range. I'm sure if a lot of people connected it wouldn't perform well because I was playing on it at the same time. It is a fantastic mission to teach a newbie how to play on. The MP version is so good, it's like a different game though.

An I7 7700k w/ 16 GB ram (That's probably where additional ram would make a HUGE difference) the game is installed on an SSD and it has a 1060 6GB card in it.

I don't know how much this will support, especially when I want to play also. But the above system with 1 person connected had no noticable lag or problems. I even left it up to take a break while my friend was on and watched something on netflix for an hour or so and it was still working the whole time.

Hi I really enjoy this in multiplayer although I do not feel skilled enough to be there .

When I download from DCS mind you new to PC gaming. My CPU unzips them as notepad files.?

IS there a how to install walkthrough?

You just extract the files somewhere you know the path to. Then you load the mission from DCS. You just go to Mission, then go to Open Mission and go to the path you extracted the file to and select it. Click open and it will load just like that.

Ah ok, so just your server in US and the Australia currently hosting it

Pity there is no EU one :-(

Well if you ever get your system/program into a testable status give me shout, I could help you test it out on an EU based server

When you load the single player version, the text that comes up when you start says you can host your own games if you want to play with just your friends. But they ask you not to make a public server and if you see any servers running their game publically to report it to them. I untick public and I put a password on it. I use this mission with a friend for training and I want to teach my brother how to fly the F15, but we're having problems with him being able to connect for some reason. (I think that's a DCS issue, it always says "Server Offline" when he tries to connect to me)

• 1 month later...

Hi!

In this mission, I get a constant lock tone in the Gaz Mistral, both in the version with and without smoke. Can anyone confirm? Thanks!

See this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=207160

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

A big update that fixes some bugs, improves performance, and adds new airframes is live and has been uploaded to the ED User Files Page. (Find the link at the top post).

Please let me know if there are any issues, bugs or anything you'd like to see in a future update.

Thanks and enjoy!

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

Hello !

I just tested last 1.10 whithout edit nothing and when I ask for mission like air/ground or Helo, the task launch continuously with bip bip and nothing happens. I tested with M2000-C named mig-21 in editor ( i don't know if it's important).

Thank you !

EDIT:

Same things for all aircrafts for the two versions (smoke/no smoke).

mission helo active (bip bip)

(but same for all type off missions)

Edited by paradox64

ROG Maximus XI Hero / i9-9900k @5Ghz / 32Gb DDR4 @3200Mhz / Samsung 960 Pro M.2 / RTX2080ti / Vive Pro / ROG 3440x1440

Hello !

I just tested last 1.10 whithout edit nothing and when I ask for mission like air/ground or Helo, the task launch continuously with bip bip and nothing happens. I tested with M2000-C named mig-21 in editor ( i don't know if it's important).

Thank you !

EDIT:

Same things for all aircrafts for the two versions (smoke/no smoke).

(but same for all type off missions)

Thanks for letting me know.

Issue is fixed in version 1.11, live now on the ed user files page.

"Through The Inferno"

Thanks a lot but heu... 404 not found

Edit: link ok but i have the same problem. I will try to understand

Edited by paradox64

ROG Maximus XI Hero / i9-9900k @5Ghz / 32Gb DDR4 @3200Mhz / Samsung 960 Pro M.2 / RTX2080ti / Vive Pro / ROG 3440x1440

Thanks a lot but heu... 404 not found

it doesnt work?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3063233/

"Through The Inferno"

Is it a problem if in the [CAP]M-2000C group the name of the mirage is Mig-21bis or only the group name is important ?

Sorry I am full newbie with script and editor. I just wan't to be sure there no scripting interactions regarding the names of the pre-created clients aircrafts.

Edited by paradox64

Is it a problem if in the [CAP]M-2000C group the name of the mirage is Mig-21bis or only the group name is important ?

You need a mod that changes the planes in the countries.

You don't have it, so your editor will look different than mine. If you run the mission without tampering with it, the airframes match the group names as intended.

You need the file attached (this currently works with 2.5.1)

and you need to put it in

DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Database

Save a backup.

You can also edit the file yourself, make sure you copy and paste the airframes from the right countries with the correct spelling.

For example, in my version, I added a few planes to Canada:

-- CANADA
local units  = country:get("CANADA").Units

cnt_unit( units.Planes.Plane, "C-130");
       cnt_unit( units.Planes.Plane, "P-51D");
       cnt_unit( units.Planes.Plane, "F/A-18C");
       --ADDED
       cnt_unit( units.Planes.Plane, "Su-25");
       cnt_unit( units.Planes.Plane, "Su-25T");
       cnt_unit( units.Planes.Plane, "A-10A");

db_countries.lua

"Through The Inferno"

Every things works great ! Thanks a lot ! :thumbup:

I can't imagine the work for this kind of mission !

Edited by paradox64

You need a mod that changes the planes in the countries.

You don't have it, so your editor will look different than mine. If you run the mission without tampering with it, the airframes match the group names as intended.

You need the file attached (this currently works with 2.5.1)

and you need to put it in

DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Database

Save a backup.

You can also edit the file yourself, make sure you copy and paste the airframes from the right countries with the correct spelling.

For example, in my version, I added a few planes to Canada:

Great, I could fix a terrible injustice for my country that has its own awacs and not in dcs! lol thanks again! :smilewink:

Great, I could fix a terrible injustice for my country that has its own awacs and not in dcs! lol thanks again! :smilewink:

Haha, well the reasoning for my country assignments has more to do with how the big multiplayer version of this mission works:

All helos are set to UK.

All messages that relate to helos only, are only sent via a trigger "Message to Country: UK"

This way those pilots in specific aircraft get specific messages. There's no need for those planes designed and assigned to do CAP only to get messages about a helo mission :) A simple workaround without having to script too much.

"Through The Inferno"

What am I doing wrong? All the previous releases show up in DCS but this one doesn't. The others end in an extension of .MIZ and this one is a .ZIP file. I changed the extension to .MIZ in dos and that makes it show up in DCS. But I can't load this in either the mission editor or as a mission. If I try, DCS goes to the loading screen, but task manager shows no disk activity so it never does anything, it just freezes and I have to force close it through end task. It also has no information under description when you select it in DCS. I don't think it is seeing this as the right file type so it doesn't know what to do. How do I get this to work?

Haha, well the reasoning for my country assignments has more to do with how the big multiplayer version of this mission works:

All helos are set to UK.

All messages that relate to helos only, are only sent via a trigger "Message to Country: UK"

This way those pilots in specific aircraft get specific messages. There's no need for those planes designed and assigned to do CAP only to get messages about a helo mission :) A simple workaround without having to script too much.

Interesting, it doesn't surprise me because it is really very fluid for such a complete mission ! Regarding the awacs, it is not available for France in the game normally whatever the mission. It is now !

What am I doing wrong? All the previous releases show up in DCS but this one doesn't. The others end in an extension of .MIZ and this one is a .ZIP file. I changed the extension to .MIZ in dos and that makes it show up in DCS. But I can't load this in either the mission editor or as a mission. If I try, DCS goes to the loading screen, but task manager shows no disk activity so it never does anything, it just freezes and I have to force close it through end task. It also has no information under description when you select it in DCS. I don't think it is seeing this as the right file type so it doesn't know what to do. How do I get this to work?

NVM, I didn't realize it was an archive that had two different versions of the mission inside. Great work as usual, I love this mission.

Hello!

I wanted to run this mission to do some easy ground attack in the L39ZA, which is in the list of included modules, but I don't see it listed among the planes that can be spawned at the start. Am I missing something? Thanks!

I have a silly question about solo map but with all these scripts I prefer to be sure .. for example can I add any aircraft from any country, as a client or player directly and name it as I want without there being errors in the running of scripts ? I do not speak about AI. thank you

Edited by paradox64

Hi,

Thanks for creating this.

After some work I was able to get my A10-C in the air, only to find out I had no bombs :doh:

back to the airfield, load up and off again.

After starting an "easy - air to ground" mission. I could get the JTAC status, but was not able to contact JTAC using the comms menu.

I'm a bit lost here and I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. Any hints?

P.S.

do I have to do something special to get my own skin working? I could select it in the loadout menu, but it didn't load the skin.

(I created the skin in 2014-ish and getting back into the A10 now)

thanks!

Hello!

I wanted to run this mission to do some easy ground attack in the L39ZA, which is in the list of included modules, but I don't see it listed among the planes that can be spawned at the start. Am I missing something? Thanks!

Looks like I accidently changed the L-39 into the J-11. I created new slots for the L-39 in version 1.12, just updated :)

I have a silly question about solo map but with all these scripts I prefer to be sure .. for example can I add any aircraft from any country, as a client or player directly and name it as I want without there being errors in the running of scripts ? I do not speak about AI. thank you

You can add any aircraft from any country as client. Do not use 'player' because it will default to that slot. 'player' is meant for a purely single-slot, one-plane only mission.

Additionally, you can only have planes that are tied to certain countries. Which is why I made that mod, so there are more options for more planes in more countries.

Adding new slots won't affect the scripting in my mission, no, you're fine to do as you like, but please do not host the mission as a public server.

Hi,

Thanks for creating this.

After some work I was able to get my A10-C in the air, only to find out I had no bombs :doh:

back to the airfield, load up and off again.

After starting an "easy - air to ground" mission. I could get the JTAC status, but was not able to contact JTAC using the comms menu.

I'm a bit lost here and I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. Any hints?

P.S.

do I have to do something special to get my own skin working? I could select it in the loadout menu, but it didn't load the skin.

(I created the skin in 2014-ish and getting back into the A10 now)

thanks!

You don't need to contact the JTACs. The auto-JTAC script is always lasing 1688 and is always smoking that target. Use the F10 - Other Menu and then JTAC status to get detailed info on the target it is lasing.

The whole point of the regular JTAC menu in DCS is to get them to smoke/lase, so this script bypasses all of that so we can lase and smoke any enemy on the ground that is generated dynamically out of thin air.

For your skin, make sure you remove the line that designates the country in the description.lua.

Also, the scripting for a skin may have changed since then, see if your skin follows the same scripting protocols as skins that are already in the game.

"Through The Inferno"

Looks like I accidently changed the L-39 into the J-11. I created new slots for the L-39 in version 1.12, just updated :)

Could you do this to the Nevada map as well? It turns out the same thing happens there. Cheers!

Edited by TLTeo

You can add any aircraft from any country as client. Do not use 'player' because it will default to that slot. 'player' is meant for a purely single-slot, one-plane only mission.

Additionally, you can only have planes that are tied to certain countries. Which is why I made that mod, so there are more options for more planes in more countries.

Adding new slots won't affect the scripting in my mission, no, you're fine to do as you like, but please do not host the mission as a public server.

Thanks for your answer ! Don't worry ;-) it's only for me and for solos missions. I rarely play multiplayers (and I respect others work).

Pushed out another update that has the auto JTACs designating priority targets! They will now target SAMs first, AAA, then anything else that is remaining that is not considered top priority (fuel trucks, unarmed) will be chosen last.

Enjoy!

"Through The Inferno"